2013 | Syracusefan.com

jdubs30

Living Legend
- Lost 4 of our last 5 to end the regular season. Capping it off with a 22 loss @ GTown to end the year. The only W in that stretch was DePaul.
- Our last solid W that regular season was a 16pt home win vs. #25 ND in the Dome on Feb. 4th

I have nothing else -- but I remember going into that Pitt matchup in the BET thinking we had no chance (they beat us in the Pete earlier in the year), we ended up winning, and had a pretty special next 4 weeks. Hopefully we can do the same thing this year.

Any things possible, but that team shut down the pain with rak/baye. We don't have a 5 capable of playing defense like they did to make up for bad shooting.

I'm willing to bet that if we beat Pitt and give the #1 seed a run for their money on Thursday, the doom and gloom on this board will suddenly turn into how we're the team no 1 seed wants to face in the second round. Like clockwork

It all depends on guard play. Carter-Williams threw up some real stinkers during conference play, but he strung together four strong weeks in March (and that's what he's remembered for). When he had another bad game, the season ended.

I'm willing to bet that if we beat Pitt and give the #1 seed a run for their money on Thursday, the doom and gloom on this board will suddenly turn into how we're the team no 1 seed wants to face in the second round. Like clockwork
Like an Oaklahoma team that shoots 50% from 3, they are hoping to Zeus in the tourney

It all depends on guard play. Carter-Williams threw up some real stinkers during conference play, but he strung together four strong weeks in March (and that's what he's remembered for). When he had another bad game, the season ended.

Mr. Lottery pick threw up a stinker in the final four game.

And if we lose to Pitt for the third time this season, I will probably need to be hospitalized.

- Lost 4 of our last 5 to end the regular season. Capping it off with a 22 loss @ GTown to end the year. The only W in that stretch was DePaul.
- Our last solid W that regular season was a 16pt home win vs. #25 ND in the Dome on Feb. 4th

I have nothing else -- but I remember going into that Pitt matchup in the BET thinking we had no chance (they beat us in the Pete earlier in the year), we ended up winning, and had a pretty special next 4 weeks. Hopefully we can do the same thing this year.
A: SU finished 5th in the league that year, not 10th
B: Big East, not the ACC.

Big difference. No comparison at all except for going 1-4 the last 5 regular season games.

Mr. Lottery pick threw up a stinker in the final four game.

Yep, and that's how our season's going to end this year. When you've got mediocre guards, it's a ticking time bomb. Win a few when they play well, then lose when they don't.

Though I could see Gbinije posting one of those sneaky-bad games with a decent stat line in our final loss - 20 points on efficient shooting, but baffled by the hard hedge and unable to set up shots for teammates, with a couple weird ball-off-foot turnovers thrown in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom