Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 vs Stony Brook 10: Sun May 12, 2 PM [NCAA 2nd Rd] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 vs Stony Brook 10: Sun May 12, 2 PM [NCAA 2nd Rd]

From everything I know and have heard about Joe Spallina, this is probably fairly accurate. If only Syracuse University and SUAD had some connections in the media and they could get their story out, man that would ideal. Instead they are letting the losing coach control the narrative.
I think what complicated things and prevented them from doing that is his daughter is the #1 recruit in the country and his son is our best player…. In the portal age, it’s not smart to blast their parents publicly.

Unfortunately for SU, there are a hundred plus of other WLAX coaches they could do this with. This is probably the only case where they have to be cautious.

I actually applaud them for taking the high road. The person I talked to was PISSED about the whole thing.

I hadn’t watched Joe’s press conference until now. I don’t like what he said about Kate’s stick and some of it comes off as being a sore loser but I do agree with him on some things. There’s no way those two teams should have been playing each other in the second round. Both were screwed by the selection committee.

He was holding back tears and it sounds like there’s a solid chance he steps away from coaching next year. I wonder if the whole tent thing was his one last dig at the NCAA. More so expressing his displeasure with the difference of standards between the men’s and women’s tournaments. I think his point was that neither team should have had to deal with the tent and that they deserved similar accommodations to what the men get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom