Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

You forget DC and Billy, they were both great passers, and could do a lot of other things. Put either of those 2 on last year's team and the are a shue in for the tourney.
Malig was a nice role player on a good team, not a star.
DC was so good he could have led my intramural team to the tournament. And I think it was 32 teams back then.

I imagine too that losing the coach who recruited him, GMac, didn’t help either. He entered the transfer portal within a few days after GMac was announced as the new coach at Siena. MaliQ had a great game when we played at Duke with 26 points on 11-16 shooting including 1 for 2 from the 3 point line and 7 rebounds. Obviously Duke had him on their radar.

You’re right, Cherie. I forgot about GMac leaving right around that time. That was probably the final straw. Oh well, I’m excited to see Jyare, Donnie, Lamp and Bell work the front court. Would have been nice to have Maliq, but cest la vie. We march onward! LGO

I haven't heard anyone disagree with anything except the "liability" word (much less consider kcsu's take outrageous).

And calling him a liability has to do with how good a team you've got. Not everyone has to be a "go to" guy on offense, but if you want a team that's unstoppable, then yeah, you need every guy on the floor to be able to create their own opportunities.
That's an excellent point. Last year we had a team that just simply didn't fit well together.
Liability in my use equals a deficit.
Again I'm talking about Maliq at the 4 spot on offense not the 5.
As a forward he really didn't need to be covered. If you watch games he would become a statue. Other players often JJ or Judah would literally have to run to him and in essence get a hand off from Maliq because he had no handle. Yes I was a good passer but that was against Bigs. Not when he was playing forward which was rare. And why was it rare. Because he didn't bring anything to the offense from the 4 spot.
Maliq is a nice complimentary player who is unfortunately to small to play the 5 and lacks the offensive skills to play the 4 in today's game.
I like the skill set of the DE transfer much better at the 4 spot and believe he will do well for us.
Maliq should do well at Duke. He will give them solid D and rebounding and will probably play 15 or so a game.
I'm a fan of Maliq and appreciate all he did last year as without him we don't win 20. Probably not 15. Kid is a warrior and I didn't mean to put him down. I should have articulated my thoughts on his offensive limitations differently.