Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

i'm not saying it isnt nice to have a great rim protecting center...but reducing everything to block/game is just way overvaluing blocks

I'd rather have a center that can rebound and score in the post and be a threat on offense and guard the block...after all that then yeah get some blocks

i feel like a lot of people just want rim protection from a center and I have hated watching that style of center the last 10 years for the orange
I hear you on some of that. But, I don't see many posters who have "reduced everything to blocks/game" or "just want rim protection from a center." The discussion is, or should be, more nuanced than that because playing "good" defense is much more nuanced than that.

Apart for last year, you've been watching SU play exclusively JB's zone where shot blocking and length seemed to be valued over rebounding and positioning. Of course, everyone wants a 5 who can score in the post AND dominate inside on D. If you don't have one guy who can do all that (many teams don't), you have to maximize the skill sets you do have. NM was not good on defense, but teams had to respect his ability to block shots. Both things can be true. There is value in that skill.

So we have 1 big bodied center who wont be pushed around and is also an above average offensive threat and 1 big bodied center who wont be pushed around and is also an elite shot blocker

What are we so angry about?

So we have 1 big bodied center who wont be pushed around and is also an above average offensive threat and 1 big bodied center who wont be pushed around and is also an elite shot blocker

What are we so angry about?
Will Forte Fml GIF by The Lonely Island

I hear you on some of that. But, I don't see many posters who have "reduced everything to blocks/game" or "just want rim protection from a center." The discussion is, or should be, more nuanced than that because playing "good" defense is much more nuanced than that.

Apart for last year, you've been watching SU play exclusively JB's zone where shot blocking and length seemed to be valued over rebounding and positioning. Of course, everyone wants a 5 who can score in the post AND dominate inside on D. If you don't have one guy who can do all that (many teams don't), you have to maximize the skill sets you do have. NM was not good on defense, but teams had to respect his ability to block shots. Both things can be true. There is value in that skill.
well I hink a lot of people think NM is good at defense bc he gets a lot of blocks

thats where their analysis stops and starts

i want a center who can score down low, who can rebound and who can guard in the low post

i dont really care about shot blocking...

for me, its the cherry on top...but for a lot of SU fans its seems to be the main criteria