Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

It ends when the market decides his value and you either say yes or no. They decided it was too much. That's fine. But the end result is what it is.

That's not what happened here.

The staff did NOT decide "...it was too much."

They told him to kick rocks after his father reneged on not one, but TWO deals he'd negotiated / agreed to with the coaching staff.

yeah good post...I was thinking maybe after the combine might be a good time to strike. at this point, anyway

thing that worries me is part the "family" culture that JB built and the legacy of that...i.e. red being too loyal to current players instead of going with obvious upgrades in the portal, when available.

im not saying evans is better than JJ...i truly dont know

but what i do know is I am 100% against this narrative that players sign with teams or that coaches pick players for their rosters with pre-decided roles in mind

maybe that is indeed how the SU coaches do it

but Im pretty sure thats not how a school like Duke or UNC does it

when a 5 star player commits to duke he knows he isnt guaranteed playing time and theres a chance he will be stuck on the bench and maybe not even in the rotation...but they still sign up to go there!!!

pretty sure whn brown just defected to duke...he wasnt promised starters minutes

syracuse used to be like that too!!!

just get as much talent as you can and let the chips fall...don't decline players because you "dont have a starters role for them"...esp in this era of zero loyalty from players

maybe the portal players are better than the current player on the roster

if no player will accept a bench role then fine...but I refuse to beleive that

this manner of not watning players because you dont have a role for them is bogus...

its too polite, imo

supposed to be a competition not a family bbq
Agree with most points. Time will tell if Autry is making the right moves.

So all I’m trying to think about is what Autry is thinking about and hoping he’s right.

What I don’t agree with is reading too much into the past one off things in the portal or the squad assuming it will happen again. Even now more comments about what if with Jesse and why it went down the way it did. Reality is we will never have a scenario happen again like it did with Jesse. Same with Kadary and how that all went down.

Great post.
While true, we all know that all schools operate in that manner and there are a finite number of tourney spots. This increases the pressure on coaches. It also can lead to treating kids like NBA players. Imagine fans directly paying Knick players salaries. How rabid will disappointed fans get.

the point is that it wouldn't end at the last number. WVU would always come up with a new number.
agreed, and after 4 years one would think that a current player might negotiate in good faith as opposed to a public auction. There's different ways to look at it but he and/ or his Dad were interested in squeezing every last nickel out of his last year and that's fine in theory but it isn't always the best look when negotiating with a coach and team where you played for 4 years. Just my 2 cents.

I think we will still add. Just that they really liike their team. And Jake is right. They really like Carlos.

If Westry is healthy, then that's probably enough talent at guard.
I feel like our biggest need is a 4th forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom