CBS Sports Post-Spring ACC Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports Post-Spring ACC Power Rankings

Cal up at #8, Cuse #10.
Cal finished 2023 4-5 in Pac 12 play and 6-7 overall.

They are getting a lot of respect from some writers.

I am very interested to see how the newbies do in conference play.

Will the ACC prove more physical that Pac 12 schools were? How much will all the extra travel, especially for the Cali schools, impact things?

I thought the biggest impact on the Syracuse program when they moved to the ACC was attrition due to injury. The ACC had bigger more physical teams than the Big East did and we seemed to get physically beat up more, especially in the second half of seasons.

We still haven't gotten the depth needed to get through the 8 play ACC schedule but I think for the first time since we have joined the ACC, we are close. I am expecting a better November for SU football than we have had in a long time.

Last edited:
I think it is generally easier for west to travel east for football.

I figure most of these games will be in the 3:30 to 8pm Eastern time kickoff brackets to capture CALI TV

It'll be interesting to watch this year.

BTW noon and 3:30pm kicks in Dallas are brutal through mid October

Stanford won't know what him them for a sold out Friday night game.

Weather in mid November at Berkeley can be glorious or really rainy. HCFB better train these guys and game plan for wet and wind if a Pacific wet weather front comes in. Having two top ACC RBs and TEs will be huge.

Last edited:

I figure most of these games will be in the 3:30 to 8pm Eastern time kickoff brackets to capture CALI TV

Weather in mid November at Berkeley can be glorious or really rainy. HCFB better train these guys and game plan for wet and wind if a Pacific wet weather front comes in. Having two top ACC RBs and TEs will be huge.
Those gambling degenerates have done some good work on this for us to review and discuss.

Turns out west coast teams do play worse the further east they are asked to play.

But another study says that while teams traveling in both directions are affected negatively, teams travelling from the east to the west have the worst of it. So you are right Mark. You aren't a travel maven for your good looks, are you?

And what is up with an article in the Chicago Tribune having the word 'suck' in it?

Not good for Syracuse, a team that has to make two road trips to the Pacific time zone this season. Thanks ACC and thanks whoever decided scheduling UNLV this year was a good idea.

Damn circadian rhythms.

Last edited:
I think we go 8-4, 4-4 in the conference, where that will place us at the end of the season I don’t know

Cal finished 2023 4-5 in Pac 12 play and 6-7 overall.

They are getting a lot of respect from some writers.

I am very interested to see how the newbies do in conference play.

Will the ACC prove more physical that Pac 12 schools were? How much will all the extra travel, especially for the Cali schools, impact things?

I thought the biggest impact on the Syracuse program when they moved to the ACC was attrition due to injury. The ACC had bigger more physical teams that the Big East did and we seemed to get physically beat up more, especially in the second half of seasons.

We still haven't gotten the depth needed to get through the 8 play ACC schedule but I think for the first time since we have joined the ACC, we are close. I am expecting a better November for SU football than we have had in a long time.
I think you are on to something.

With this new group, I think SMU will enter with the most tough depth. The Ponies added some nice depth through the portal, including 1 SEC All-Freshman team OL from Arkansas.

And none of them playing QB…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom