1994 VT-Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

1994 VT-Syracuse

Wish I wasn't 1 when this happened.

" A Sell Out Crowd"

I noticed that too. Some claim we have never sold out, or not since the Miami(Oh) Dome opener or something.

Always completely confusing to me when I hear that. The Dome was jam packed throughout the 90's.

There were only 47k at that game. we had 48+ at 3 other games that year

Great game. TWCS showed the entire SUper Sports broadcast a couple of years ago.

It was parents weekend. I remember being orphaned into the upper deck end zone, but had a great view of both Dar Dar and Thomas' long TD runs. Great win as VT had so quickly arrived in the college football scene starting in 1993.

That was a weird season. We committed to getting back to the run after 1993 derailed. It was going well at the point of this season, but by the last 4 games, almost nothing went right on offense. That season was by far my least favorite trip to Chestnut Hill.

1994 Was A Tough Season.

The Loss To Oklahoma Was Devastating.

And I Think W Were Maybe 6-1 At One Point Only To Finish Badly?

1994 Was A Tough Season.

I may be wrong but I believe that SU was the first team to get called for that new celebration penalty in college football history. God that sucked.

1994 Was A Tough Season.

You are correct, 6-1 heading into the Miami game and finished 1-3 missing bowl eligibility

You are correct, 6-1 heading into the Miami game and finished 1-3 missing bowl eligibility

They were bowl eligible just not selected due to the end of year losing streak and getting crushed while losing those games. Plus, I don't think SU was attractive fan wise thus not a lot of tickets would have been sold.

My story from that game:

I was a freshman that year. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it was Parents Weekend. The night before, I went out to Chuck's and drank more beer than I had ever drunk in one day in my life. I am not sure that I've had that much beer in one sitting since. I think I had 12 beers, which may not sound like a lot to others, but for me it was a lot, especially since I was just 18 and only had a few beers before I got to college. And it was the Beast, so you know it went down harshly.

When I got back to my dorm floor (Brewster 7) a bunch of guys were congregated in the common area. Since I do not have any personal recollection of what happened after that point, I was told the following events happened:

I passed out in the common area. A security guard, who was making his nightly rounds, comes by and wakes me up and tells me that I can't sleep there; I had to go to my room to sleep. I said ok but passed out again. The security guard woke me up again and I took a swing at him. He told one of my floormates that if I did not go to my room immediately, he would have me arrested. So somebody took me to my room and put me in my bed.

I had to be up early the next morning, because my folks were picking me up to go to breakfast at Cosmo's and then on to the game at the Dome. By pure luck, before I went out the previous night, I had the good sense to set my alarm. I woke up at about 8am in my clothes from the night before, with the worst hangover ever. I think I barely made it to the bathroom in time to puke. But then I had to get dressed quickly to meet my parents and little brother to go to breakfast. I ate my breakfast thinking that each bite was going to make me puke again.

Then, on to the Dome. It was a great game. I think.

Frozen said:
My story from that game: I was a freshman that year. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it was Parents Weekend. The night before, I went out to Chuck's and drank more beer than I had ever drunk in one day in my life. I am not sure that I've had that much beer in one sitting since. I think I had 12 beers, which may not sound like a lot to others, but for me it was a lot, especially since I was just 18 and only had a few beers before I got to college. And it was the Beast, so you know it went down harshly. When I got back to my dorm floor (Brewster 7) a bunch of guys were congregated in the common area. Since I do not have any personal recollection of what happened after that point, I was told the following events happened: I passed out in the common area. A security guard, who was making his nightly rounds, comes by and wakes me up and tells me that I can't sleep there; I had to go to my room to sleep. I said ok but passed out again. The security guard woke me up again and I took a swing at him. He told one of my floormates that if I did not go to my room immediately, he would have me arrested. So somebody took me to my room and put me in my bed. I had to be up early the next morning, because my folks were picking me up to go to breakfast at Cosmo's and then on to the game at the Dome. By pure luck, before I went out the previous night, I had the good sense to set my alarm. I woke up at about 8am in my clothes from the night before, with the worst hangover ever. I think I barely made it to the bathroom in time to puke. But then I had to get dressed quickly to meet my parents and little brother to go to breakfast. I ate my breakfast thinking that each bite was going to make me puke again. Then, on to the Dome. It was a great game. I think.

Lightweight

My story from that game:

I was a freshman that year. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it was Parents Weekend. The night before, I went out to Chuck's and drank more beer than I had ever drunk in one day in my life. I am not sure that I've had that much beer in one sitting since. I think I had 12 beers, which may not sound like a lot to others, but for me it was a lot, especially since I was just 18 and only had a few beers before I got to college. And it was the Beast, so you know it went down harshly.

When I got back to my dorm floor (Brewster 7) a bunch of guys were congregated in the common area. Since I do not have any personal recollection of what happened after that point, I was told the following events happened:

I passed out in the common area. A security guard, who was making his nightly rounds, comes by and wakes me up and tells me that I can't sleep there; I had to go to my room to sleep. I said ok but passed out again. The security guard woke me up again and I took a swing at him. He told one of my floormates that if I did not go to my room immediately, he would have me arrested. So somebody took me to my room and put me in my bed.

I had to be up early the next morning, because my folks were picking me up to go to breakfast at Cosmo's and then on to the game at the Dome. By pure luck, before I went out the previous night, I had the good sense to set my alarm. I woke up at about 8am in my clothes from the night before, with the worst hangover ever. I think I barely made it to the bathroom in time to puke. But then I had to get dressed quickly to meet my parents and little brother to go to breakfast. I ate my breakfast thinking that each bite was going to make me puke again.

Then, on to the Dome. It was a great game. I think.
This made me relive my college years - all in one story. Thanks! Hope you've sobered up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom