1st commit from Shafer era- | Syracusefan.com

1st commit from Shafer era-

Don

2nd String
Comes from Shafer himself. with all the new recruiters just hired its the Hard nose coach who closed the deal with an In home visit to Missouri WR Corey Winfield.

Good Job well done

Nice size and speed. I hope his 4.4 time in the 40 is accurate. Plus: His highlight video says he has a 40" vertical! If that's even close... wow. Nice addition to the class.

For convenience:

Based on the video, he has definitely tested well. I think plenty of NFL prospects would be happy with his combine results.

this site had him at 4.4 but eithier way great job
http://recruiting.At their request,... from this site./a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5461300

Nice size and speed. I hope his 4.4 time in the 40 is accurate. Plus: His highlight video says he has a 40" vertical! If that's even close... wow. Nice addition to the class.

For convenience:

He really goes up and gets it.

Having done a little coaching in my day on the FB and on the Track and Field side, I'd be willing to bet his 40 time is a lot closer to the 4.4 than the 4.7. Just observing how much faster he was moving than everyone else would also seem to suggest that the 4.7 time is inaccurate.:noidea:

For convenience:

If his vertical is 40", then it is conceivable that the 40 time is accurate...or pretty close, maybe someone here with more knowledge on the human body and "Quick Twitch" muscles can explain that dynamic.

Reminds me a bit of Mike Williams...raw football player with gifted athletic ability.

If his vertical is 40", then it is conceivable that the 40 time is accurate...or pretty close, maybe someone here with more knowledge on the human body and "Quick Twitch" muscles can explain that dynamic.
There is no doubt he is a gifted athlete. Finished 2nd in the state of Missouri in the long jump as a sophomore.

My understanding was that we were only going to take one WR in this class. I believe Corey Cooper has agreed to visit this weekend. The kid was named an AA. My guess is that the staff will not cancel the visit and will take him if he commits. Probably will end up moving someone from WR to CB or S, and take one less CB or S than they were planning to take,

There is no doubt he is a gifted athlete. Finished 2nd in the state of Missouri in the long jump as a sophomore.

My understanding was that we were only going to take one WR in this class. I believe Corey Cooper has agreed to visit this weekend. The kid was named an AA. My guess is that the staff will not cancel the visit and will take him if he commits. Probably will end up moving someone from WR to CB or S, and take one less CB or S than they were planning to take,

Yeah if you can get Cooper then you take him. His offer sheet would be as good as anyone we have in he fold.

Next up is getting Spearman to visit. If we were to flip him that would be a good win. Nice looking LB prospect.

I love having good talent and the best wr's play wr and if we can have some guys with speed/hands and can get some separation quick or long...we will have a very nice year offensively.

Yeah if you can get Cooper then you take him. His offer sheet would be as good as anyone we have in he fold.

Next up is getting Spearman to visit. If we were to flip him that would be a good win. Nice looking LB prospect.

Offer sheet? We're not in the SEC.

I hope we start to get some consistency keeping our lb coaches...I think that has hurt us recruiting wise and if this Spearman is as good as you hope it'll be a nice start.

Reminds me a bit of Mike Williams...raw football player with gifted athletic ability.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched how he goes up and gets the ball over defenders. I hesitated to post that, though, because I wasn't sure about the level of competition in that video, and Mike Williams could do it at a pro level.

For convenience:

That teams whole offense seems to be to screen Winfield into open space and let him create. How is the quality of competition? Missouri isn't a football hotbed for high school. Some of the field conditions seem to indicate they don't care to put much money into high school football.

That teams whole offense seems to be to screen Winfield into open space and let him create. How is the quality of competition? Missouri isn't a football hotbed for high school. Some of the field conditions seem to indicate they don't care to put much money into high school football.

Green-Beckham is from Mizzou ... they do put out some quality talent ... obviously not the same depth of talent as a GA or TX or CA ... but they still can put out top flight players.