Class of 2022 - DB Marcus Washington Jr. (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Marcus Washington Jr. (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24)

I don’t really see why it has to be one or the other. We can be excited that Fran is bringing a former top 150 recruit that he personally recruited to UGA while also being conscious of the fact that he couldn’t crack the 2 deep at Louisville. Even heading into this Spring. Which is a red flag.

So maybe temper expectations on one side while not being so negative on the other.
Well that's just crazy talk.

I don’t really see why it has to be one or the other. We can be excited that Fran is bringing a former top 150 recruit that he personally recruited to UGA while also being conscious of the fact that he couldn’t crack the 2 deep at Louisville. Even heading into this Spring. Which is a red flag.

So maybe temper expectations on one side while not being so negative on the other.
I agree. Im not saying he will necessarily contribute as a starter right away. But with the eligibility, watching his highlight film and the relationship between him and Fran I think it's got huge potential especially with time. Sometimes you need the "right fit" and that may come with guidance, let's see what happens.

Wonder if its a numbers thing and they need to see where some other things fall to determine if there is enough room.

Fran is the reigning defensive back coach of the year NATIONALLY. As well as the best recruiter in the country, two years running. He recruited this kid to UGA and has an outstanding relationship with him and his mother. With 3 years of eligibility it would be a huge pickup.
That’s all well and good, but I trust anglerman over some coach.

Wonder if its a numbers thing and they need to see where some other things fall to determine if there is enough room.
I was thinking the same thing. I am guessing Donovan Brown may be an academic casualty based on what Fran said. If you include him, I believe that is two open roster spots and I am pretty sure, based on hints Money gave, that we have a running back coming in who has not been made public yet. We need a backup QB so wonder if there will be a spot for this kid or not

I was thinking the same thing. I am guessing Donovan Brown may be an academic casualty based on what Fran said. If you include him, I believe that is two open roster spots and I am pretty sure, based on hints Money gave, that we have a running back coming in who has not been made public yet. We need a backup QB so wonder if there will be a spot for this kid or not
I have to think there is a spot. Maybe there is another academic issue somewhere we don't yet know about but Fran does. Wouldn't make sense to bring him in to recruit him with the end result being "Well, sure like ya kid, but we don't have a scholarship available. Good luck!". I gotta think the numbers were worked out ahead of time. Even if unofficially and in a way not yet publicly known.

I have to think there is a spot. Maybe there is another academic issue somewhere we don't yet know about but Fran does. Wouldn't make sense to bring him in to recruit him with the end result being "Well, sure like ya kid, but we don't have a scholarship available. Good luck!". I gotta think the numbers were worked out ahead of time. Even if unofficially and in a way not yet publicly known.
Yeah I agree, I would hope they didn’t have him and his mom come up for a maybe. So, hopefully just the kid pondering

My guess would be they don't have him visit at this stage unless they know a slot is opening. It's less a matter of if the slot needed opens and just a matter of when. You still bring him in to see everything with mom.

Yeah I agree, I would hope they didn’t have him and his mom come up for a maybe. So, hopefully just the kid pondering
patience grasshopper.gif

Good addition to add to the CB room. Have to rely on Fran getting the best out the potential he showed when he was given 4 star rankings.

Side note: I heard Jamari Johnson wants out at Louisville also but was convince to stick it out another season