1994 UW-Green Bay v. Syracuse 2nd round West regional game | Syracusefan.com

1994 UW-Green Bay v. Syracuse 2nd round West regional game

Alsacs

Living Legend

I love finding old games I don't remember at all. Dick Bennett coached UWGB I forgot about that. Man I miss the days of having two legit post players on offense 2010 was magical.

Also, this UWGB team along with Princeton introduced stall ball to NCAA hoops.

Alsacs said:
YouTube Video I love finding old games I don't remember at all. Dick Bennett coached UWGB I forgot about that. Man I miss the days of having two legit post players on offense 2010 was magical. Also, this UWGB team along with Princeton introduced stall ball to NCAA hoops.

Awesome!

I was at the game, was director of the Sour Sitrus Society that year, and 40 of us enjoyed 3 days in Provo, Utah for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I recall beating Hawaii and then a bunch of us going out to dinner. It was there we learned that Green Bay upset Jason Kidd's Cal team.

We were *psyched* since we were all sure that meant we were on to the sweet 16 in LA.

Good times.

How strange. Started watching it and noticed it took almost 6 minutes before they showed JB on the bench.

It brought back memories CBS's breaking games up regionally. More often than not I never saw Cuse play those games unless I went to a sports bar.

No swooshes.

The last year of our contract with Champion.

Two things I forgot, how great Adrian Autry was and how much more often JB used to pick his nose before he married Julie.

I believe this was the year when we lost to Missouri in the sweet 16. That is one of the more underrated games in Syracuse tourney lore..likely because we lost, but it was still great. The famed Autry seated bucket that SHOULD have counted.

I remember that game was sealed when Otis Hill took a charge and 64-59 because I remember numbers.

Edit: Yea, at 36 seconds left.

I really really really need to transfer my box of VHS tapes for youtube upload. I basically have every game from 1992 to 2004 on VHS.

Last edited:
It brought back memories CBS's breaking games up regionally. More often than not I never saw Cuse play those games unless I went to a sports bar.

At least you could get them. Without the names on the jerseys, I wouldn't have known who any of them were. :(

That cursive Syracuse script is more beautiful than the Mona Lisa and Grand Canyon combined.

Really the throwbacks from last year with the correct color shorts could be worn immediately. I wonder how much leeway the schools actually have to make decisions like that. I'm sure Nike has specific marketing goals for each type of jersey.

In other words, if the team wanted to wear the throwbacks as their home uni for every game next year, could they? If they hadn't coordinated it with Nike, then they would be left with their sweat shops producing the wrong jerseys for sale, etc.

Really the throwbacks from last year with the correct color shorts could be worn immediately. I wonder how much leeway the schools actually have to make decisions like that. I'm sure Nike has specific marketing goals for each type of jersey.

In other words, if the team wanted to wear the throwbacks as their home uni for every game next year, could they? If they hadn't coordinated it with Nike, then they would be left with their sweat shops producing the wrong jerseys for sale, etc.

One of Nike's long-term strategic corporate goals is to make us look as stupid as possible, as often as possible.

Yes, they can. Georgetown wore throwbacks in their first round game in the NCAA tournament and in the BE tournament. UConn has worn throwbacks in the NCAA tournament in the mid 200os. Michigan State has worn throwbacks as well.

I loved the orange tops we wore against BC last year the blue shorts made no sense though.

Yes, they can. Georgetown wore throwbacks in their first round game in the NCAA tournament and in the BE tournament. UConn has worn throwbacks in the NCAA tournament in the mid 200os. Michigan State has worn throwbacks as well.

I loved the orange tops we wore against BC last year the blue shorts made no sense though.

I know it has been done, but what I mean is who makes the decision. We wore those platinum jersey's for one game a couple years ago which was part of a specific Nike marketing effort. If we somehow decided we liked those, could the school have chosen to wear them for the NCAA Tourney that year? By doing so, the school is now departing from Nike's plan. Their plan no doubt includes having enough product on store shelves for the tournament. If Nike stocked all the stores with white SU jerseys and the team decides on their own to wear a different uniform, even though it is a Nike uniform, the wrong product would be in stores.

If the football team can't have the uniforms everybody loved from the 80's and 90's, the basketball team can't either.

Fair is fair. :rolleyes:

I know it has been done, but what I mean is who makes the decision. We wore those platinum jersey's for one game a couple years ago which was part of a specific Nike marketing effort. If we somehow decided we liked those, could the school have chosen to wear them for the NCAA Tourney that year? By doing so, the school is now departing from Nike's plan. Their plan no doubt includes having enough product on store shelves for the tournament. If Nike stocked all the stores with white SU jerseys and the team decides on their own to wear a different uniform, even though it is a Nike uniform, the wrong product would be in stores.
JB controls the SU BB if the kids wanted to wear throwbacks or alternate jerseys and JB was fine with it then SU would do it. Nike could have blue jerseys out in the stores and if JB wanted to wear orange we would wear orange. The problem is JB honestly doesn't care about this stuff like we do. I doubt he cares about the cursive script Syracuse jerseys or we wouldn't have changed.

Kids like the ambiance of wearing different stuff. I think that is why JB let Nike dress us up for game in platinum and one game in orange/blue the last few years.

We wore these against Notre Dame in 2004 and lol again lost in them against an Irish we had already beaten in South Bend that year.
upload_2015-3-26_11-25-7.jpeg

JB controls the SU BB if the kids wanted to wear throwbacks or alternate jerseys and JB was fine with it then SU would do it. Nike could have blue jerseys out in the stores and if JB wanted to wear orange we would wear orange. The problem is JB honestly doesn't care about this stuff like we do. I doubt he cares about the cursive script Syracuse jerseys or we wouldn't have changed.

Kids like the ambiance of wearing different stuff. I think that is why JB let Nike dress us up for game in platinum and one game in orange/blue the last few years.

We wore these against Notre Dame in 2004 and lol again lost in them against an Irish we had already beaten in South Bend that year.
View attachment 39223

I'll do you one better: Boeheim cares in that he's superstitious and would rather not wear wacky uniforms.

Understandable, since our record is atrocious: 0-2 in the blues, the Boston College debacle, a win despite a bad performance in grey against USF, and the 2004 Notre Dame loss in the coolest uniforms in history.

And that's a shame because, again, those 2004 throwbacks were the coolest uniforms in history. Too bad Chris Thomas's one win against us came when we rolled them out.

If not that style I like the modified 1995 thru 2004 look.
Home
images

Road
upload_2015-3-26_11-32-16.jpeg

I haven't liked our uniforms since 2005, but atleast we wear orange unlike the FB team.

I'll do you one better: Boeheim cares in that he's superstitious and would rather not wear wacky uniforms.

Understandable, since our record is atrocious: 0-2 in the blues, the Boston College debacle, a win despite a bad performance in grey against USF, and the 2004 Notre Dame loss in the coolest uniforms in history.

And that's a shame because, again, those 2004 throwbacks were the coolest uniforms in history. Too bad Chris Thomas's one win against us came when we rolled them out.
We should wear the throwbacks against Colgate or Cornell just to get a win in them and give JB confidence in them. I don't care for the blue uniforms we wore them in 1989 at Kentucky which was a tough place to win and played tough and at ND in 2007 which was a top 10 team as well.
BC loss last year just reeks we can't win in throwbacks that team sucked and we were 25-0.

I like these as an alternate:
large_flynnblueunnies.jpg

Road Uniform, I don't mind the recent ones:
syr-orange-1-620x930.jpg

I do think these are super sharp, but it is just assinine to wear the miss-matched shorts. All orange or all white would be amazing:
-e2ba3c730a868213.jpg

These are the worst we have ever had:
17272830-mmmain.jpg