2 New FO Transfers: Ben Williams '13 & Zach Vehar '13 | Syracusefan.com

2 New FO Transfers: Ben Williams '13 & Zach Vehar '13

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
cvock
Just confirmed with Syracuse officials: former Holy Cross FO Ben Williams & former Quinnipiac FO Zach Vehar both have enrolled at 'Cuse.

cvock
Just confirmed with Syracuse officials: former Holy Cross FO Ben Williams & former Quinnipiac FO Zach Vehar both have enrolled at 'Cuse.

Well that ends the transfer speculation. Surprised we took in two more faceoff guys. I wonder if the staff feels Harris wont make it to campus or if someone else is leaving (Juco faceoff kid from last year).

One thing is for sure there will be a boat load of guys trying to win the job next year: Demarco, Paduda, Max Parker, Harris (maybe), the two new transfers, the Frosh from Whitesboro, and the transfer from last year who will be a Sr.

I wonder if there will be any other transfer surprises?

Iacono (Senior)
Paduda (R/Soph - injured last year)
Demarco (Soph)
Wentworth (Soph)

Max Parker (Frosh)
Nate Farrell (Frosh)
Vaughn Harris (Junior) ???

Williams (Soph)
Vehar (Soph)

Someone won't be here next season.

Iacono (Senior)
Paduda (R/Soph - injured last year)
Demarco (Soph)
Wentworth (Soph)

Max Parker (Frosh)
Nate Farrell (Frosh)
Vaughn Harris (Junior) ???

Williams (Soph)
Vehar (Soph)

Someone won't be here next season.

I will do my best to handicap the list.

I think Farrell is almost a lock to redshirt ditto for Parker if he isn't one of the top two. A lot of hype coming in for Parker though so it might be difficult to redshirt him especially if people struggle.

I like Iacono but injuries have zapped his athleticisim big time. I don't see him matching up well with the bigger and stronger faceoff guys but I guess you never know. I don't think Wentworth is long for the roster. Harris is a complete wild card mostly because no one knows if he will actually make it here. Assuming he does he has the skill to compete for the job and or get some run on the back up mid lines.

At this point I have to think your looking at 4 or 5 legit contenders for the job. The top 5 to me are Paduda (assuming hes actually healthy), Demarco, Parker, and the two new transfers William and Vehar. As I noted Vaughn Harris is the wild card because I have no idea if he actually makes it here. If he does the top 5 becomes the top 6. Demarco, Parker and Vehar all have red shirts available, I am not sure about Williams. Either way Desko will have a S ton of options.

I will do my best to handicap the list.

I think Farrell is almost a lock to redshirt ditto for Parker if he isn't one of the top two. A lot of hype coming in for Parker though so it might be difficult to redshirt him especially if people struggle.

I like Iacono but injuries have zapped his athleticisim big time. I don't see him matching up well with the bigger and stronger faceoff guys but I guess you never know. I don't think Wentworth is long for the roster. Harris is a complete wild card mostly because no one knows if he will actually make it here. Assuming he does he has the skill to compete for the job and or get some run on the back up mid lines.

At this point I have to think your looking at 4 or 5 legit contenders for the job. The top 5 to me are Paduda (assuming hes actually healthy), Demarco, Parker, and the two new transfers William and Vehar. As I noted Vaughn Harris is the wild card because I have no idea if he actually makes it here. If he does the top 5 becomes the top 6. Demarco, Parker and Vehar all have red shirts available, I am not sure about Williams. Either way Desko will have a S ton of options.
He may have a ton of options, but outside of Harris, who knows if any of them are any good. Honestly, Desko's FO antics have become downright laughable.

No scholarships so i guess it doesn't matter but he seems to be willing to take anyone and seeing if it works out. Get the feeling he's just totally frustrated and has no strategy to fix the issues.

How about some wing players who can pick up a ball?

Williams took a lot of draws last year. Went 186-350 for a .531%

No scholarships so i guess it doesn't matter but he seems to be willing to take anyone and seeing if it works out. Get the feeling he's just totally frustrated and has no strategy to fix the issues.

How about some wing players who can pick up a ball?

Wings need a ton of work, they have been a disaster the last 2-3 years as bad or worse then the guys at the X.

He may have a ton of options, but outside of Harris, who knows if any of them are any good. Honestly, Desko's FO antics have become downright laughable.

Paduda held his own his frosh year and he was very unfamiliar with taking draws. If he hadn't gotten hurt last year he definitely would have been in the mix and probably won the job as Daddio didnt put it all together until mid way through. Demarco looked pretty good in a very very small sample size. There is talent there and for once Desko has stocked the cupboard full of options.

Would be a bit of a disappointment if Paduda and Parker don't emerge as the top 2 from this group. Williams and Vehar are decent additions and certainly glad their here but their respective resumes are not overly impressive. Expecting some "great" things from Parker before all is said and done.

the beauty of Harris is that he's a real player, can do something with it after he pops it out, without turning it over. This really helps when the wings are subpar on GBs. Will be very disappointed if he can't make it to campus. Student directory out soon no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom