2014 Orangeyes Open in Review | Syracusefan.com

2014 Orangeyes Open in Review

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
We still haven't finshed crunching all the numbers for the tournament but I am quite sure that in the end, we are going to end up raising well over $2000 for the Crohn's Disease and Colitis Foundation.

Many thanks to the sponsors, volunteers, golfers, the people that attended the dinner, featured speaker Chris Gedney, Jim Noble/Foxfire Golf Course and Pasta's on the Green for all they did to make this event a success. Great job by everyone involved.

And many thanks to tournament directors OrangeOnions and CnyCentralCuse for their extraordinary efforts to pull the tournament together so quickly.

We will be sending out team pictures to all participants in the tournament tomorrow. Look for a series of announcements regarding the 2015 Orangeyes Open soon. We have big plans for this event. We want to make it something special, a major event for CNY golf in future years.

We are already working on possible dates for the event. Here are the ones that look like they have the best potential for us. We heard from a lot of people who really wanted to play buy couldn't last Saturday. To try and get the best possible attendance for next year, we ask everyone who plans on playing to please rank the following dates based on your preference.

Saturday July 11
Saturday August 1st
Saturday August 8th
Saturday August 15th
Saturday August 29th

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Regards,

-Tom

Amazing job by everyone. Extra special thanks to Tomcat and Niko. You guys are awesome partners for this event. We raised an amazing amount of money in a very short time. Thank you to all of the individuals who contributed, from donations, raffle and silent auction items to golf and buffets purchased. No doubt my father is proud we all came together to spend time with one another doing something he loved and raised money to fight against an illness he suffered from. My family thanks all of you for your support and participation and look forward to doing it again next summer.

Stevenson said:
Tom, thanks for everything. I will be back every year.
you are welcome. You won one of the prizes. Please contact me so we can figure out how to beat get it to you...

Thanks,

Tom