2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Sorry UEO but Simms is unlistenable. That hillbilly has trouble stringing two coherent sentences together. I will give him this - NOBODY hung in the pocket better than Simms. Tough as nails. And therein may lie the problem. He got dinged one too many times.

As for Brady and his picks- he threw 7 this year behind one of the weakest OLs in the league. Your boy is an interception machine, averaging 18 per year over his career.

or 16. which even if you throw out his best, 9 INTs as a rook and worst 27 in 2013, its still 16.

Eli's a gunslinger.

like favre.

only with more rings.

less ints.

and a lot more hate.

people like to take shots at him because hes not as good as Peyton or Brady. but Giants fans dont care, nor do we care about his INTs, most are understandable.

Simms certainly took some hits, the famous 4th & 17...18 yards to Bobby Johnson, being a great one, but i am stunned at how much hate hes gotten here.

or 16. which even if you throw out his best, 9 INTs as a rook and worst 27 in 2013, its still 16.

Eli's a gunslinger.

like favre.

only with more rings.

less ints.

and a lot more hate.

people like to take shots at him because hes not as good as Peyton or Brady. but Giants fans dont care, nor do we care about his INTs, most are understandable.

Simms certainly took some hits, the famous 4th & 17...18 yards to Bobby Johnson, being a great one, but i am stunned at how much hate hes gotten here.
I honestly don't hate the guy. I just think he is a terrible football commentator. He is doing the top games thus he has a large platform. Put him in studio or the kiddie games and I could careless.

He just shouldn't be on the A team. However, he is just keeping that seat warm for Peyton as everyone knows it is if he wants it.

been shoveling...or lying on the floor in pain, while drinking...all weekend so i gave all my thoughts to brady to have him post them here, but they were intercepted and didnt connect...go figure.

anywho, love to see the Simms hate...just confirmed to me that he is clearly the BEST analyst out there, so glad hes doing SB50.

clear example of another of the boards rules...when you are confused as to which side of the argument to be on...go read the board, see which way the wind is blowing...then take the opposite side and you will find yourself correct.

the patsys are 1 pete carroll boneheaded decision from being this generations buffalo bills.

LOOSAH'S

Since 2005 yes but they did win 3 out of 4 from 2001-2004.

Eli's a gunslinger.

like favre.

only with more rings.

less ints.

and a lot more hate.

I don't hate Simms. He seems like a good guy. He's just a tough listen. Not surprising that an ex-athlete not properly trained would come off kinda shaky as a broadcaster.

Eli has played 11 full seasons and to be exact has averaged 17.3 picks over those 11 years. Eli has had a weird career. Nobody can take away the two SB titles but there have been a lot more years where he has been decidedly average. He commits a lot of turnovers and more often that not TOs can decide the outcome of a game. As we saw yesterday in Denver.

I don't hate Simms. He seems like a good guy. He's just a tough listen. Not surprising that an ex-athlete not properly trained would come off kinda shaky as a broadcaster.

Eli has played 11 full seasons and to be exact has averaged 17.3 picks over those 11 years. Eli has had a weird career. Nobody can take away the two SB titles but there have been a lot more years where he has been decidedly average. He commits a lot of turnovers and more often that not TOs can decide the outcome of a game. As we saw yesterday in Denver.
ive seen every snap he's taken, has he had some bad ints? sure, every QB does. He also leads the league in 'whatever' ints. They don't matter, but his count gets up.

heres a stat...Manning is the third quarterback in NFL history with at least 44,000 career yards, 290 touchdowns, four Pro Bowl appearances and two Super Bowl championships, joining John Elway and Tom Brady.

ive seen every snap he's taken, has he had some bad ints? sure, every QB does. He also leads the league in 'whatever' ints. They don't matter, but his count gets up.

heres a stat...Manning is the third quarterback in NFL history with at least 44,000 career yards, 290 touchdowns, four Pro Bowl appearances and two Super Bowl championships, joining John Elway and Tom Brady.

Maybe I have a bias as an Eagles fan cuz he's had some brutal TOs against the Birds. He's had ten seasons where he's never won a playoff game. That pretty much underscores the up and down nature of his career.

Maybe I have a bias as an Eagles fan cuz he's had some brutal TOs against the Birds. He's had ten seasons where he's never won a playoff game. That pretty much underscores the up and down nature of his career.
tough stat for sure.

kind of a fun with numbers, but whatever, he'll be in the HOF.

the 08 season really irks me.

not just because your iggs beat them (they have a history of winning many battles, while the Giants end up winning the war) but because they were rolling...until they werent.

coming off that big win in 42, they were set to repeat.

Earth, Wind & Fire backfield, Eli low int #s.

got to 10-1 then Fn plax shoots himself and the wheels come off in a hurry.

they managed to beat the skins to go to 11-1, but then lost 3 out 4 down the stretch and then the playoff game.

so Fn annoying.

Now 58 pages later. Broncos SB champs!!!!! Looking back on all these pages there were some hilarious projections. #1 DEFENSE. Does anyone get that yet? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never seen a #1 D slept on more or disrespected more. All through the year I've welcomed all the really good teams and qb's we've had to play, with open arms. I've asked to play the best teams in the playoffs, and got it. Now I'll double down on that thinking. It's party time in Denver!!! A lot of narratives to be written.

Today is a good day in Bronco land...

Now 58 pages later. Broncos SB champs!!!!! Looking back on all these pages there were some hilarious projections. #1 DEFENSE. Does anyone get that yet? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never seen a #1 D slept on more or disrespected more. All through the year I've welcomed all the really good teams and qb's we've had to play, with open arms. I've asked to play the best teams in the playoffs, and got it. Now I'll double down on that thinking. It's party time in Denver!!! A lot of narratives to be written.

Today is a good day in Bronco land...
Your team won. Congrats. To victor goes the spoils. I will not say anything negative. I was wrong about Denver. Their D was awesome and the best team won the title. Enjoy the title as it can never be taken away.

After QB the most important positions are DE and CB and Denver had A+ players not 1 but multiple at both positions.