If we don’t make the tournament next yr, is Red gone? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

If we don’t make the tournament next yr, is Red gone?

All I know is if we win 19 games or less in year 2 that will be bad. Need to show progress of turning this program around. Need at least 21 wins or more next year. Not sure the current roster can pull that off...

20 wins would be a nice building block if you didnt lose your two best players and replaced them with middle of the road mid major players.
20 wins sounds great until you realize the ACC was the weakest it's been in decades. duke and UNC barely hangin' in the top 10 and a couple teams drifting in and out of the top 25 . really was a down year for the ACC.

Last edited:
20 wins sounds great until you realize the ACC was the weakest it's been in decades. duke and UNC barely hangin' in the top 10 and a couple teams drifting in and out of the top 25 . really was a down year for the ACC.
Was it really? Clemson, Wake, Pitt, Duke, UNC, Duke, NC State, Virginia. I think PITT, Wake and SU could have done damage in the NCATT. Tournament showed how deep the conference was.

If we don’t make the ncaa this year he’s on the hot seat. Game is professional now. It needs to be graded on individualized seasons now. There’s no rebuild. There’s nothing but wins and losses

I don’t even care if these kids go to classes. It’s all fake school now anyway. If you transfer 2-3x it’s a farce. Treat it as such.

Sux for red but this is the bed the ncaa created
Short sighted. Whatever this is is transitory. This state of chaos will resolve itself to something more rational

Ok, where are Red's guys? The guy they were building the entire team around got up and left.

Lost one to a bigger bag? Dont forget Brown.

What guys did we "give a bigger bag" to?
I thought they were building it around the set of highly regarded wing players.

Who knew?

I thought they were building it around the set of highly regarded wing players.

Who knew?
Well Bulldog knew and I trust him a hell of a lot more than i do you.

When you say highly regarded, who so you mean outside of Freeman?

As of now, Duke and NC are weaker than last year.

We don’t want this to happen. Good chance he’s coaching year 3 as a do or die lame duck though.

ACC is soft we should be better. Losing centers to NIL is pathetic. All while we have to watch our most despised rival win titles without breaking a sweat or playing a close game 12 ncaa tournament games 12 blowouts.

Autry is going to get the benefit of the doubt from the AD for another year and I assume we won’t have the same pantsings next offseason. We could suck next year but be awesome year 3 Freeman to the NBA isn’t exactly a lock he’s not even on mocks just has an improved recruiting ranking.

No chance he coaches a 4th if it’s 0/3 for tournament bids.

This is fairly simple. Red has until 2025-26 season to make the NCAAT. If he doesn’t make it after 3 full seasons a change will be made.

This is fairly simple. Red has until 2025-26 season to make the NCAAT. If he doesn’t make it after 3 full seasons a change will be made.
Thank you, o' oracle.

You're probably right though

Depends. Why are we failing to get kids here? Is it the kids not relating to Red? Is it the assistants? Is there a lack of NIL $? If so, why? We are a BBall school with a huge fanbase. It wouldn't make sense to struggle with NIL. Do the mega donors not have faith in Red? Or are they protesting short term letting JB go?

So what is the problem? If it is Red, then I can see him gone after year 2. If it isn't Red, then I can see him here past year 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom