Class of 2019 - QB Michael Johnson Jr (OR) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/9/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr (OR) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/9/24)

Yeah that ain’t it. Most likely back up qb.. games 1-4 or 5, CDRW. Games 6-12 the rook. People just have to get their mind around it.

PWO? Seriously? What are we doing here? CDRW isn’t buffalo bills Nathan peterman vs chargers here. He’s a back up QB, warts and all but he’s not completely incompetent. Good lord.

If McCord gets hurt your a .500 ball club from that point forward just have to deal with it
Miller, at least, was brought on with some assurances he could earn not only a scholarship, but could earn a chance to start in future seasons. I wouldn't put my money there, but to act as if Fran was either lying to the kid or completely incompetent thinking that was remotely possible is pretty astounding arrogance. Brown has seen CDRW not through the spring, and has made it clear he has beaten every bush to try to find a QB2. That's not a ringing endorcement. Maybe CDRW gets first crack, but if Fran doesn't like the results he'll have a short leash. And with limited options after McCord, whoever looks better will play.

party GIF

Our backup QB in 2018 won us 2 games that year.
FSU & UNC.

Tommy's overall Cuse career may not have worked out how any of us woulda liked,
(his Dad in particular)
but - dude balled out for us in relief of Dungey in both of those W's.
I had to leave the UNC game early to attend a school event for my daughter. I remember it was a beautiful fall day, and as I was walking away from the Dome, I kept hearing eruptions of cheers, and I knew I was missing something pretty big.

Yeah that ain’t it. Most likely back up qb.. games 1-4 or 5, CDRW. Games 6-12 the rook. People just have to get their mind around it.

PWO? Seriously? What are we doing here? CDRW isn’t buffalo bills Nathan peterman vs chargers here. He’s a back up QB, warts and all but he’s not completely incompetent. Good lord.

If McCord gets hurt your a .500 ball club from that point forward just have to deal with it
Someone has to explain to me the length of Peterman's NFL career.

I almost wonder if our plan at QB2 is a situational "QB by committee" type arrangement should something happen to McCord. If McCord is banged up for just the 2nd half of a game we have in hand, maybe Johnson finishes out the game as an option running QB. If it's a tougher game we are behind, maybe Williams or even one of the PWO guys who look good throwing the ball steps in and we take our chances on our receivers making plays.

I know Fran understands SU football history.

Do you think he remembers Doug Womack?

I almost wonder if our plan at QB2 is a situational "QB by committee" type arrangement should something happen to McCord. If McCord is banged up for just the 2nd half of a game we have in hand, maybe Johnson finishes out the game as an option running QB. If it's a tougher game we are behind, maybe Williams or even one of the PWO guys who look good throwing the ball steps in and we take our chances on our receivers making plays.
If Johnson truly schemed up the Villari Victory offense demo’d against Pitt, he can co-create something if #6 goes down. Better OL, stronger WRs and a one-year better LeQuint gives more options.

Not super worried.

If Johnson truly schemed up the Villari Victory offense demo’d against Pitt, he can co-create something if #6 goes down. Better OL, stronger WRs and a one-year better LeQuint gives more options.

Not super worried.

I agree and the running game overall should be improved though losing Shrader as an option does sting but CDRW can run pretty well. Also...CDRW by having a better running game will have more time to pass and time to make better decisions.

Plus, if McCord gets hurt later in the year Jaquari will have some practice under his belt and the staff will know what he can or can't do in certain situations.

Johnson sounds like an interesting option and hopefully he's recovered from his injuries and can finally show what he is capable of doing at QB.

6'3, 210 with speed. Move him around the field, RB, slot, out wide, and a threat to throw an option pass. I like this a ton.
I think we all first need to see him throw a pass to see if it's even an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom