1 coach 2 probations | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

1 coach 2 probations

Jim Boeheim is also a bullseye for the NCAA Infractions Committee.

All the more reason we as fans should get behind him, because most of the stuff that has ever been leveled at SU is penny ante b.s.

No, it appears that the UNC issue continued from coach to coach to coach and was still occuring. In Syracuse's case nothing has come out so far that anything that might have happened in football in the past has continued through Marrone and Shafer. Just an observation for what it is worth.

Not to mention anything that happened on Paul Pasqualoni's watch really shouldn't be used in the rush to push JB out the door or did I miss a memo on chain of command up on the hill.

I'm a lifelong fan just like you. I just don't blindly follow & defend our coach when he leads the program into situations like this again.

Then show a little loyalty. You don't even know that the basketball program is guilty of committing an infraction, much less what it might be accused of. If JB has led the program into serious infractions and there is a serious punishment meted out, then this discussion might be appropriate. Until that occurs, why would you turn on the guy who has built the program and shown SU and the community a tremendous amount of loyalty.

You are the like the fan that assumes we can't win a game because the other team is more highly ranked or may have a better lineup on paper. Let it play out.

Last edited:
OP was foolish for jumping to conclusions before really any relevant info has come out.

But the replies in this thread are hilarious and a bit concerning. Guarantee people here would be defending JB if he was in Joe Pa's situation.

Many on this board would jump off the gorges in Ithaca into a pile of rock if JB told them to, because how many wins do YOU have :)

JB is a hall of fame basketball mind. Love the man and everything he has done for this program and it'll be a sad day when he finally does step down. But I cannot stand when people start acting so defensive (not referring to this thread, but in general throughout the season), anytime JB's actions/inactions are brought up on an INTERNET FORUM. Everyone makes mistakes, and when you are a celebrity or in a position of power, especially tied to the enjoyment of others, it's magnified much more, and criticism is part of the game. Again, internet message board.

if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?

I just got to this thread, and am disappointed I missed your nonsense until now. Once thing that I find pathetic is when someone, who I doubt has ever met Jim Boeheim, calls him "Jimmy."

"We all love coach..." is such an obvious b****** sentiment coming from the rest of your posts in this s***stain of a thread you created.

That's about what I thought the first response would be. 1 National Title in nearly 40 years and 2 probations (most likely) and he determines when & how to leave. I don't get that mindset as a fan of the program. :crazy:
Really , 40 years and not one bad team. I don't understand people like you.

OP was foolish for jumping to conclusions before really any relevant info has come out.

But the replies in this thread are hilarious and a bit concerning. Guarantee people here would be defending JB if he was in Joe Pa's situation.

You should go back and read some of the posts when the Fine situation broke. You might be surprised at the number of people who said the program should be shut down for a year or two if we found out that there was even a hint of what happened at PSU. Also lots of people called for JB to be fired.

Asking a legitimate question to Boeheim or his cronies gets the same type of response seen from JoePa & Penn St. fans :crazy:

Delusional fans are the same everywhere I guesscouchburn

Yeah, not giving a s*** about some NCAA violations (which aren't even immoral much less illegal in the real world outside of the fascist nightmare that is the NCAA) is the EXACT SAME THING as Penn State.

if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?
if it is so bad that JB has to be pushed out, then they probably won't be able to hand it over to his top assistant, either. Replacement would have to come from outside the program, I would imagine.

Or, how about a sure-thing bet for the Kentucky Derby next May.

I'd really like to know the Derby winner next year. I can go and enjoy the race, knowing I've got the big ticket winner!

tumblr_mgbushPqdJ1rwg9fdo1_500_zps2f290c74.gif

So he has the right to run a loose program because he's been a good coach on the court & won a lot of games? A great coach controls every facet of the program not just winning games. That weather up in Alaska must have froze your brain.

Hey now, my brain was froze/fried way before I came to Alaska.

I'm just saying. 1. we really have no clue what happened yet. 2. Every school has issues like this.. 2 investigations in 40 years.. I can live with that.

if it is so bad that JB has to be pushed out, then they probably won't be able to hand it over to his top assistant, either. Replacement would have to come from outside the program, I would imagine.
Maybe Cuse4ever will take over since he knows how to keep the program out of apparent trouble. :)

Hey now, my brain was froze/fried way before I came to Alaska.

I'm just saying. 1. we really have no clue what happened yet. 2. Every school has issues like this.. 2 investigations in 40 years.. I can live with that.

Oh sure, get all freaking reasonable on us. What could you possibly be trying to accomplish with that kind of BS?

;)

The NCAA is much harder on the coaches now and not the institution. If they found the JB knowingly cheated they may indeed force him out. It's possible that could happen much like it did with Tressel at OSU so be prepared.

aka, "divide and conquer."

You guys crucifying OP will have a bunch of crow to eat should the NCAA hearing result in harsh penalties.

I don't know why everyone can't just keep their traps shut and wait it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom