2 cents | Syracusefan.com

2 cents

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
I don't have the stomach to read much of the reaction to the Quade Green commitment, and I don't blame anyone for not reading my 2 cents, but I thought it would be therapeutic to just put down my thoughts, and what better place.
My immediate reaction was, I couldn't believe it and I was angry with Quade. But, if I put myself in his situation, I would probably take the opportunity to take care of my family as well. So, while I can't wish Quade luck at UK, I can understand his decision.
So now I get mad at UK and Cal and WWW, but they are just taking advantage of a system that allows them to pay players blatantly, while we get killed for minor infractions. And to all of the Cal apologists, I know that HE doesn't directly pay them, but don't be naive.
So, I am even more angry with the NCAA for not enforcing rules equally or fairly. If they did their job, there would be a level playing field for all teams. So F the NCAA.
It has never been more clear that we are not allowed to play the same game as UK and Duke and probably AZ and a few others, and it is frustrating, and all the more remarkable how competitive we have been.

It's just crazy to me that we lose a recruit to a school that is pretty much ahead of us in every category when it comes to being a basketball program is only because they paid them.

The sour grapes is just insane around here.

Do you even look at the reasons why a kid may want to go to UK instead of here? I'm not crapping on the Cuse but don't let your hate for UK blind you of the fact that they have more than "bags of money" that would entice kids to play for them.

It's just crazy to me that we lose a recruit to a school that is pretty much ahead of us in every category when it comes to being a basketball program is only because they paid them.

Do you even look at the reasons why a kid may want to go to UK instead of here? I'm not crapping on the Cuse but don't let your hate for UK blind you of the fact that they have more than "bags of money" that would entice kids to play for them.

While that's true, the thing that people are upset about is the way it happened. He wanted "Plan A"? He could have committed to the so called "Plan A" over the summer. But apparently he had some sort of epiphany Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

two3zone said:

We recruited the kid for 2 years. Made him THE priority in our recruiting class. The kid practically lived at the dome. He had a great relationship with GMAC and our other coaches. His damn motto is "Plan A". So after Visiting UK, he still had SU number 1, and he knew he was 3rd option for UK. He was all Orange before going to see UK play at MSG and sitting two rows behind WWW. There is a recurring theme with WWW and other recruits. If you can't put it all together then I want to play Clue against you for money.

We recruited the kid for 2 years. Made him THE priority in our recruiting class. The kid practically lived at the dome. He had a great relationship with GMAC and our other coaches. His damn motto is "Plan A". So after Visiting UK, he still had SU number 1, and he knew he was 3rd option for UK.

There is not one thing you listed above that even matters when it came to his choice. The stuff above matters to middle age men on a message board.

He was all Orange before going to see UK play at MSG and sitting two rows behind WWW. There is a recurring theme with WWW and other recruits. If you can't put it all together then I want to play Clue against you for money.

If you really think they have immunity and even if they did they had the balls to cheat with it that publicized then maybe you should play Clue against yourself.

At the end of the day he's going to be on TV more, he's going to play for a top 5 team, have state of the art facilities, living in better housing than any other college player in the country, and be a part of the UK pro day which attracts scouts from every pro team.

Don't act like UK hasn't been on him for a week, they have for at least a half a year. That's a long time, hell, 1/36th of this kids life. I've seen Orange Madness, I've seen Kentuckys version, if even something that simple to you mattered we'd be left in the dirt.

UK is what it is, a one year stop for kids to go pro, they treat it like that, it's set up like that. We're not.

You're not a stupid guy I read your posts, at the end of the day what we offered him wasn't attractive as what UK offered. Hell, what if he was promised the starting PG spot at UK? Could SU match that promise with Howard in the way? Tell me if that's what was on the table why he made a poor decision. Start for a top 5 team or back up FH when you have 5 players signed up for the next year. I think his decision was simple TBH.

There is not one thing you listed above that even matters when it came to his choice. The stuff above matters to middle age men on a message board.

If you really think they have immunity and even if they did they had the balls to cheat with it that publicized then maybe you should play Clue against yourself.

At the end of the day he's going to be on TV more, he's going to play for a top 5 team, have state of the art facilities, living in better housing than any other college player in the country, and be a part of the UK pro day which attracts scouts from every pro team.

Don't act like UK hasn't been on him for a week, they have for at least a half a year. That's a long time, hell, 1/36th of this kids life. I've seen Orange Madness, I've seen Kentuckys version, if even something that simple to you mattered we'd be left in the dirt.

UK is what it is, a one year stop for kids to go pro, they treat it like that, it's set up like that. We're not.

You're not a stupid guy I read your posts, at the end of the day what we offered him wasn't attractive as what UK offered. Hell, what if he was promised the starting PG spot at UK? Could SU match that promise with Howard in the way? Tell me if that's what was on the table why he made a poor decision. Start for a top 5 team or back up FH when you have 5 players signed up for the next year. I think his decision was simple TBH.

