2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in...

A couple of observations regarding the schedule:
The Georgetown series seemingly is coming to an end after 18 years. Even more remarkable is the Rutger series; we've been playing them every year since 1979.
- That portion of the schedule from Albany thru Notre Dame is downright brutal (That's almost half of the season!).

Usually those NFL stadium games have a 2-year contract, so both teams lose their home game. UVa will probably play JHU @ M&T again this year as the second game of the series. (I loved how the JHU fans were claiming last year that playing in M&T really wasn't a home game for them. :rolleyes:) Didn't you guys play ND in the Meadowlands last year? If that was the first time, then you'll probably play them there again this year.

Someone on the Princeton thread on laxpower, says the Face-off classic will have Princeton versus Hopkins this year on Mar 2.

Three other big games that weekend: Syracuse-UVa, UMd-Duke, UNC-ND
but UNC's schedule puts the UNC-ND game in Chapel Hill on March 1
http://www.goheels.com/SportSelect.dbml?SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&SPID=12968&SPSID=667870

One might also note that Syracuse plays at UVa in basketball on 3/1 at 4 pm.
Looking like a good possibility of UVa-Syracuse being the other FO classic game.

Last edited:
Is that parade day? We always play JHU on parade day in Syracuse.

St-Patricks-Day-Printed-Paper-Top-Hat.png

This could be your year, Tomcat might even join you!
Alas, I will be in Greensboro that weekend, watching Syracuse win its first ACC basketball championship.

However, if SU somehow gets eliminated on Friday, I might cancel my flight home, rent a car and stop by to watch the Hopkins Massacre on my way back to Syracuse. Did you know it is 354 miles from Greensboro to Baltimore? Where are the bullet trains when you need them?

Alas, I will be in Greensboro that weekend, watching Syracuse win its first ACC basketball championship.

However, if SU somehow gets eliminated on Friday, I might cancel my flight home, rent a car and stop by to watch the Hopkins Massacre on my way back to Syracuse. Did you know it is 354 miles from Greensboro to Baltimore? Where are the bullet trains when you need them?

With your driving prowess that is a short drive through the country.

Regarding #2 I honestly could care less. They go to Albany not Syracuse so whether they get to play in front of there family and friends should be priority number 1 million when considering Syracuse's schedule. Albany is a few hours from Syracuse, if there family and friends want to see them play every home game its pretty easy for them to get to the games, its not like were talking about them playing for Denver. Plus Miles is only a Jr so he will have another chance to play against Syracuse in the Dome in 2015.

LOL, no kidding, I highly doubt syracuse is worrying about getting the three kids a chance to play in syracuse. give me a break.

albany can go scrimmage occ, cortland state or leymone then.

Agreed. I have watched a lot of episodes of Dukes of Hazzard over the years. Should be well prepared for any contingency.

Agreed. I have watched a lot of episodes of Dukes of Hazzard over the years. Should be well prepared for any contingency.

Be careful out there! The Va troopers are all over the place w/radar lately. I guess they need to build up the state treasury.

I know that the Virginia part of I-85, which goes from Greensboro to Richmond is fairly straight and has a speed limit of 70 mph.
Google estimates that you can go the 203 miles from Greensboro to Richmond in 3 hours and 3 minutes.
Of course, you might note that:
Virginia code explicitly defines the act of speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (or at any speed greater than 80 mph) as reckless driving.

Really wish the schedule would come out as I interesting to see how this plays out. One thing I question in the leaked schedule is that 4-5 game stretch where SU is on the road or at a neutral site. I find it hard to believe that those games will all be played together, if thats the case Syracuse wont have a home game for nearly a month and a half.

We'll know the schedule before SU releases it. Always that way.

From this press release on the Women's team:

Syracuse's home games against Canisius, Duke, North Carolina and Loyola will be doubleheaders with SU's men's team. Fans can use tickets from the Lax Pack to attend both games of the doubleheader.

The Men's team will have home games on Sun Feb 16 (Albany?), Sat Mar 29 (ND?), Sat April 12 (UNC), and Sat May 3 (Colgate?).

From this press release on the Women's team:

Syracuse's home games against Canisius, Duke, North Carolina and Loyola will be doubleheaders with SU's men's team. Fans can use tickets from the Lax Pack to attend both games of the doubleheader.

The Men's team will have home games on Sun Feb 16 (Albany?), Sat Mar 29 (ND?), Sat April 12 (UNC), and Sat May 3 (Colgate?).

Lax power is showing.

@JHU 3/5, Bingo 4/2, UNC 4/12, @Hobart 4/19, Colgate 5/3, which are all days you had before.

Someone on the Princeton thread on laxpower, says the Face-off classic will have Princeton versus Hopkins this year on Mar 2.

Three other big games that weekend: Syracuse-UVa, UMd-Duke, UNC-ND
but UNC's schedule puts the UNC-ND game in Chapel Hill on March 1
http://www.goheels.com/SportSelect.dbml?SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&SPID=12968&SPSID=667870

One might also note that Syracuse plays at UVa in basketball on 3/1 at 4 pm.
Looking like a good possibility of UVa-Syracuse being the other FO classic game.

UVA and SU not playing in face-off classic.

http://www.faceoffclassic.com/

UVA and SU not playing in face-off classic.

http://www.faceoffclassic.com/

Yeah, I noticed that. Duke vs UMd. UMd gives up a home game. 10:30 am start, perhaps they want to televise it before the basketball games come on.
I guess Tillman wanted to get a game in at M&T Bank stadium just in case he makes the final four.
It sucks for me, a much longer drive, higher ticket prices, and probably paying $20 just to park. Plus the concessions are costly (if you get there at 10:30 and stay and watch the 2nd game, you will probably want to eat something ... maybe I could tape something to eat to my calves.)

Wouldn't it be great if there was a rule that all teams released their schedules on the same day?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be great if there was a rule that all teams released their schedules on the same day?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using

From your keyboard to Swoffie's screen in Greensboro.

We're starting to get closer to the official release date. Last year the UVa schedule was released on Dec. 15. I think that's about when Greensboro gives everyone the OK to release roughly at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom