2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in... | Syracusefan.com

2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in...

Guessing April 19 is the weekend of the spring football game. If so, too bad they couldn't tie lax and football weekend together.

There was a tweet on Laxpower a little while back that SU will play @ UVa on Saturday, March 1. That's still the usual weekend for the game, so your joining of the ACC didn't change that. They may have to play with the game time because the SU-UVa basketball game is the same day, and Klockner and JPJ Arena share the parking lots.

There was a tweet on Laxpower a little while back that SU will play @ UVa on Saturday, March 1. That's still the usual weekend for the game, so your joining of the ACC didn't change that. They may have to play with the game time because the SU-UVa basketball game is the same day, and Klockner and JPJ Arena share the parking lots.

Lax at Noon, Hoops at 4 PM.

Make it so. :D

Really hope we were smart enough to pick up a few cupcake games outside of Canisius. Not sure if we are playing Albany this year either from what I was told.

Really hope we were smart enough to pick up a few cupcake games outside of Canisius. Not sure if we are playing Albany this year either from what I was told.

It would be a p*ssy move on SU's part to drop Albany from the schedule. Gives people the impression that we're afraid of them. I hope your source is wrong.

It would be a p*ssy move on SU's part to drop Albany from the schedule. Gives people the impression that we're afraid of them. I hope your source is wrong.

Just a rumor I heard probably not true but figured I would at least pass it along. I would be surprised if we dont play Albany to be honest.

I hope we play Albany in our first game of he season this year. No suppose this year, SU will win that game by 4 this year.

I'm guessing but it is looking a little bit like UMd might play Syracuse on 2/22. This would probably put it in the dome.

UMd plays Duke usually the 1st weekend in March, 3/1
SB fans say, UMd at SB 3/8
Villanova at UMd, 3/15
Usually UNC 3/22
Usually UVa 3/29
Usually Navy 4/5 but rumors say it has moved to end of season
- so maybe ND (ND plays PSU 2/22)
Hopkins 4/12
? 4/19
ACC tmt 4/25

so perhaps there is some chance UMd could play Syracuse 4/5 and ND 4/19.

From a poster on the Laxpower Board (sources are generally reliable)

Tentative schedule

Siena
Albany
Maryland
@ Virginia
St Johns (in Atlanta)
@ Hopkins
@ Duke
Notre Dame
Binghamton
@ Cornell
UNC
@ Hobart
ACC Championship
Colgate
NCAA's

Only tentative but no Army, Princeton, and Canisius. Adding Binghamton, Siena and Colgate makes sense.

From a poster on the Laxpower Board (sources are generally reliable)

Tentative schedule

Siena
Albany
Maryland
@ Virginia
St Johns (in Atlanta)
@ Hopkins
@ Duke
Notre Dame
Binghamton
@ Cornell
UNC
@ Hobart
ACC Championship
Colgate
NCAA's

Only tentative but no Army, Princeton, and Canisius. Adding Binghamton, Siena and Colgate makes sense.

We have a long term agreement with Canisius. And I can't see us ducking Army and Princeton for Siena (8-9) and Binghamton (5-9).

If that schedule holds, I'm really going to dislike the ACC.

If that schedule holds, I'm really going to dislike the ACC.

Well, there will be a slot open on your 2015 schedule. Maybe you can put one of them back on it?

SU just signed a long term deal with Canisius last year so I have my doubts that schedule is legit. Also Colgate has been off the schedule for nearly 5 years now, would be odd that we would suddenly add them again but I certainly wouldnt mind that game. One thing that schedule shows is how difficult Syracuse's schedule is going to be this year and moving forward. Its easy to see how Virginia got into a hole last year and couldnt dig out, if you lose a couple games in a row not only can it snowball but the level of opponent just keeps getting better throughout the year, not many cupcake games.

SU just signed a long term deal with Canisius last year so I have my doubts that schedule is legit. Also Colgate has been off the schedule for nearly 5 years now, would be odd that we would suddenly add them again but I certainly wouldnt mind that game. One thing that schedule shows is how difficult Syracuse's schedule is going to be this year and moving forward. Its easy to see how Virginia got into a hole last year and couldnt dig out, if you lose a couple games in a row not only can it snowball but the level of opponent just keeps getting better throughout the year, not many cupcake games.

Colgate was one of the teams that was dropped when we joined the Big East (UMass and Loyola were the other annuals). Now that we're moving from 6 conference games to 5 this season and eventually 4, there's room to bring them back. And it's an easy road trip.

Colgate was one of the teams that was dropped when we joined the Big East (UMass and Loyola were the other annuals). Now that we're moving from 6 conference games to 5 this season and eventually 4, there's room to bring them back. And it's an easy road trip.

Right I remember why we dropped them along with Loyola and Umass ( I miss kicking there @ss). Just seems odd we would add them, Binghamton and Siena to the roster but drop Army? I understand dropping Princeton, at some point you have to get a schedule that has a few baked in wins.

I miss all the knee and ankle injuries from playing on UMass' goat track of a field. :p

I'm not sold on this guy's prediction for the new schedule, but stranger things have happened.

I think we will have Princeton, Hopkins, Virginia, Hobart, Cornell, Canisius, North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Notre Dame as locks.

Then 3 more opponents from Siena, Albany,Colgate, Binghamton unless I missed a lock.

Dropping Army might have mostly occurred because that was a good weekend to fit UMd in. As "Hoos That" indicates above, the UMd game is just a 1 year deal most likely, with UMd going to the Big Ten in 2015, so perhaps Army will be back in its usual place in 2015.
With the more permanent addition of Duke and UNC, I think Desko had to lighten the schedule elsewhere - so I would guess that Princeton was the choice to drop.

No Princeton this year. Their schedule is already out.

Sucks.

Time to start going to Yale games.

I think I am more disappointed with no Army more than no Princeton (if that holds true). I think playing a service academy early is as good a test you can give a team. If they are not on the schedule I hope they replace Maryland as the preseason scrimmage. Two brutal three game stretches; Albany, UMD, UVa and then Hopkins, Duke and ND. Good thing they have a "breather" against St Johns.

I think I am more disappointed with no Army more than no Princeton (if that holds true). I think playing a service academy early is as good a test you can give a team. If they are not on the schedule I hope they replace Maryland as the preseason scrimmage. Two brutal three game stretches; Albany, UMD, UVa and then Hopkins, Duke and ND. Good thing they have a "breather" against St Johns.

Living in Connecticut, I used to get to games, over the years, at UMass, Brown, Princeton, Rutgers and East Rutherford.

No more.

Nice while it lasted.

You'll always have Met Life, my money is on one of the ACC games heading there this year. Personally, I wish they would play Army home and away. I dislike that SU doesn't play at Army or Albany, away games toughen a team and the roadtrip forms great bonds amongst the boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom