2023-24 NHL Season Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NHL Season Thread

And I want to say good bye to Boston tonight. They looked tired for a few games but seemed to have recovered some in their most recent game.

Boston got dominated the first four games of the series, they were fortunate to get a win. But they outplayed Florida in games 5 & 6…tonight was a tough loss. Would have been interesting to see a game 7 between these two teams (and to see if Boston could win the series after looking so outmatched for 4 games…), but in the end the “lucky wins” evened out and the better team won.

In the one the other night it was pretty clear the O pushed the D into the goalie but it also had zero to do with the actual goal because the goalie was never going to make the play.

This was the opp.. The D pushed the O into the goalie , unless the decided the contact happened before the push. Normally that doesnt get called.
I disagree. Swayman couldn't lift up his stick. We've seen the occassional play where there is an apparently wide open 4 x 6 and the goalie somehow stops the shot with a desperate reach of the stick. Unlikely, yes, but to me he should have been afforded the chance.

I disagree. Swayman couldn't lift up his stick. We've seen the occassional play where there is an apparently wide open 4 x 6 and the goalie somehow stops the shot with a desperate reach of the stick. Unlikely, yes, but to me he should have been afforded the chance.

I don't agree. One of the things that keeps bringing forwards into contact with the goalie is the defenders push them in, knowing that call usually goes to the defense. Other than that, NHL officiating is atrocious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom