2015-16 Schedule Thread | Syracusefan.com

2015-16 Schedule Thread

I did a post on the schedule on Sunday.

We got the B4A: 3 of UConn, Charlotte, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Gonzaga, Washington
@ Georgetown-N
@ St. John's-N
Cornell
Colgate
I am thinking Purdue in the B1G-ACC
5 TBA
ACC
Home/Away: Boston College, Pitt, North Carolina, Florida State
Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Away: Duke, Louisville, Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest

So basically all we don't know are the 5 guarantee games I bet Long Beach State will be one of those five TBAs because their coach gets a cut off their guarantee games

Wow pretty damn tough slate next year, not even counting the road games at UL, Duke and VA

I did a post on the schedule on Sunday.

We got the B4A: 3 of UConn, Charlotte, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Gonzaga, Washington
@ Georgetown-N
@ St. John's-N
Cornell
Colgate
I am thinking Purdue in the B1G-ACC
5 TBA
ACC
Home/Away: Boston College, Pitt, North Carolina, Florida State
Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Away: Duke, Louisville, Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest

So basically all we don't know are the 5 guarantee games I bet Long Beach State will be one of those five TBAs because their coach gets a cut off their guarantee games
Purdue? Argh I hope not.

I hope SU gets Indiana in the ACC-B10 matchup. Indiana will be tough a team them next year but...

1. I would love to show the NCAA that our depleted roster can still compete against any team. JB does best when expectations aren't that high!

2. It would be nice to have JB beat Crean again.

3. It would be nice to show what Bryant would be missing.

I hope SU gets Indiana in the ACC-B10 matchup. Indiana will be tough a team them next year but...

1. I would love to show the NCAA that our depleted roster can still compete against any team. JB does best when expectations aren't that high!

2. It would be nice to have JB beat Crean again.

3. It would be nice to show what Bryant would be missing.

Indiana just played here 2 seasons ago.

jdubs30 said:
Purdue? Argh I hope not.

We're going to picked to finish around ninth in the conference. So Purdue seems about right.

We're going to picked to finish around ninth in the conference. So Purdue seems about right.

Says who, and behind who ?

I can think of Duke, North Carolina, Virginia (maybe and prob and they lost Anderson though) who else Louisville lost Rozier and Harrell and a few have left the program also, Notre Dame lost Grant and Connaughton. How many others are gonna be picked ahead of us ?

No way 9th in conference.

We will be picked in the 4th thru 8th area as will Purdue in the B1G.

UNC/UVA/Duke will be top 10 teams
Louisville/ND/NC State/Syracuse/Miami are the next tier for sure.

I hope we get MSU this year. They're usually vulnerable early on, not as highly rated as this past season, but will look like a great win come March.

My predictions for the ACC-B1G challenge

Duke-Maryland-Duke home
North Carolina-Ohio State- Ohio State home
Louisville-Minnesota-Minnesota home
Notre Dame-Michigan State- Michigan State home
Pittsburgh-Michigan- Pitt home
Virginia-Indiana- Virginia home
NC State-Wisconsin- NC State home
Boston College-Rutgers- Rutgers home
Wake Forest-Northwestern- Northwestern home
Georgia Tech-Penn State- Georgia Tech home
Clemson-Nebraska- Nebraska home
Florida State-Iowa- Iowa home
Miami- Illinois- Illinois home
Syracuse-Purdue- Syracuse home
Virginia Tech out.

These Big10 teams played on the road last year: Nebraska, Rutgers, Ohio St, Illinois, Minnisota, Michigan St, Iowa.

So our pool of teams is: Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn St.

We played Michigan last year and they are in the Battle For Atlantis so we can safely eliminate them.
We played IU two years ago and they will be ranked so we can likely eliminate them.
Maryland will be the headliner against Duke or UNC so they can be eliminated.

Northwestern and Penn St. are highly unlikely due to low expectations and general poor bball history so that leaves just Purdue and Wisconsin. If we are considered better, as good or close to Miami, NCst in the preseason conference rankings then we might get lucky and get Wisconsin because it looks and sounds like a better TV match up. That said Purdue seems the safest bet.

My predictions for the ACC-B1G challenge

Duke-Maryland-Duke home
North Carolina-Ohio State- Ohio State home
Louisville-Minnesota-Minnesota home
Notre Dame-Michigan State- Michigan State home
Pittsburgh-Michigan- Pitt home
Virginia-Indiana- Virginia home
NC State-Wisconsin- NC State home
Boston College-Rutgers- Rutgers home
Wake Forest-Northwestern- Northwestern home
Georgia Tech-Penn State- Georgia Tech home
Clemson-Nebraska- Nebraska home
Florida State-Iowa- Iowa home
Miami- Illinois- Illinois home
Syracuse-Purdue- Syracuse home
Virginia Tech out.
Louavul and Minny played a regular OOC game last year (the Pitino Bowl?). I don't know if they have a return game already scheduled for this year.

Do you remember when they announced the B1G/ACC matchups for this past season?

Louavul and Minny played a regular OOC game last year (the Pitino Bowl?). I don't know if they have a return game already scheduled for this year.
Yeah it was the Military Classic neutral site game played in Puerto Rico on a military base on 11-11 for Veteran's Day.

Pitino is quoted as saying he wants to play Minnesota in the B1G-ACC challenge in MN next year if possible. So I think the conferences will accommodate that request.

These Big10 teams played on the road last year: Nebraska, Rutgers, Ohio St, Illinois, Minnisota, Michigan St, Iowa.

So our pool of teams is: Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn St.

We played Michigan last year and they are in the Battle For Atlantis so we can safely eliminate them.
We played IU two years ago and they will be ranked so we can likely eliminate them.
Maryland will be the headliner against Duke or UNC so they can be eliminated.

Northwestern and Penn St. are highly unlikely due to low expectations and general poor bball history so that leaves just Purdue and Wisconsin. If we are considered better, as good or close to Miami, NCst in the preseason conference rankings then we might get lucky and get Wisconsin because it looks and sounds like a better TV match up. That said Purdue seems the safest bet.

That's quite logical how you came to that conclusion. Makes total sense rather than my usual method of throwing random guesses out there for matchups I'd like to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom