111 Victories Reinstated for Ped | Syracusefan.com

111 Victories Reinstated for Ped

sacuse

Walk On
I don't know what to say about the NCAA as an organization...

So for those of you keeping score... 10 boys sexually abused

• Five years probation.
  • four-year postseason ban. (LIFTED 2 YEARS EARLY)
  • Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011–112 wins in all. (ALL PATERNO WINS RESTORED)
  • $60 million fine
  • Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017 (SOME SCHOLARSHIPS RETURNED)

In other words, all the teeth from these sanctions have been removed.
That my friends.....is some bullshiat.

They have officially lost all authority to punish anyone with anything. Any time a decision comes down from the NCAA, each institution can say that Penn State football got away with child rape for years. Did any one of us do any worse?

What exactly does the NCAA do?

If the P5 conferences say FU to them and just leave, what are the repercussions? Who would make that decision?

I ask because Ive heard people say conferences should abandon the NCAA but I dont understand the logistics behind how it would be possible.

And with that... child molestation's statute of attention has ended.

Moving onto our next tragedy to put attention to. It's like the causeheads from PCU.

4989040_std.jpg

What exactly does the NCAA do?

If the P5 conferences say FU to them and just leave, what are the repercussions? Who would make that decision?

I ask because Ive heard people say conferences should abandon the NCAA but I dont understand the logistics behind how it would be possible.

Simply stated, they won't. They have been granted their autonomy from the rest of D1, where they have some additional ability to set some new rules that give them the ability to give more to their athletes under the current NCAA structure. This they hope will be enough to appease all the court cases out there against them. If the courts rule that the athletes deserve more, they'll have the flexibility to do so.

The P5 really has no reason to leave the NCAA. If they do, then they'd have to come up with their own new governing body to regulate their sports, organize tournaments, etc. Just another headache that they don't really want. Right now, the P5 schools can blame all the bad stuff on the NCAA and let them take the PR hits.

So for those of you keeping score... 10 boys s e xually abused

• Five years probation.
  • four-year postseason ban. (LIFTED 2 YEARS EARLY)
  • Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011–112 wins in all. (ALL PATERNO WINS RESTORED)
  • $60 million fine
  • Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017 (SOME ALL SCHOLARSHIPS RETURNED)
In other words, all the teeth from these sanctions have been removed.
That my friends...is some bullshiat.
Fixed Oh Lord

There are still a ton of Penn St supporters as indicated by the comments to Sportscenter's facebook comment about this.

I stopped following the case awhile ago, but was there ever officially a conclusion whether or not Paterno knew what was happening? Ive heard Mc(query?)'s story changed a lot.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/16/joe-paterno-penn-state-wins-restored

The reaction of Paterno's family is sickening, IMO.

Just shows that they--and the rest of the JoeBots--don't get it, and never have. The lessons taught to us by the NCAA, in terms of how they've handled PSU:

• The NCAA has no problem bending the rules, and horning in on criminal matters--even when such matters are completely out of their jurisdiction

• The NCAA flagrantly and willingly oversteps their bounds in terms of enforcement [see: their emails around the time that they dropped the hammer on PSU]

• Child rape isn't serious enough to warrant harsh penalties that stick

• PSU's culture of enabling child rape is vindicated, since every single penalty has been reversed [they had a one-year bowl ban--BFD], and several penalties were removed early by the NCAA to help them recover
Reprehensible enablement on the part of the NCAA. I loathe both institutions.

Last edited:
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/16/joe-paterno-penn-state-wins-restored

The reaction of Paterno's family is sickening, IMO.

Just shows that they--and the rest of the JoeBots--don't get it, and never have. The lessons taught to us by the NCAA, in terms of how they've handled PSU:

• The NCAA has no problem bending the rules, and horning in on criminal matters--even when such matters are completely out of their jurisdiction

• The NCAA flagrantly and willingly oversteps their bounds in terms of enforcement [see: their emails around the time that they dropped the hammer on PSU]

• Child rape isn't serious enough to warrant harsh penalties that stick

• PSU's culture of enabling child rape is vindicated, since every single penalty has been reversed [they had a one-year bowl ban--BFD], and several penalties were removed early by the NCAA to help them recover
I loathe both institutions.

I should have taken your word for it and not read their comments. Now I'm all enraged again just thinking about it.

So the NCAA takes 111 wins away from JAB and gives them to The Great Enabler?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom