2015 Battle for Atlantis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Battle for Atlantis

Wow this is amazing news. Can anyone post a link, I would really appreciate it.

Link--Twilight-Princess--the-legend-of-zelda-317906_1280_1024.jpg

would have been nice to get our senior raxmas the bahama gig. not to far from st.croix. and great competition. i'll definitely check it out next year. (ps court looks church league. best flatten the arc on long shots)

Last edited:
I've heard rumors that with the proper diet you can get to Atlantis right in your computer chair...and to the payside as well. I wish we lived in a truly free country where we'd have more people who could confirm or refute this. Inquiring minds want to know!

I know it's over a year away but according to Wikipedia, next year's Battle for Atlantis will include Syracuse, Gonzaga, and...UConnvict. So in two years we could potentially be playing UConn, G'town, and Nova. It's almost like we never left.

Which is a problem when we did leave. By retaining relationships with former Big East teams we have made our schedule one of the toughest in the nation. That can help us and it can hurt us.

Cuse hoops, tropical weather, and gambling. What more could you ask for?

God knows I love my SU sports but I just cannot fathom going to Maui or the Bahamas and sitting inside watching hoops.

For those of you going to Atlantis, do your research on what type of atmosphere you want. Some of the resort areas are very busy and loud. Others are much quieter.

And just be prepared to pay a fortune for everything and to be nickeled and dimed to death. Atlantis charges for everything.

For those of you going, enjoy.

God knows I love my SU sports but I just cannot fathom going to Maui or the Bahamas and sitting inside watching hoops.

For those of you going to Atlantis, do your research on what type of atmosphere you want. Some of the resort areas are very busy and loud. Others are much quieter.

And just be prepared to pay a fortune for everything and to be nickeled and dimed to death. Atlantis charges for everything.

I went to Maui for the tournament last year ... and it was a week of great fun... nothing like you describe. We sat inside for a total of exactly six hours to watch three great (winning) basketball games. Otherwise, we visited beaches, did great sightseeing and ate/drank at some fabulous restaurants. If it had not been for the Maui Tournament, I never would have gotten to Hawaii for the first (and probably only) time in my life.

I went to Maui for the tournament last year ... and it was a week of great fun... nothing like you describe. We sat inside for a total of exactly six hours to watch three great (winning) basketball games. Otherwise, we visited beaches, did great sightseeing and ate/drank at some fabulous restaurants. If it had not been for the Maui Tournament, I never would have gotten to Hawaii for the first (and probably only) time in my life.

Yeah, I probably should caveat it that I'd be going with family and wife and daughter would have zero interest in the games.

You went with a bunch of like-minded SU fans so it was just another nice thing you did together.

cto said:
I went to Maui for the tournament last year ... and it was a week of great fun... nothing like you describe. We sat inside for a total of exactly six hours to watch three great (winning) basketball games. Otherwise, we visited beaches, did great sightseeing and ate/drank at some fabulous restaurants. If it had not been for the Maui Tournament, I never would have gotten to Hawaii for the first (and probably only) time in my life.[/QUOTE I went to Maui too. Saw more games than CTO but also got sun and pool time. Pool time where I showed off my orange nails to Ennis!
]

I went to Maui too. Saw more games than CTO but got pool time in too. Where I showed off my orange nails to Ennis!

I hope to make it to atlantis too.

We did an Atlantis vaca back in April of '08, it's spectacular! That high water tube slide into the shark tank is awesome...so is that huge lazy river. I do recall everything being extremely expensive, though. They strategically didn't have any water fountains at any of the several pool areas, so you couldn't fill up water bottles, etc. A 20 oz. bottled water was something like $7-$8...so, as stated by another, you'll certainly be nickel and dimed...would love to go back though, catching SU hoops to boot is booty in itself. ;):)

Sporting events are a convenient excuse for seeing other parts of the country, or world. Whether it's a four-day outing to Chicago, Houston, NYC, Tampa, New Orleans, or CNY... Or a longer trip to Maui or the Bahamas.

I'll be at Atlantis in 9 days, so likely won't be making the trip next year. I love Atlantis... there are even some affordable options if you avoid their hotels. There's nothing like taking in their quiet beaches in the morning with some adult beverages in tow. Next take in some slides and the Current followed by a relaxing lunch at Virgil's (yummy BBQ with a bottle of bubbles works for us). In the evening take a stroll along the marina and grab dinner there as well. One day grab a cab into town and enjoy some of the local flavor. If there's SU hoops then enjoy the games and then enjoy the resort following the final whistle. We make use of great taxi service for airport and in-town transportation.

My family might be up for this. Can someone PM me with some info and tips?

Sporting events are a convenient excuse for seeing other parts of the country, or world. Whether it's a four-day outing to Chicago, Houston, NYC, Tampa, New Orleans, or CNY... Or a longer trip to Maui or the Bahamas.

I'll be at Atlantis in 9 days, so likely won't be making the trip next year. I love Atlantis... there are even some affordable options if you avoid their hotels. There's nothing like taking in their quiet beaches in the morning with some adult beverages in tow. Next take in some slides and the Current followed by a relaxing lunch at Virgil's (yummy BBQ with a bottle of bubbles works for us). In the evening take a stroll along the marina and grab dinner there as well. One day grab a cab into town and enjoy some of the local flavor. If there's SU hoops then enjoy the games and then enjoy the resort following the final whistle. We make use of great taxi service for airport and in-town transportation.
Do you mean affordable options within the Atlantis resort itself?

This is so true. Because of SU basketball, I've spent time in places I had never visited... e.g., Salt Lake City, Miami Beach, San Jose, Memphis, Niagara Falls, Charlottesville, Louisville, New Orleans, etc ... even places like Cleveland where one can spend an entire day in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Going to new places is more than just a two-hour basketball game...

couldn't agree anymore with this. it was a great mix of syracuse basketball and maui. it was an amazing trip and one that I don't think I could top.

Would love to see West Virginia-Big XII, Rutgers-Big Ten, and one Big East Catholic school get some of the remaining 5 slots to TBA to go along with Syracuse, UConn, Gonzaga and have a Big East reunion down in the Bahamas.

This is so true. Because of SU basketball, I've spent time in places I had never visited... e.g., Salt Lake City, Miami Beach, San Jose, Memphis, Niagara Falls, Charlottesville, Louisville, New Orleans, etc ... even places like Cleveland where one can spend an entire day in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Going to new places is more than just a two-hour basketball game...
this is now 2x in this thread that youve thrown me a loop.

how is that youve never been to Hawaii or even miami...before SU hoop got you to go there??

i guess hawaii, i could understand...but miami??

not 1x for pleasure??

and jack never scheduled a meeting in south beach???

Does anyone have direct contact information for purchasing tickets for the games only?

I wanted to get tickets before I shell out $$$ for Airfare and Hotel

this is now 2x in this thread that youve thrown me a loop.

how is that youve never been to Hawaii or even miami...before SU hoop got you to go there??

i guess hawaii, i could understand...but miami??

not 1x for pleasure??

and jack never scheduled a meeting in south beach???
GE has lots of meetings in Florida, but they all seem to be in Boca Raton or Orlando or the St Petersburg area. Not a single one in Miami that I attended. I had even been to Key West three times... before I got to Miami Beach.

Battle 4 Atlantis field set for 2015 (ESPN)

PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- The 2015 Battle 4 Atlantis field has a chance to deliver a number of Top 25 teams and rekindle lost rivalries, including one broken up by a bitter conference realignment divorce.

Syracuse, UConn, Michigan, Gonzaga, Texas, Washington, Texas A&M and Charlotte will be in the event Nov. 25-27, 2015, at the resort in the Bahamas, organizers announced Friday during the championship game between Wisconsin and Oklahoma...

If the committee were smart that bracket Texas-Texas A&M, Gonzaga-Washington, Syracuse-UConn, Charlotte-Michigan as first round matchups.

3 of 4 would have history.

pretty good mix of teams. lots of questions would Gonzaga and Washington like to avoid be pairing up since they already have a series starting in 2016 ,will texas-a+m allow a matchup of one another