2 cents | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 cents

I agree. I don't think the staff should ever leave themselves without options, but I do think that this shows us how confident they were with Quade, and that a true difference maker was offered to him.

Perhaps but looking back it now seems obviously that it was a difference maker he was looking for otherwise he would have committed to SU a long time ago. It was UK, SU and some teams from Philly that he wasn't going to for the last 3 months.

Perhaps but looking back it now seems obviously that it was a difference maker he was looking for otherwise he would have committed to SU a long time ago. It was UK, SU and some teams from Philly that he wasn't going to for the last 3 months.
Agree, from the outside looking in, the signs were there, and the staff should have been able to ensure him that he is Plan A while maintaining contact with other options.

Just my two cents. Its going to be really interesting to see what happens at both Kentucky and SU next year. I know Kentucky has this whole hype with putting guys in the pros and one and dones but they have had plenty that haven't. Harrison's two years one barely got drafted, Ulis two years second round and Briscoe didn't go pro. I look at the Kentucky guards and i don't see any going pro this year. Brisco is a 6' 3" combo guard with a 1 to 1 TO ratio and shoots less than 15% from three. Who is drafting a guard that can't shoot. The PG Fox i 1 -9 shooting three pointers this year. Again who drafts a guard that can't shoot. Guys like Andre Miller and Rondo were considered questionable because of shooting and they shot like 30% from three in college. Their SG Monk has had one good shooting night but in other games so far he is 1-6, 2-6 and 2-8 from three and shot 32 % from three in high school. He is also only 6'3". I would be surprised if someone drafts a SG that isn't a very good shooter. Then they have Shai G. a 6'5" PG coming. Unless someone transfers Quade Green and Shai G. could be fighting out for fourth guard minutes next year. And Kentucky is still in the mix for Trae Young. You look at SU and even if Battle stays we just have Battle and Howard. If Green came then Battle would probably start at the 3, howard at the 2 and green at point. Right now things don't look good for SU next year but good thing is we have a great team this year. Hopefully next year Battle comes back, we sign Tucker and sign a Juco or 5th year grad to back up Howard and Battle. If we sign Sidibe we have Chukwu, Thompson, Moyer, brissett and Sidibe so we are good in the front court.

Syracuse has the same "more than bags of money" that Kentucky has.
It's the bags of money that seperates them. Open your eyes.

You honesty think the only thing that separates Syracuse and UK is bags of money? Come on...

In this case it was.

It's just amazing to me that so many people actually believe this. Even more amazing that the NCAA doesn't do anything about it even with all of the obvious rule breaking that UK does.

It's just amazing to me that so many people actually believe this. Even more amazing that the NCAA doesn't do anything about it even with all of the obvious rule breaking that UK does.

Insiders have repeatedly stated that he verbally committed to us on Monday night. He had plenty of time to just pick Kentucky based on merit - he didn't, he waited until a meeting with WWW at MSG. What's your theory here?

On your point about the NCAA, they have a history of going after "softer" targets, that don't impact their bottom line as much.

Uh oh--Seth Greenberg just said that the ncaa should investigate UK for what happened with Green on ESPN.

Uh oh--Seth Greenberg just said that the ncaa should investigate UK for what happened with Green on ESPN.

Surprised we didn't get investigated for what happened with Battle then.

Insiders have repeatedly stated that he verbally committed to us on Monday night. He had plenty of time to just pick Kentucky based on merit - he didn't, he waited until a meeting with WWW at MSG. What's your theory here?

On your point about the NCAA, they have a history of going after "softer" targets, that don't impact their bottom line as much.

They've investigated Cal twice and nailed him twice. It would be bad for business if they left him alone.

My thoughts exactly. The shocking part is that ESPN either allowed him to say that or he said that without ESPN having any prior knowledge. Calipari will fire back as well IMO.
Yes, but if Cal is smart, he says nothing and lets ESPN shut him up. If he responds, this may blow up and cause the NCAA to HAVE to investigate. Not that it would be traced back to him, as usual, but it would blow up his operation.

Yes, but if Cal is smart, he says nothing and lets ESPN shut him up. If he responds, this may blow up and cause the NCAA to HAVE to investigate. Not that it would be traced back to him, as usual, but it would blow up his operation.

I get you and that probably would be the smartest move since ESPN will shut him down IMO. This isn't a print article or magazine trying to sell subscriptions this is a national sports news station and one of their lead guys for college bball.

If our local writers could follow up with Seth Greenberg before he gets shut down (probably has already been told to lock it down), that would be huge.

Battle's parents were never in favor of him rushing a commitment to Michigan.

More of a facetious post on my end with sarcasm. Just get tired of us constantly playing the "victim". Think we're far better than that.

Is it ok to act as the victim after being victimized?

If you're a weak puss.

Otherwise put your big boy pants on, look in the mirror and realize you blew it by not getting the kid to sign when he was "ours". If he was ours he would have signed a long time ago and you move on. Nothing's a done deal until the contract is signed. Move on and learn from your mistakes of trusting a 18 year old kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom