2024 Bracketology / Selection Show | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Bracketology / Selection Show

I'm usually very critical of the committee. This seems like a fair deal. If I'm ND, I'm not too happy with Georgetown and Penn State in my bracket. Duke seems to have made out best.

Towson will be much harder than Lehigh, but I'm glad not to have UVA or St. Joe's in our bracket. 4 Seed means ND in the semifinal, but you have to play them eventually.

Some betting lines:
Syracuse -3.5 v. Towson
Virginia -4.5 v. St. Joe's
Duke -7 v. Utah
Denver -1.5 v. Michigan
Hopkins -4.5 v. Lehigh
Penn St -1.5 @ Georgetown
Princeton -1.5 @ Maryland
I would take st Joe's with 4.5 all day

I'm usually very critical of the committee. This seems like a fair deal. If I'm ND, I'm not too happy with Georgetown and Penn State in my bracket. Duke seems to have made out best.

Towson will be much harder than Lehigh, but I'm glad not to have UVA or St. Joe's in our bracket. 4 Seed means ND in the semifinal, but you have to play them eventually.
Curious why you think Lehigh easier than Towson? Have you seen them play? Talented all over the field.

I have not seen Towson since the Hop game in Feb. I'm sure they're improved.

hard to know how good towson really is. they have won 9 in a row, but those wins have come against drexel, fairfield, stony brook, hofstra, hampton, monmouth, delaware, drexel again, and delaware again...in other words nobody good except delaware i guess. they have played two legitimately good teams in hop and uva and lost them both...they will give the orange a game but this is a game they have to win

Towson as noted is an intriguing matchup. Really good team but overall #s a bit inflated as the CAA has some really putrid squads they dominated. Towson played Hop to start the year and got blown out. They did blow out St. Joes when they were a mess early and only lost by four to UVA 19-15 though I think they closed the gap late. Other loss was 11-10 to Loyola.

Demaio and Weissharr are the Two main conditions for Towson. Cuse will have to lock down defensively on them. Another d performance like the last 2 games will likely send SU home.

Constantinides is at 58% for the year. Kohn and Mullen will need to be at 50% or better. I need to look into Towsona D more closely but my recollection is they don't run a 10 man. D appears solid but obviously the 2 peer teams to SU Hop and UVA put up 15 and 19 respectively
Yes. Lars emptied his bench and Nadelen didn't. It was 19-12 w/5 min to go and DeMaio scored or assisted on the last 3 goals. Michigan did the same thing last season.

Last edited:
Kohn and Mullen better flush that Duke performance and wake up. Their FO guy (Constantinides) is not bad at .583. We cannot go for long scoreless stretches against this defense. Another slow start could be fatal.

Yes. Lars emptied his bench and Nadelen didn't. It was 19-12 w/5 min to go and DeMaio scored or assisted on the last 3 goals. Michigan did the same thing last season.

Thanks for clarifying, my recollection was that UVA was cruising late but I couldn't be 100%. I know it was two months ago but would be curious to get your take on the matchup. Anything stand out positive or negative in the matchup from your standpoint? Anything to keep or eyes on?

Thanks for clarifying, my recollection was that UVA was cruising late but I couldn't be 100%. I know it was two months ago but would be curious to get your take on the matchup. Anything stand out positive or negative in the matchup from your standpoint? Anything to keep or eyes on?
They led by a couple of goals at a couple of points in the 1Q and 7-6 in 2Q and it was UVa 10-9 at the half. Then we just cruised away from them in 3Q outscoring them 6-1. It actually got up to 19-10 with 11:38 to go in the game and they scored the last 5 goals, DeMaio is their prime player (1+6, 7); keeping him under control is key.

They led by a couple of goals at a couple of points in the 1Q and 7-6 in 2Q and it was UVa 10-9 at the half. Then we just cruised away from them in 3Q outscoring them 6-1. It actually got up to 19-10 with 11:38 to go in the game and they scored the last 5 goals, DeMaio is their prime player (1+6, 7); keeping him under control is key.

Thanks. Curious to see if you have any thoughts on how Cuse matches up having seen both teams. Demaio as you noted is a major concern along with Weishaar.

I agree, keep DeMaio in check and their offense will likely stahl. Put Dwan on him and that should slow him down a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom