‘Say Yes Day’ set for Saturday at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

‘Say Yes Day’ set for Saturday at the Dome

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
But I don't see anything that says say yes to trying to contend with Kentucky for the attendance crown. In the meantime Wildcat Blue Nation is rejoicing.:mad:

I can't understand why we didn't put up a concerted effort to try to wrestle it away from them. Were we afraid of losing?

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against helping out the more than 20,000 students in the Syracuse City School Districts. It's just that I would have liked to see a way of getting them into the Carrier Dome on Saturday.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/2/29/MBB_0229121441.aspx

I can't understand why we didn't put up a concerted effort to try to wrestle it away from them. Were we afraid of losing?
It's way too late. The only way to get there would be to have effective promotions for normally poorly-attendee games.

To reclaim the title, most games would need to hit 25,000. If there are 4 games with 30,000 then there's only room for 4 games with an attendance of 20,000.

I guess the administration would argue that all of the games are promoted, they are in the business of selling tickets to the games. But obviously, the University didn't see the Attendance crown as all that important as once it was apparent that it was within our grasp, but we were likely to fall short, they didn't really do anything to try to grab the ring.

But I don't see anything that says say yes to trying to contend with Kentucky for the attendance crown. In the meantime Wildcat Blue Nation is rejoicing.:mad:

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against helping out the more than 20,000 students in the Syracuse City School Districts. It's just that I would have liked to see a way of getting them into the Carrier Dome on Saturday.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/2/29/MBB_0229121441.aspx
Actually, we really have won the contest already when attendance numbers are multiplied by the mean IQ of the attendees.

when it comes down to the fact we needed only 1k more at any of the poorly attended games it shows they really didnt care to take back the title.. simply promoting the USF game during a vacation week with cheaper tickets and stating the goal of being number one would have easily done it..

buy you have to actually have a marketing department .. i dont care if they never did a promotion but they need to promote the games, i would have been emailing the heck out of the fact we were close to taking back the title. i would have gotten on the free evening news every week with updates, free promotional stuff would have been enough

That Say Yes promotion killed what little atmosphere there was at the Villanova game last year. Hate that they do these non-basketball things during games (especially important games).

when it comes down to the fact we needed only 1k more at any of the poorly attended games it shows they really didnt care to take back the title.. simply promoting the USF game during a vacation week with cheaper tickets and stating the goal of being number one would have easily done it..

buy you have to actually have a marketing department .. i dont care if they never did a promotion but they need to promote the games, i would have been emailing the heck out of the fact we were close to taking back the title. i would have gotten on the free evening news every week with updates, free promotional stuff would have been enough

They weren't going to draw much better than they did for USF. The announced attendance figure was one of the ten best for a weeknight game in the last 20 years.

Could've picked up bigger crowds for a lot of other games, though, and I agree that the athletic department could do a better job of making that happen.

that was the point. it drew a good crowd and they did nothing, it had a decent team coming in on a fan friendly night, they didnt offer any solid ticket deals and they didnt promote the fact Su was trying to take back the attendance title. it was the perfect time for a promotion to get a big crowd and they still had 3-5k of decent tickets left to sell..

I attempted to have my own personal Say Yes Day with many a young lady in my youth. Unfortunately for me, the girls were far more interested in the Just Say No campaign.

I say yes quite often at the dome. "Another beer?" "Yes".

Me too. My old seats were 13 steps from the concession stand. I'll have to calibrate the new ones on Friday night, but it will be further. But the new ones are a lot closer to the 44 Club, so that might be a good trade off.