Class of 2015 - 2014-15 Cuse Commits and Targets High School Season Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 2014-15 Cuse Commits and Targets High School Season Schedule

Francis03

All American
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/11/2014-15-cuse-commits-and-targets-high.html
Here goes everything you need from full schedules to key matchups with our committed players and other prospects with offers. Some great matchups expected to go down this season. For example, Malachi going up against top 20 prospect Brandon Ingram, which could be make or break for his Burger game chances. Lydon going up against a loaded Brewster Academy squad twice and against Thon Maker/Jamal Murray's team. Diagne goes up against Tyus Battle's squad and has a heavyweight rematch against Cheick Diallo. Frank and King play a loaded season schedule filled with plenty of high profile games. It's possible they could face 2016 PG target Howard Washington from Montverde twice. Bryant and his Huntington Prep squad has two matchups scheduled against Cheick Diallo's squad this season. Only disappointment is that Moyer's school is not scheduled to play in any tourney's out of state and I don't think his HS comp is going to give him much of a challenge.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/11/2014-15-cuse-commits-and-targets-high.html
Here goes everything you need from full schedules to key matchups with our committed players and other prospects with offers. Some great matchups expected to go down this season. For example, Malachi going up against top 20 prospect Brandon Ingram, which could be make or break for his Burger game chances. Lydon going up against a loaded Brewster Academy squad twice and against Thon Maker/Jamal Murray's team. Diagne goes up against Tyus Battle's squad and has a heavyweight rematch against Cheick Diallo. Frank and King play a loaded season schedule filled with plenty of high profile games. It's possible they could face 2016 PG target Howard Washington from Montverde twice. Bryant and his Huntington Prep squad has two matchups scheduled against Cheick Diallo's squad this season. Only disappointment is that Moyer's school is not scheduled to play in any tourney's out of state and I don't think his HS comp is going to give him much of a challenge.
Much thanks for the updates my friend! Psyched to see a few of these if local.

http://www.primetimeshootout.net/schedule.html
Not sure how far Roselle Catholic is from you, but that's a good event in NJ to check out. Malachi and Battle on a Saturday, and then the Diagne vs Diallo scrap on the following day.
I used to go to the Prime Time Shootout all the time when I was in high school and a bit after, but then they moved it out of the arena in Trenton. I haven't been to it since. I saw a ton of great games...Remember thinking Telfair was a joke as he went scoreless in the first half...came out and had 30 in the second half.

I'm not familiar with the location of Roselle Catholic

Last edited:
I used to go to the Prime Time Shootout all the time when I was in high school and a bit after, but then they moved it out of the arena in Trenton. I haven't been to it since. I saw a ton of great games...Remember thinking Telfair was a joke as he went scoreless in the first half...came out and had 30 in the second half.

I'm not familiar with the location of Roselle Catholic
Yup, the PTS was one of the premier events nationally in the early-mid 2000's when it was held in Trenton. First time I ever got to see Paul Harris, Dwight Howard, Kyle Lowry, and Rondo in person. I think 2002 had the first ever Melo vs LeBron matchup. The event is still pretty good but with the move to RC, it has been more of a local flavor than the national field it used to be.

Yup, the PTS was one of the premier events nationally in the early-mid 2000's when it was held in Trenton. First time I ever got to see Paul Harris, Dwight Howard, Kyle Lowry, and Rondo in person. I think 2002 had the first ever Melo vs LeBron matchup. The event is still pretty good but with the move to RC, it has been more of a local flavor than the national field it used to be.
yes they did, I went the day after the melo vs lebron game (for some reason I think it was a friday night and i went Sat). The next day, everyone was talking about how unbelievable that game was. I remember being so mad that I could make it that night because I had a HS game. I saw some great players year after year and for the price of a ticket it was well worth it. I wonder why they moved it out of that arena, the crowds always seemed pretty good when I went.

yes they did, I went the day after the melo vs lebron game (for some reason I think it was a friday night and i went Sat). The next day, everyone was talking about how unbelievable that game was. I remember being so mad that I could make it that night because I had a HS game. I saw some great players year after year and for the price of a ticket it was well worth it. I wonder why they moved it out of that arena, the crowds always seemed pretty good when I went.
Have to figure maybe a loss in sponsorships may have been the reason. Not cheap to fly in all of those teams from around the country.

http://www.separationsportsmanagement.com/schedulemd
Just wanted to give anybody in the Maryland/DMV area the heads up about a big time event taking place at Dematha High this weekend. Paul VI-Howard and King play twice, Orangeville Prep-Jamal Murray and Thon Maker play twice. Clinton Christian with 2017 wing target Melo Eggleston plays on Sunday. Plus there will be other numerous big time prospects playing such as Cheick Diallo, Antonio Blakeney, top 5 2016 Jayson Tatum, and top 20 2017 DJ Harvey.

http://hoopgroup.com/tournaments/high-school-showcase-2/hoop-group-nj-tip-showcase-preview/
Hoop Group Tip Off at West Orange HS in NJ is taking place this weekend. Tyus Battle's Gill St. Bernards squad is playing on Saturday at 4:50 for anybody that might be interested in attending.
Thanks, bro! You're like my alarm. Listen, I'm setting you on snooze for Saturday morning. Please. Be there -- cause I might be sleeping and need to wake up.
:)

Edit: scratch that. No go for me, company party on Saturday and GSB and Battle would have been who I wanted to see. Nobody on our radar for Sunday games.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking for you to do the work for me. Are any of these guys playing in the spfd mass hall of fame tournament?

I'll be watching Franklin Howard at the City of Palms this weekend down here in Fort Myers.
Other names you can check out as well Howard Washington(Montverde), Kobi Simmons(St. Francis), Harry Giles(Wesleyan Christian). Giles will be worth the admission alone.

Other names you can check out as well Howard Washington(Montverde), Kobi Simmons(St. Francis), Harry Giles(Wesleyan Christian). Giles will be worth the admission alone.
Giles is just a freak of nature, immediate impact player. Let's get this man.

Trust me I have a laundry list of players and teams I want to see, Frank is just the one I'm most excited about because he's already committed and will be in Orange next year. I'll have my notebook with me and I'll be camped in the bleachers for at least two days and up to five depending on the logistics of the week. If you have any players you want me to try and watch to right up a scouting report I'll do my best, but with it being the holiday season I can't promise anything. Here is the full list of teams and players of note; http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014-teams.php

Trust me I have a laundry list of players and teams I want to see, Frank is just the one I'm most excited about because he's already committed and will be in Orange next year. I'll have my notebook with me and I'll be camped in the bleachers for at least two days and up to five depending on the logistics of the week. If you have any players you want me to try and watch to right up a scouting report I'll do my best, but with it being the holiday season I can't promise anything. Here is the full list of teams and players of note; http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014-teams.php
Jaylen Brown(Wheeler) is considered to be #1 in 2015 by some. It's possible he could meet up against Frank and PVI on Saturday if they win their first round game.

I'll be front and center for those matchups For now though let me give you guys a little wrap-up of what I saw yesterday.

First things first I shared this with Francis on Twitter, but I am sure you guys will all enjoy seeing what our old friend Derrick Jones is up to these days.
This was in the first game of the day between Archbishop Carroll and Sierra Canyon and it was a great way to start. Jones finished the day with 15 points and 9 rebounds, although he didn't shoot particularly well from the field or the free throw line. He has a thin frame and got pushed around all day on the block by the guy he dunked on, Cody Riley who is a top-10 player in the class of '17 out of California.

For a kid who is only a sophomore, Riley really knows how to use his big frame well and finishes through contact. He had a tendency to drift to the perimeter at times and try and drive the lane against smaller defenders which ended up in him being stripped or losing the ball off his foot. He's got a ton of potential and will be very highly coveted over the next couple of years. The starters for Sierra Canyon are four sophomores and a junior so I hope they come back next year and compete for the title.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-6.html (Box Score for the game)

The next game on the docket for the day was Riverside Academy vs North Port. This one was over before it even began with Riverside jumping all over North Port and coasting the entire way. Riverside was led by a couple of juniors in Malik Crowfield and Herb McGee. Crowfield is a sharpshooting guard who rebounded very well for a guard. McGee is actually a big time football prospect who has an offer to play wide receiver at LSU. He just oozes athleticism and did what ever he wanted on the court. Overall it was a very dysfunctional game with little flow thank to the fact that 37 fouls over the course of 32 minutes and it was very hard to get a true read on anyone in the game.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-7.html (Box Score for the game)

The final game I got to see was Wayne vs Montverde. It was a closer game in the end than it should have been, but Montverde controlled the game from the start to finish. Wayne is suppose to be the best team in Ohio and is ranked 35th in the nation by USA Today. They didn't have a lot of size, but they were feisty and chippy from the whistle and were getting under the skin of a much more talented Montverde. D'Mitrik Trice may be one of the most well rounded individuals in the field this year. Not only is he a stand out basketball player, but he also carries a 4.0 GPA and has offers from the likes of Penn, Yale, and Harvard. He had an off day shooting and going 1-7 behind the arc, but he still had 17 points.

Now for the team everyone wants to here about, Montverde. They are led by the best player in the nation in Ben Simmons. I've always been iffy on him being the top player in the nation, but any doubt I had about that is now gone. He was essentially a 6'8 point forward for them and dominated every facet of the game. His final stat line for the day was 24 points, 10 boards, 5 steals, and 4 assists. Simmons' frontcourt mate is 7'4 junior Jean Marc Christ Koumadje. I walked by this kid in the hall and its ridiculous how tall he is. He is committed to FSU, but I think he needs a couple of years to develop before he can contribute on the college level. That being said, he has great instincts for the game and moves well for someone his size. The local kid Howard Washington really impressed me in this game, he didn't force anything on the offensive side of the ball and knocked down three 3s. He has very long arms which he used to create mayhem on the defensive side of the ball and snagged a couple of steals. I don't know if he is a Cuse level player yet but he is on his way to becoming a very good college somewhere.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-8.html (Box Score for the game)

That's all I saw yesterday and I'm about to head out for today's games and hopefully I'll get a few more games written up tonight, if not I have all of tomorrow to do it.

I'll be front and center for those matchups For now though let me give you guys a little wrap-up of what I saw yesterday.

First things first I shared this with Francis on Twitter, but I am sure you guys will all enjoy seeing what our old friend Derrick Jones is up to these days.
This was in the first game of the day between Archbishop Carroll and Sierra Canyon and it was a great way to start. Jones finished the day with 15 points and 9 rebounds, although he didn't shoot particularly well from the field or the free throw line. He has a thin frame and got pushed around all day on the block by the guy he dunked on, Cody Riley who is a top-10 player in the class of '17 out of California.

For a kid who is only a sophomore, Riley really knows how to use his big frame well and finishes through contact. He had a tendency to drift to the perimeter at times and try and drive the lane against smaller defenders which ended up in him being stripped or losing the ball off his foot. He's got a ton of potential and will be very highly coveted over the next couple of years. The starters for Sierra Canyon are four sophomores and a junior so I hope they come back next year and compete for the title.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-6.html (Box Score for the game)

The next game on the docket for the day was Riverside Academy vs North Port. This one was over before it even began with Riverside jumping all over North Port and coasting the entire way. Riverside was led by a couple of juniors in Malik Crowfield and Herb McGee. Crowfield is a sharpshooting guard who rebounded very well for a guard. McGee is actually a big time football prospect who has an offer to play wide receiver at LSU. He just oozes athleticism and did what ever he wanted on the court. Overall it was a very dysfunctional game with little flow thank to the fact that 37 fouls over the course of 32 minutes and it was very hard to get a true read on anyone in the game.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-7.html (Box Score for the game)

The final game I got to see was Wayne vs Montverde. It was a closer game in the end than it should have been, but Montverde controlled the game from the start to finish. Wayne is suppose to be the best team in Ohio and is ranked 35th in the nation by USA Today. They didn't have a lot of size, but they were feisty and chippy from the whistle and were getting under the skin of a much more talented Montverde. D'Mitrik Trice may be one of the most well rounded individuals in the field this year. Not only is he a stand out basketball player, but he also carries a 4.0 GPA and has offers from the likes of Penn, Yale, and Harvard. He had an off day shooting and going 1-7 behind the arc, but he still had 17 points.

Now for the team everyone wants to here about, Montverde. They are led by the best player in the nation in Ben Simmons. I've always been iffy on him being the top player in the nation, but any doubt I had about that is now gone. He was essentially a 6'8 point forward for them and dominated every facet of the game. His final stat line for the day was 24 points, 10 boards, 5 steals, and 4 assists. Simmons' frontcourt mate is 7'4 junior Jean Marc Christ Koumadje. I walked by this kid in the hall and its ridiculous how tall he is. He is committed to FSU, but I think he needs a couple of years to develop before he can contribute on the college level. That being said, he has great instincts for the game and moves well for someone his size. The local kid Howard Washington really impressed me in this game, he didn't force anything on the offensive side of the ball and knocked down three 3s. He has very long arms which he used to create mayhem on the defensive side of the ball and snagged a couple of steals. I don't know if he is a Cuse level player yet but he is on his way to becoming a very good college somewhere.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2014stats/Game-8.html (Box Score for the game)

That's all I saw yesterday and I'm about to head out for today's games and hopefully I'll get a few more games written up tonight, if not I have all of tomorrow to do it.
Thanks for the recap. Looking forward to reading your reports from today's action.

Thanks for the recap. Looking forward to reading your reports from today's action.
Just got home I'm exhausted so I'm gonna hold off until tomorrow so I can make sure it sounds ok.