12/14 visit weekend | Syracusefan.com

12/14 visit weekend

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I can’t imagine in any way shape or form we wouldn’t have visitors this weekend.

Campus is probably pretty quiet, no home (technically) basketball game, though I'm sure some guys will be up at some point.

I can’t imagine in any way shape or form we wouldn’t have visitors this weekend.

Maybe I'm wrong but I would think the staff will be concentrating on in-homes, game planning for the bowl, getting practices in and getting the players ready for finals. After the Dead period I believe that they have 8 kids, if you include Tindal, that they are recruiting that will visit and there are already 14 (?) commits...not counting Cordell and Jaboree hopefully by the end of the weekend making 16.

Maybe I'm wrong but I would think the staff will be concentrating on in-homes, game planning for the bowl, getting practices in and getting the players ready for finals. After the Dead period I believe that they have 8 kids, if you include Tindal, that they are recruiting that will visit and there are already 14 (?) commits...not counting Cordell and Jaboree hopefully by the end of the weekend making 16.

That’s risky. There’s only so many official visit weekends. The staff can also have prospects view bowl practices which is a plus. This is quite common and I’d bet you’d be hard press to find any other school not hosting visitors this weekend.

I’ve never personally known Cuse to blank a visit weekend in December ever.

Keep in mind to we have a bunch of committed kids that still need to take their official visits to.

That’s risky. There’s only so many official visit weekends. The staff can also have prospects view bowl practices which is a plus. This is quite common and I’d bet you’d be hard press to find any other school not hosting visitors this weekend.

Keep in mind to we have a bunch of committed kids that still need to take their official visits to.
Would not be surprised if they brought in a couple of JUCO kids from the Midwest or the West. This is the time of year they tend to pop up out of nowhere.

If they don't, I think it is a good sign the staff is happy with the players they have and the depth currently in place.

Were not Alabama, Syracuse should never be turning down a weekend to host kids, as you noted blanking a visit weekend in December is nearly unheard of. Even if its only committed kids and Plan B guys we should be hosting recruits.

It's been awhile and I don't remember exactly but I think a school is allotted some 50+ paid official visits. I don't know what our budget is but it'd be somewhat crazy not to use as many as you can. And definitely you need to be hosting your 2nd tier guys we might need to dip in to that pool. Hopefully we don't.

Would not be surprised if they brought in a couple of JUCO kids from the Midwest or the West. This is the time of year they tend to pop up out of nowhere.

If they don't, I think it is a good sign the staff is happy with the players they have and the depth currently in place.

Yes good point and I have to say I haven't seen any jucos on the radar. Not seriously anyways.

Were not Alabama, Syracuse should never be turning down a weekend to host kids, as you noted blanking a visit weekend in December is nearly unheard of. Even if its only committed kids and Plan B guys we should be hosting recruits.
We've narrowed it down to where we only have 10-15 guys we'er still looking at. I'd rather have that last visit after the dead period.

looks like 1/17 and 1/31 are the 2 big OV weekends left.

This dead period really ruins the recruiting forum fun. This is usually the most entertaining time of the year

boooooo NCAA

Could look at the 2012 team (and how we were doing in HS recruiting) and see obvious needs at safety, OL depth, LB -- and staff brought in a lot of juco help.
Looking at this 2013 team (and the prospects for the Class), the depth is improved -- maybe a need for Juco help at safety and a big DT in addition to Williams. Need a #2 QB, but doubt Shafer looks for that help from Jucos.

Could look at the 2012 team (and how we were doing in HS recruiting) and see obvious needs at safety, OL depth, LB -- and staff brought in a lot of juco help.
Looking at this 2013 team (and the prospects for the Class), the depth is improved -- maybe a need for Juco help at safety and a big DT in addition to Williams. Need a #2 QB, but doubt Shafer looks for that help from Jucos.
#2 QB?

Hunt will be a junior and our two 2013 QB recruits red shirted. Not to mention we're bringing in two highly touted prospects in 2014. I'm far more worried about establishing a solid/consistent #1 QB than I am about who is #2 on the depth chart.

#2 QB?

Hunt will be a junior and our two 2013 QB recruits red shirted. Not to mention we're bringing in two highly touted prospects in 2014. I'm far more worried about establishing a solid/consistent #1 QB than I am about who is #2 on the depth chart.

not to mention if everything goes to plan next year we will have a solid have a handful of qb's we are very high on. Last thing we need is JC qb

I guess the coaches took this weekend off? Didn't hear about anyone on campus and didn't hear about any in home visits.

I guess the coaches took this weekend off? Didn't hear about anyone on campus and didn't hear about any in home visits.

Some of the prospects that are on the list for OVs after the Dead Period were on officials this weekend ..Slayton, Ward, Lawrence but the coaches were visiting the commits during the week.

there was some of the staff down in FLA watching the state championship games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom