Class of 2015 - 2015 Rankings | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 2015 Rankings

Francis03 said:
Scout updated top 100 today. 23)Bryant 24)Richardson 41)Papagiannis 42)Jones 45)Diagne 71)Howard 74)Lydon Richardson fell down 7 spots. Bryant 12 spots. Jones 29 spots. Diagne 21 spots. Howard 13 spots. Lydon 11 spots.

What do you think of the players that moved ahead of them? I don't see many bluebloods amongst the ones that committed. LSU, Washington, Memphis, Illinois etc. Are those guys better than ours?

Richardson at 24? Jones at 42 and Lydon out of the top 70...

Heresy
Bama fan shocked.jpg

My first thought when I saw Jones ranking was that you would've had that reaction lol.

What do you think of the players that moved ahead of them? I don't see many bluebloods amongst the ones that committed. LSU, Washington, Memphis, Illinois etc. Are those guys better than ours?

Well, that's just a matter of adding insult to injury. That's accomplished by picking players who are the most obscure one's possible but do play well enough that you have some plausible deniability if accused of picking those players just to rattle our cage.;)

Howard is making his way back from injury, so I expected his rankings to take a bit of a dip since there will be other players that will improve their stock. Lydon hasn't been putting up big numbers this spring and I expected him to be around the 51-75 range. When it comes to Richardson. Most of these scouts have only seen him recently this spring. In that time frame he has averaged close to 20ppg on a team that had the best record in the top league in AAU ball. I've seen players for years who perform like that have their rankings go up and not down when they're committed to one of the premier blue bloods. I can understand if Diagne dropped a few spots, but him falling by an average of 20 spots is quite ridiculous. Once again I'll stand by my thought that it wouldn't happen if he was committed to one of the main top tier schools. Obviously you disagree with that and like any member on this board you are entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. Like I said before I don't think it's a specific grudge or hate on SU, but I do find it very funny and interesting that our guys tend to trend down and not up in the rankings over the past few years. Rankings are set for the purpose like this to have something to debate and talk about, whether we agree with it or not. That's why I always try to watch as many full games and judge these players myself, so that I can make my own evaluations and not have to rely on the Evan Daniels and Paul Biancardi's of the world.

Francis03 said:
Howard is making his way back from injury, so I expected his rankings to take a bit of a dip since there will be other players that will improve their stock. Lydon hasn't been putting up big numbers this spring and I expected him to be around the 51-75 range. When it comes to Richardson. Most of these scouts have only seen him recently this spring. In that time frame he has averaged close to 20ppg on a team that had the best record in the top league in AAU ball. I've seen players for years who perform like that have their rankings go up and not down when they're committed to one of the premier blue bloods. I can understand if Diagne dropped a few spots, but him falling by an average of 20 spots is quite ridiculous. Once again I'll stand by my thought that it wouldn't happen if he was committed to one of the main top tier schools. Obviously you disagree with that and like any member on this board you are entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. Like I said before I don't think it's a specific grudge or hate on SU, but I do find it very funny and interesting that our guys tend to trend down and not up in the rankings over the past few years. Rankings are set for the purpose like this to have something to debate and talk about, whether we agree with it or not. That's why I always try to watch as many full games and judge these players myself, so that I can make my own evaluations and not have to rely on the Evan Daniels and Paul Biancardi's of the world.

Sometimes a player drops because another player has risen. That why I asked about players that rose above our guys. Especially those connected to schools that aren't our equal and aren't bluebloods.

From what I have seen, players who verbal to SU often get a big bump in the ratings almost immediately. Take someone like Lydon, who was pretty much unknown and unrated before verballing to SU.

But while it seems to me that a large number of our verbals get serious respect, especially after establishing themselves in major camps and tournaments, they often fall just short of burger boy respect. We seem to have a large percentage of our verbals fall just outside McDonald's AA team status.

So SU players get a lot of respect but not that instant legitimacy a handful of other programs might get.

On the other hand, it seems like SU players are rated higher by the NBA than many media experts expect and often also get drafted earlier than expected.

In the grand scheme, it is probably better to be well regarded by NBA people than by college basketball's self appointed experts.

sutomcat said:
From what I have seen, players who verbal to SU often get a big bump in the ratings almost immediately. Take someone like Lydon, who was pretty much unknown and unrated before verballing to SU. But while it seems to me that a large number of our verbals get serious respect, especially after establishing themselves in major camps and tournaments, they often fall just short of burger boy respect. We seem to have a large percentage of our verbals fall just outside McDonald's AA team status. So SU players get a lot of respect but not that instant legitimacy a handful of other programs might get. On the other hand, it seems like SU players are rated higher by the NBA than many media experts expect and often also get drafted earlier than expected. In the grand scheme, it is probably better to be well regarded by NBA people than by college basketball's self appointed experts.

I agree with all that. Only thing is the the burger game and player ratings are 2 different entities. Isn't the burger game just a bunch of old men sitting around picking them?

Another thought is that maybe it's not directly bias towards other blue blood programs, but possibly that when some of these guys commit early they are less interesting to them and their recruiting stories and typically don't receive many other offers from additional schools after committing. In contrast other guys who may "blow up" and get lots of new offers and attention will sky rocket since they seem to have more productive springs with increased offers and attention. Granted there are obviously high profile guys who are committed that disprove this to an extent, but the top 5-7 are usually at a level above so hard to mess that up.

Sometimes a player drops because another player has risen. That why I asked about players that rose above our guys. Especially those connected to schools that aren't our equal and aren't bluebloods.
Yes, other players will see their stock go up but that wasn't my point. I'm talking about our guys who were in the top 25 seeing their rankings trend down by 20 spots. Can you name me a recent UNC, Duke, and UK commit that was dropped down 20 spots when they were ranked in the top 25? One service had McCullough ranked #1 overall at the end of 2012 and now he ended up at 33 I believe. I can understand his ranking taking a dip but 30 spots down from #1 smh that's ridiculous. You honestly think if he was BBN bound that would've happened?

Scout updated top 100 today.
23)Bryant
24)Richardson
41)Papagiannis
42)Jones
45)Diagne
71)Howard
74)Lydon

Richardson fell down 7 spots. Bryant 12 spots. Jones 29 spots. Diagne 21 spots. Howard 13 spots. Lydon 11 spots.
So that's exactly an average drop of 15 counting our commits. lol
Coinkeedink!

Francis03 said:
Yes, other players will see their stock go up but that wasn't my point. I'm talking about our guys who were in the top 25 seeing their rankings trend down by 20 spots. Can you name me a recent UNC, Duke, and UK commit that was dropped down 20 spots when they were ranked in the top 25? One service had McCullough ranked #1 overall at the end of 2012 and now he ended up at 33 I believe. I can understand his ranking taking a dip but 30 spots down from #1 smh that's ridiculous. You honestly think if he was BBN bound that would've happened?

I think many ratings are done too early and given to too much fluctuation.

The great thing about being and SU fan, and enjoying recruiting is that we will debate for then next 6 months who SU should target for a spot that is not yet open in regards to Bryant and Jones. On top of that we will start debating who we need to lock up for two years from know.

No matter what the ratings are for these guys I know that they're a bunch of studs and will be ready to come in a compete and contend for another championship! To hell with the "experts", they'll prove them wrong time and time again on the court

I wasted money for the last 2 years paying for cusenation.com the rating games is a joke! Bunch of us were giving it to scout and Brian Dohn about why all the Rutgers players are rated and most Cuse recruits aren't Brian Dohn said because his publisher asked him to rate the Rutgers recruits. So I said screw scout, any publication that will bend over backward to take care of a program that has had like 4 winning seasons in the programs history is an absolute joke! The only reason rankings matter is the perception of the program it matters to the kids being recruited more so in football than basketball. If it is a big deal to the players then hopefully our players come in with that chip on their shoulders to prove them wrong.

LOL I guess. Scout explanation was that Malachi's effort and production was inconsistent this spring. So I guess averaging close to 20ppg on a team that finished with the best record in the EYBL is caused for a rankings dip. They also said Diagne lacked offensive skills and was raw, which automatically lets me know that they have not properly evaluated him. Raw and lacking offensive refinement is the last thing you could say about him. Then Lydon, who is known for his athleticism and being scrappy on the boards, now according to them is not really that athletic and could stand to be a little more aggressive on the boards. Geez we must have been watching different players than these guys then.

This is why it makes so little sense to pay for recruiting info from SKout or Reevals. Sure, the rankings are fun, but subjective. The video clips are the most worthwhile content they offer, but there's always YouTube and more kids are doing their own highlight videos these days.

The numbers are one thing...but I'm more horrified by scouts complete lack of cohesive review of these guys. If you say Diagne is raw you might as well write " I have never watched this guy"

The numbers are one thing...but I'm more horrified by scouts complete lack of cohesive review of these guys. If you say Diagne is raw you might as well write " I have never watched this guy"
What's really funny to me is that they could spend 10 minutes on a real website and have the information at their fingertips. I guess too lazy, biased, ignorant, what have you.

Crystal ball Jerry updated the 247 rankings today.

247 Top 225 6/28
24)Bryant
28)Jones
56)Diagne
63)Richardson
79)Lydon
87)Howard

Bryant dropped 13 spots, Jones dropped 11 spots, Diagne dropped 32 spots, Richardson dropped 37 spots, Lydon dropped 27 spots, Howard dropped 33 spots.

No comment.

247 Top 225 6/28
24)Bryant
28)Jones
56)Diagne
63)Richardson
79)Lydon
87)Howard

Bryant dropped 13 spots, Jones dropped 11 spots, Diagne dropped 32 spots, Richardson dropped 37 spots, Lydon dropped 27 spots, Howard dropped 33 spots.

No comment.

I'm seeing Mali at 28 - must have been an error in rankings move and it was fixed. Also seeing Moose at 45.

247 Top 225 6/28
24)Bryant
28)Jones
56)Diagne
63)Richardson
79)Lydon
87)Howard

No comment.

Also...I might be completely wrong on this, but didn't Mali light Luke Kennard up who is a 5 on this list an about ten spots higher?

247 Top 225 6/28
24)Bryant
28)Jones
56)Diagne
63)Richardson
79)Lydon
87)Howard

No comment.

Obviously that performance in Colorado Springs where Tyler led the team in rebounding and made 60% of his three pointers was worthy of a 27 spot drop. Makes total sense - yep. How can I sign up for his job?

247 Top 225 6/28
24)Bryant
28)Jones
56)Diagne
63)Richardson
79)Lydon
87)Howard

No comment.
Well I guess they must be right, after all they are experts

Also...I might be completely wrong on this, but didn't Mali light Luke Kennard up who is a 5 on this list an about ten spots higher?
Yup and he has Kennard ranked at 17 and Mali nearly 50 spots behind lol. Trust me Kennard is not 50 spots better than Mali but that's ok. Meyer is good for comedy relief.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom