2013 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Even with Lydon at the 5, we finished 16th in defensive efficiency this year. We're not going to get that much better there, even if we finish in the top 10.

Offense was the problem last year and I expect it to be this year as well, we finished 51st. Can we finish in the top 25 in offensive efficiency?

If we get mystery man, I'll be a lot more optimistic, until then I don't see how we can score.

I count defensive rebounding as part of defense and we were really bad in that area. For all his blocks, Lydon could not defend in the paint most of the season. Not his fault, he just wasn't big enough. If he wasn't swatting a shot, he was allowing deep post position and easy layups. I don't know how defensive efficiency is determined, but we're going to be better. I might sound like an old man discounting youngsters and their advanced stats and rap music, but anything ranking us as a good defensive team last season has to be flawed in some way.

I think Battle is going to surprise. He has more talent than anybody on the team last season. Experience is the question, but he's the kind of guy you can give the ball to and just say, "get me a bucket." Mal could do that to some extent from behind the arc and G could do it as long as he wasn't facing a quick and experienced guard. I think Battle will be able to do it regardless of who's on him, from inside and out.

I count defensive rebounding as part of defense and we were really bad in that area. For all his blocks, Lydon could not defend in the paint most of the season. Not his fault, he just wasn't big enough. If he wasn't swatting a shot, he was allowing deep post position and easy layups. I don't know how defensive efficiency is determined, but we're going to be better. I might sound like an old man discounting youngsters and their advanced stats and rap music, but anything ranking us as a good defensive team last season has to be flawed in some way.

I think Battle is going to surprise. He has more talent than anybody on the team last season. Experience is the question, but he's the kind of guy you can give the ball to and just say, "get me a bucket." Mal could do that to some extent from behind the arc and G could do it as long as he wasn't facing a quick and experienced guard. I think Battle will be able to do it regardless of who's on him, from inside and out.

Points per possession... It was pretty good last year, regardless of rebounding. We were the third best defensive team in the ACC last year after UVA and Louisville. We were tenth best on offense.

I think Battle and Lydon will be great. It's everyone else I'm concerned about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom