Class of 2026 - CB/WR Demetres Samuel (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/30/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 CB/WR Demetres Samuel (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/30/24)

Stay true to Cuse Orange​

IMG_6557.jpeg

@coach_meat ??!!! LOL.

That's literally the most meatheaded tagline ever.
Ha. "Meat" must be derived from Demetrice. Looks like Demetrice Martin is the MSU cornerback coach and he was previously the Oregon CB coach. Also appears he was the Pac 12 recruiter of the year 2023.

Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

We all knew this one was going to be a challenge to hold on to given all the UF, FSU, Miami, UCF supporters around here. Given this recent statement, I’d say its not if, but when will he flip.

Sorry to be the bearer of not great news. HCFB is different, maybe there’s a chance, I just won’t get too invested in this kid Until he signs.

Florange44

Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

We all knew this one was going to be a challenge to hold on to given all the UF, FSU, Miami, UCF supporters around here. Given this recent statement, I’d say its not if, but when will he flip.

Sorry to be the bearer of not great news. HCFB is different, maybe there’s a chance, I just won’t get too invested in this kid Until he signs.

Florange44
He could've committed to any of the other schools he had an offer to, though. We have his commitment, which gives us a leg up.

It really doesn't matter. As our recruiting gets better, our guys will get hunted more. People thought recruiting was a roller coaster up to this point? Just watch. If Fran continues recruiting with his staff like he is, you can expect all the schools to come and try and poach. It comes with getting talent. It's a good problem to have. Bring it on!
Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

The player can make the commitment, but can he keep the commitment?

is the SU bag going to be big enough?
By then, with all this excitement and our Alumni coming in and helping, I would say probably. Go Orange

Even not knowing how it will play out in the future - it’s still cool as f$&@ to see things like this for now
It's pretty impressive. And it does spark dialogue and interest from casual fans. This sort of stuff is getting noticed -- and not only by fans. Younger college football fans and recruits take note. Its frankly absurd to see and everything needs to step up.

It's pretty impressive. And it does spark dialogue and interest from casual fans. This sort of stuff is getting noticed -- and not only by fans. Younger college football fans and recruits take note. Its frankly absurd to see and everything needs to step up.

It’s amazing the level of palatable excitement and we haven’t even destroyed our first opponent yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom