2. Sean Lewis Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks

3. Mike Lynch Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line

4. Kim McCloud Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers

5. Tom Kaufman Special Teams Coordinator/Linebackers

6. Reno Ferri Tight Ends

7. Mike Hart Running Backs

8. Nick Monroe Secondary

9. Vinson Reynolds Defensive Line

If #10 is added on offense, I’d remove the co-coordinator designations and promote one to full-time coordinator (give the other a meaningless AHC title for consolation if needed). Then bring in one more to have dedicated QB and Line coaches.

If #10 is added on defense, I’d split the secondary into Cornerback and Safety coaches. I’d prefer that one of these is also the Special Teams coach instead of the LB coach, as they should be able to cover for each other when the coach is working with specials.

I think the second option of adding a 5th coach on the D-side has the most benefit. However, didn't Dino use multiple WR coaches in the past? Inside/outside or something like that?

I think it's pretty common for the OC to also be the QB coach. I can't see Dino messing with his offensive coaches and neither would be happy to lose that OC title, it's what they were at BG. If it aint broke dont fix it.

He did have inside / outside WR at BG, Andrew Sowder. I believe Reno could do that combining TEs. (I thought he might hire the former Baylor kid back, but it looks like Sowder was just named San Jose State OC.)

Id hire an ACE recruiter and put him on defense.

I'm not sure of the recruiting responsibilities, but someone with Mid-Atlantic east coast ties would be nice. Make his territory NJ down to VA. Could we get the guy back we had who was here for a minute before going to UMD?!

I'm not sure of the recruiting responsibilities, but someone with Mid-Atlantic east coast ties would be nice. Make his territory NJ down to VA. Could we get the guy back we had who was here for a minute before going to UMD?!
Beatty? I wouldn't want him back after the way he left.

Beatty? I wouldn't want him back after the way he left.

He used to play in the NFL.

5257656_f520.jpg

As I mentioned in the coaching carousel thread, Chris White was dropped by Iowa. I'd like to have him back here. Either him or Nick Saban.
I'm not sure either would want to join the cult.

Here’s the current staff and responsibilities:

1. Brian Ward Defensive Coordinator

6. Reno Ferri Tight Ends

8. Nick Monroe Secondary

If #10 is added on offense, I’d remove the co-coordinator designations and promote one to full-time coordinator (give the other a meaningless AHC title for consolation if needed). Then bring in one more to have dedicated QB and Line coaches.

If #10 is added on defense, I’d split the secondary into Cornerback and Safety coaches. I’d prefer that one of these is also the Special Teams coach instead of the LB coach, as they should be able to cover for each other when the coach is working with specials.

I think the second option of adding a 5th coach on the D-side has the most benefit. However, didn't Dino use multiple WR coaches in the past? Inside/outside or something like that?

any idea what we are paying them?

Here’s the current staff and responsibilities:

1. Brian Ward Defensive Coordinator

6. Reno Ferri Tight Ends

8. Nick Monroe Secondary

Thanks for the breakdown. Our specials were very good last year. Would like to see a 100% dedicated Oline coach. Lynch has alot on his plate as also, the co-offensive coordinator. Oline is so vital.

The co-offensive coordinators are not going anywhere it's a stable in the Baylor offense. Lewis runs the passing game and QB's and Lynch runs the running game and OL works out really well for this type offense no reason to try to change it.
We need defense help and someone that can recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom