2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

I'm still confused about Duke and O'Neill. Guy put up the points again, but I'm not sure how many times I saw him touch the ball in the 2nd half. Three? And they gave him the ball at the end of the half (or maybe end of the 3rd?) with 10 seconds left and he didn't even get a shot off. Best player in the country and he seems very underutilized.

To compare to an obvious huge talent, I think Mike Powell (or Casey, or Ryan) touched the ball A FEW TIMES every offensive set. Not with O'Neill. It confuses me.

FWIW, there have been rumors posted on our board on a bunch of occasions that Dook would lose a bunch of recruits and players if Junior takes over. apparently he is not universally liked.
I've been saying this all year...he used to be in the middle of every offensive and man-up huddle. Now...if you watch on television you don't see him. I was at the Utah game and he stands way down the box with the trainers. I honestly think something is going on.

O'Neill dodges and dodges and shoots falling away shots that often miss. It's weird. Go towards the goal, dude!

I love it! I knew when Maryland played sloppy as heck, had all those turnovers, missed groundballs and such that if they were still only down 2-3 it was going to be an interesting second half. Thank god Maryland won! Now I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs and not worry about them winning.

And also...Leadmon was in the crease last year. I swear it'll curse Duke like the goat and the Cubs. If you played lacrosse, you knew if you stepped in the crease. When the guy took off his helmet and ran around celebrating what shouldn't have been a goal? Well, there you go. Bad mojo for Duke.

Duke officially the leader for most disapointing season now, still can't figure them out. O'Neill is a really good player but it's obvious he isn't an alpha player and I'm not sure they have one this season.

Props to Maryland, they remind me of when Syracuse was a more consistent program, making final fours even in years they really had no business doing it!
They had so many bad turnovers on simple passes, so many missed easy GBs and such. I'm amazed a program of that caliber was that sloppy, which is what a lot of you guys have been frustrated with from Cuse and Gait.

I knew if they stuck around after that bad first half and all those turnovers they were going to be dangerous. Duke has confused me all season. They either win by 20 and look unstoppable or they just look very average.

Weirman worked Naso HARD! Just like Will Lynch last year in the NC.

Soooooooo long Naso, O'Neill, Zwada, Williams, Tyler Carpenter. I think Danowski gives it one more shot and then retires. His comments on replay are crazy. The shot hit the net!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom