2012-2013 vs Potential 2016-2017 Lineups/zone | Syracusefan.com

2012-2013 vs Potential 2016-2017 Lineups/zone

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
So in 2012/13, where we made a run to the final 4... our lineup looked like this:

MCW - 6'6
Triche - 6'4
Fair - 6'8
Southerland - 6'8
Xmas/Keita - 6'9 / 6'10

And that was one of the most dominant zone's we have had in a while thanks in part to the MCW/Triche tandem. Scoring offense wasn't half bad either.

In 2016-2017 we could POTENTIALLY be looking at:

Battle - 6'7
Richardson - 6'6
Roberson/Moyer - 6'8 / 6'8
Lydon - 6'8 (I think he's taller than that).
Diagne/Chukwu - 6'8/7'2

Anyone else seeing some similarities between these two teams and feeling fantastic?

I refuse to make any projections beyond 15-16, and I'm barely comfortable doing that.
Not trying to project them going to the championship or anything. Just very excited at how well our staff is bringing in talent despite the NCAA foolishness. I think we'll be great this year too, very confident in Roberson and G and I think Diagne will be a contributor earlier than many expect.

I don't know that we're a Championship caliber team this year, probably a long shot, but I think we can be MUCH better than people think.

I truly believe G and Cooney are going to have great seasons as our backcourt tandem. The issue comes with how our frontcourt sorts itself out.

Assuming things trend the way they are in recruiting and no one unexpected bolts after this year, I think, at that point, we can start having Championship aspirations again.

Our defense should be good, it usually is. Just need to make baskets.

I don't know that we're a Championship caliber team this year, probably a long shot, but I think we can be MUCH better than people think.

I truly believe G and Cooney are going to have great seasons as our backcourt tandem. The issue comes with how our frontcourt sorts itself out.

Assuming things trend the way they are in recruiting and no one unexpected bolts after this year, I think, at that point, we can start having Championship aspirations again.
Agree with this, though I think the biggest keys will be PG and C. Everything else, we pretty much know what we have at this point (with the expected gradual improvement over last year from those other positions).

There would certainly be a good argument for utilizing the template of the 12/13 team to assembly another team for a Syracuse / zone team for a final 4 NC run.

All I can say is that with the news we've had to deal with which has been extremely depressing, the things which have developed recently certainly constitute a "change in the air" for the Syracuse Basketball program.

Out of the ashes the Phoenix rises up and we are seeing the pieces all fall into place right before our eyes! I"m totally pumped up and I"m feeling great about the future of the program once again.

So in 2012/13, where we made a run to the final 4... our lineup looked like this:

MCW - 6'6
Triche - 6'4
Fair - 6'8
Southerland - 6'8
Xmas/Keita - 6'9 / 6'10

And that was one of the most dominant zone's we have had in a while thanks in part to the MCW/Triche tandem. Scoring offense wasn't half bad either.

Battle - 6'7
Richardson - 6'6
Diagne/Chukwu - 6'8/7'2

Anyone else seeing some similarities between these two teams and feeling fantastic?

If everybody pans out and we get everybody listed then it potentially has a the makings of an excellent excellent team and probably better than our last Final 4 team.

But to be honest, not one of these guys outside of Roberson has done anything at the college level and it would be impossible to predict what they're able to do. Fab Melo, DC2, and Rak were all McDonald's all americans and outside of Melo, none of them really did anything their second year.

Everybody said Cooney was the best shooter that ever came here, not bashing him as I love the guy, but what makes Lydon and Richardson 35-40+% shooters automatically? What if Lydon doesn't add size?

Potentially we could be excellent, potentially we could be not very good. With the way things have been going, especially with our recruiting and how these guys are panning out recently nobody knows how well we'll pan out.

Too early. Not fair to compare most of those guys who haven't yet walked the walk. But on potential?
MCW-Battle - MCW made some fantastic plays cutting into the passing lane or stepping in to intercept a full court pass. Tons of opportunities creating easy baskets in critical tournament minutes. Battle has the potential to lock down either guard position. Toss up.
Triche-Richardson - Triche probably ends up the better college defender. Good rebounder and I also remember him putting his hands up. ;)
Fair and Southerland-Roberson/Moyer/Lydon - The new guys might end up winning this if the talent is realized.
Centers - Roc and Keita all the way. But I think we will get a lot out of Diagne at 4.
Even based on talent alone, the 2012-13 team was pretty complete 1 through 5.

Too early. Not fair to compare most of those guys who haven't yet walked the walk. But on potential?
MCW-Battle - MCW made some fantastic plays cutting into the passing lane or stepping in to intercept a full court pass. Tons of opportunities creating easy baskets in critical tournament minutes. Battle has the potential to lock down either guard position. Toss up.
Triche-Richardson - Triche probably ends up the better college defender. Good rebounder and I also remember him putting his hands up. ;)
Fair and Southerland-Roberson/Moyer/Lydon - The new guys might end up winning this if the talent is realized.
Centers - Roc and Keita all the way. But I think we will get a lot out of Diagne at 4.
Even based on talent alone, the 2012-13 team was pretty complete 1 through 5.
yeah I'm just going off potential and measurements

MCW - 6'6
Triche - 6'4
Fair - 6'8
Southerland - 6'8
Xmas/Keita - 6'9 / 6'10

Battle - 6'7
Richardson - 6'6
Diagne/Chukwu - 6'8/7'2

Yes. I'm planning the Phoenix parties already. I think I better start stocking up on booze and plastic cups!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom