2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Are the Ivy League schools or I mean collectives allowed to pay NIL to their athletes? It's not a scholarship or money directly from the school so can't they?

Just imagine if the end game of NIL is that the Ivy League schools due to having the richest alumni of all colleges become the kings of college sports!!
Harvard has 188 alumni billionaires. A million each year from each and they would be the best in all sports. Good luck fielding a team in any sport that academically qualifies, though.

wtf GIF by Steve Harvey TV

I consider myself a fairly big college basketball fan. I follow 3 teams very closely SU, UC, OU (my alma mater). My wife of almost 30 years understands that come Championship week the Hofstra v Monmouth game I'm watching means something. Never heard of this guy. I likely noticed him watching Utah St in the tournament but I certainly don't remember him. With a name like "Great" you'd think I would. Nice stats and kudos to him to go from Montana St to Utah St to UW and a supposed $2 Million!? I guess you gotta spend big to avoid becoming the first team in history to come in 18th place in the Big 10.

NY kid... I doubt he would leave BYU to be a bench player here. He would be a phenomenal fit. 6'11" with a pretty interesting skill set.

OK, maybe I'm missing something but I thought the portal was closed for new entries.

This guy would check a lot of boxes for Cuse. Perhaps he’d like to play close to home for his last year?
He kind of reminds me of Grant Nelson from Alabama last year. We'd be his 4th school (Niagra, Detroit Mercy, BYU). He'd be a nice pickup. Hopefully we can offer him more $ than the PT is worth the Bonnies can offer him if he wants to come home.

Being reported that Great Osobor is getting 2million in NIL from Washington this upcoming season. Wow wow wow