I understand and pretty much agree with most of this, except for the being on TV more. That's all location based, and nationally there isn't all that much difference between the two teams. The ACC games being more competitive on a whole, even out the excitement that UK brings to TV. You're right though, there will be more scouts watching that entire team, which will get him more NBA exposure.

After the initial burn, which was lessened, since we all knew on Wednesday, I've come to the realization, that although he's a great player and would have been a fabulous addition, we don't need him. A junior Frank is going to be a better player for us than a frosh Green. If we can grab an '18 PG we can all move on from Green and all of his forum threads!

What we absolutely need for next year is a shooter and for Tyus to come back! Those things are so much more important that Green ever was! If both of those occur, I don't think we'll have as much of a drop off next season as people are predicting.

GO ORANGE!!!!!

Last edited:
We recruited the kid for 2 years. Made him THE priority in our recruiting class. The kid practically lived at the dome. He had a great relationship with GMAC and our other coaches. His damn motto is "Plan A". So after Visiting UK, he still had SU number 1, and he knew he was 3rd option for UK. He was all Orange before going to see UK play at MSG and sitting two rows behind WWW. There is a recurring theme with WWW and other recruits. If you can't put it all together then I want to play Clue against you for money.
Can you please explain who WWW is and function ty

A little background on him from a 2007 article. Pretty interesting to reread now and see some of these names mentioned and how things have unfolded and stand now after almost 10 years have passed.

Is This the Most Powerful Man in Sports?

I guess being a long time friend of David Falk and Billy Hunter doesn't pay the bills like UK and PayPal Cal. I don't remember one player said to be associated with WWW coming to Syracuse

I guess being a long time friend of David Falk and Billy Hunter doesn't pay the bills like UK and PayPal Cal. I don't remember one player said to be associated with WWW coming to Syracuse

To be honest I've wondered the same. I've read that WWW has a good relationship with JB but yea I don't really know of any guys he's sent our way.

To be honest I've wondered the same. I've read that WWW has a good relationship with JB but yea I don't really know of any guys he's sent our way.
Who is www. What is www

Who is www. What is www
World Wide Wes (WWW) is William Wesley. He is a "consultant" for Creative Artists Agency. CAA is a talent and sports agency.

Agree 100%.

Two3zone, of course UK has many other reasons why recruits would want to go there, but I think you might want to belay some of this talk. As more comes out about what went down [and you can already get info on it from some of the posts made by that alleged friend of the Green family], all of this talk about UK / Cal not needing to pay recruits is going to ring hollow.

Green was their Plan C. They didn't land Plan A or Plan B, so they re-prioritized Green, and then made $ure that he picked them. What happened was a$ $imple a$ that.

Last edited:
Thank you
You're welcome. Google his name and see how Calipari views him and you may get an understanding of how a "consultant" for a sports agency might be an influential "friend" to a college program.

While all true our staff allowed this to happen and backed off all the other options available at PG. Also Green had every opportunity to commit to SU and did not.

Syracuse has the same "more than bags of money" that Kentucky has.
It's the bags of money that seperates them. Open your eyes.

While all true our staff allowed this to happen and backed off all the other options available at PG. Also Green had every opportunity to commit to SU and did not.

Agree, for the life of me I don't understand completely backing off other good options (Isaiah Washington for example) unless absolute 100% signed commitment. It makes no logical sense that I can think of. But the staff is not dumb. They have their reasons. I just haven't been able to figure them out as of yet.

Agree, for the life of me I don't understand completely backing off other good options (Isaiah Washington for example) unless absolute 100% signed commitment. It makes no logical sense that I can think of. But the staff is not dumb. They have their reasons. I just haven't been able to figure them out as of yet.

I always felt that with a class this size [up to 7, possibly], that there was room for BOTH Green and Washington. Washington could have been the Eric Bledsoe to Green's John Wall. He's more of a combo / scorer anyway.

Missed opportunity, given how high Washington was on SU.

I always felt that with a class this size [up to 7, possibly], that there was room for BOTH Green and Washington. Washington could have been the Eric Bledsoe to Green's John Wall. He's more of a combo / scorer anyway.

Missed opportunity, given how high Washington was on SU.

I agree. And again, the staff is not dumb. They must have their reasons. But I can't figure them out...

I think Washington was probably a kid that would have waited if we just told him honestly look if Green goes elsewhere you have a spot. Then he likely goes back to Minnesota and says hey I'm going to wait and see what happens at SU if Green goes there I'll come to Minnesota.

Yep. As much as I have sympathy for the staff re UK supposedly closing the way they did, inexcusable for the staff to be caught flat footed (again, if you count Battle). How does this happen? Why are we not recruiting a e-ton of guys this year? As critical a recruiting year as I can recall. I know GMac is taking on more responsibility, but Hop has been there and done that, very successfully. He needs to be close to each and every one of these scenarios to make sure we don't end up in a bind... ok, stepping off the soapbox.

I agree. I don't think the staff should ever leave themselves without options, but I do think that this shows us how confident they were with Quade, and that a true difference maker was offered to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom