1 coach 2 probations | Syracusefan.com

1 coach 2 probations

Cuse4ever

Walk On
if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?

That's about what I thought the first response would be. 1 National Title in nearly 40 years and 2 probations (most likely) and he determines when & how to leave. Don't get it the mindset. :crazy:

Yea.. I hear you. That one national championship was all he did for us... Get him outa here.

:bat::bang::bang::noidea:

Yea.. I hear you. That one national championship was all he did for us... Get him outa here.

:bat::bang::bang::noidea:
So he has the right to run a loose program because he's been a good coach on the court & won a lot of games? A great coach controls every facet of the program not just winning games. That weather up in Alaska must have froze your brain.

That's about what I thought the first response would be. 1 National Title in nearly 40 years and 2 probations (most likely) and he determines when & how to leave. I don't get that mindset as a fan of the program. :crazy:

It's not just the almost 40 years, all the wins/moments, the 2003 National Championship. As CTO said and it's the absolute truth, Jim Boeheim is Syracuse, Syracuse University, and the Community.

to build a program at SU in this town is nothing short of a miracle. I am ready for Hop to takeover but JB has earned the right to leave when he wants.
disagree - he was given a second chance after the first NCAA probation because of his hard work and results. Strike 2 and he should step aside after the season.

It's not just the almost 40 years, all the wins/moments, the 2003 National Championship. As CTO said and it's the absolute truth, Jim Boeheim is Syracuse, Syracuse University, and the Community.
Jim Boeheim is also a bullseye for the NCAA Infractions Committee.

Don't gloat about those wins just yet. Might be some subtracting in the very near future.

I think you got off one stop early, this is SyracuseFan.com. Not Syracuse.com

OP is also the same, who said Kaleb Joseph is gonna be a bust and is not ready to run a team. Off the scrimmage at Orange Madness.

man we seem to be getting a lot of syracuse.com refugees
Nope. Just a fan of the program and not a head in the sand member of the Jim Boeheim can do no wrong club.

if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?

Who's "we?"

I'm not convinced that the sky is falling, just because of some unfavorable press. Let's see how it plays out before wringing our hands.

Scary when fans think it's basketball coach is bigger than the program, university or anything else in the town. He's a very good coach but this saint hood you guys anoint him with is borderline sick considering he's gonna be slapped again by the NCAA. Wear your I Love Jimmy t-shirts while watching the NCAA Tounament minus Syracuse next season.

We've got ourselves quite a little hoedown tonight.
a1wyl0YQrCGm4.gif

Scary when fans think it's basketball coach is bigger than the program, university or anything else in the town. He's a very good coach but this saint hood you guys anoint him with is borderline sick considering he's gonna be slapped again by the NCAA. Wear your I Love Jimmy t-shirts while watching the NCAA Tounament minus Syracuse next season.
yep, you sound like a died in the wool syracuse fan. Oh, by the way, you won't be here long. Enjoy yourself.

How can he be bigger than the program when he is the program. I don't think it matters what they find, there is no way it is bigger than what happened at UNC and that was under three coaches including Dean Smith. I think most people are expecting some hand slapping and possibly a minor penalty but we are talking ancient history. This athletic tutor they dug up worked during the Paul Pasqualoni era. Maybe they can find some fault with Ben Schwartzwalder as well. Nothing for anyone to get their leotards in a tizzy.

How can he be bigger than the program when he is the program. I don't think it matters what they find, there is no way it is bigger than what happened at UNC and that was under three coaches including Dean Smith. I think most people are expecting some hand slapping and possibly a minor penalty but we are talking ancient history. This athletic tutor they dug up worked during the Paul Pasqualoni era. Maybe they can find some fault with Ben Schwartzwalder as well. Nothing for anyone to get their leotards in a tizzy.

I get your point but your paragraph is very contradictory. You said the UNC stuff happened under three coaches but then you said our stuff is "ancient history" and that it goes back to Pasqualoni.

If Boeheim is the program - what happens when he retires? We all just stop going to the games? The program is the University & it's fans. JB was just the architect. Doesn't obsolve him from breaking rules that get the university sanctioned for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom