2015 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2015 Schedule

Odd numbered year ... usually means Cornell, Hopkins, UVA and Duke at home. :D

I'm guessing that Army will replace Maryland in their usual slot (late Feb)

I'm wondering if the Albany game has been moved to another weekend or they were dropped from schedule.

I'm wondering if the Albany game has been moved to another weekend or they were dropped from schedule.

Personally I hope they dropped the Albany game, its a no win situation for Syracuse especially know that only Lyle is left. I know some sites have been pumping up Albany that they could be as good as last year because of the new talent but I think thats a huge stretch. Not only did they lose Ty and Myles they lost there two best defenders and there best two way middie. With Syracuse's schedule as tough as it is already I have no issue dumping this game.

1/24 Tri scrimmage vs Hofstra & Le Moyne
1/31 Scrimmage TBA
2/7 Siena
2/15 Cornell
TBA Army, location TBA
2/28 UVa
TBA St John's, location TBA
3/14 Hopkins
3/21 Duke
3/28 @ Notre Dame
4/2 Albany
4/11 @ UNC
4/14 Hobart
4/24-26 ACC Championship @ PPL Park
5/2 @ Colgate

Credit to Jesterlax over on the syracuse thread at lax power. Obviously not official but it coincides with what we have been hearing.

A few quick thoughts.

Like the fact Syracuse got Siena in before the Cornell game but christ Feb 7th is nuts to start lax season (if correct).

Seems Albany will be on the schedule, wish we dropped them but theres probably a lot of pressure to keep them on the schedule. Seems Albany and Cornell flip flopped in the normal part of the schedule, seems odd to me as Cornell is projected to be pretty good as they return nearly all of there offense - D takes some hits.

Army's back on the schedule as predicted so OrangeExtreme will be very happy. I cant recall when we didnt play Army at home so I would be pretty surprised if we played them on the road. St. Johns (if true) is on the schedule again as well. I think this is a really smart move. They lose a ton on offense so Syracuse should roll here, really helps to lighten the load on the overall schedule. St. Johns hasnt played at SU in a while but it might be better to play them on the road this year to get another home game next year when the schedule flips again and most games on the road ie JHU, UVA, Duke, Cornell etc.

The gauntlet part of the schedule seems to be 3/14 - 04/11 when Syracuse plays Hopkins, Duke, ND, albany and UNC, with two games on the road including at UNC. Not sure I love the fact that if this schedule is true we play @ UNC on 4/11 then Hobart at home on 4/14, thats asking for trouble.

ACC looks to be absolutely loaded again. ND returns a ton of people including there best two offensive players, Duke loses a ton on offense and D plus that faceoff guy is finally gone but Class and Jones are back at Middie so expect a battle there. UNC returns a lot and they get there great young faceoff off guy Kelly back from a fractured wrist. No idea what to make of UVA yet.

We opened with Siena last year on Monday Feb 10.

It's NEVER too early to start. :cool:

Albany on a Thursday night? Maybe it's Friday April 3 instead?

1/24 Tri scrimmage vs Hofstra & Le Moyne
1/31 Scrimmage TBA
2/7 Siena
2/15 Cornell
TBA Army, location TBA
2/28 UVa
TBA St John's, location TBA
3/14 Hopkins
3/21 Duke
3/28 @ Notre Dame
4/2 Albany
4/11 @ UNC
4/14 Hobart
4/24-26 ACC Championship @ PPL Park
5/2 @ Colgate

Credit to Jesterlax over on the syracuse thread at lax power. Obviously not official but it coincides with what we have been hearing.

A few quick thoughts.

Like the fact Syracuse got Siena in before the Cornell game but christ Feb 7th is nuts to start lax season (if correct).

Seems Albany will be on the schedule, wish we dropped them but theres probably a lot of pressure to keep them on the schedule. Seems Albany and Cornell flip flopped in the normal part of the schedule, seems odd to me as Cornell is projected to be pretty good as they return nearly all of there offense - D takes some hits.

Just my opinion, but the premier program in college lacrosse shouldn't succumb to 'pressure' to keep a game.

Army's back on the schedule as predicted so OrangeExtreme will be very happy. I cant recall when we didnt play Army at home so I would be pretty surprised if we played them on the road.

Agree - I would be shocked if this game were not in the Dome.

St. Johns (if true) is on the schedule again as well. I think this is a really smart move. They lose a ton on offense so Syracuse should roll here, really helps to lighten the load on the overall schedule. St. Johns hasnt played at SU in a while but it might be better to play them on the road this year to get another home game next year when the schedule flips again and most games on the road ie JHU, UVA, Duke, Cornell etc.

Well, we do need to keep up our NYC presence - we are New York's College Team® ;)

The gauntlet part of the schedule seems to be 3/14 - 04/11 when Syracuse plays Hopkins, Duke, ND, albany and UNC, with two games on the road including at UNC. Not sure I love the fact that if this schedule is true we play @ UNC on 4/11 then Hobart at home on 4/14, thats asking for trouble.

Totally agree - brutal stretch

ACC looks to be absolutely loaded again. ND returns a ton of people including there best two offensive players, Duke loses a ton on offense and D plus that faceoff guy is finally gone but Class and Jones are back at Middie so expect a battle there. UNC returns a lot and they get there great young faceoff off guy Kelly back from a fractured wrist. No idea what to make of UVA yet.

Agreed - the only thing that could possibly make it tougher is if MD hadn't sold out.
Bring it! (Expand the quote to see my comments)

We opened with Siena last year on Monday Feb 10.

It's NEVER too early to start. :cool:

Albany on a Thursday night? Maybe it's Friday April 3 instead?

Yeah I would assume Fri night would be it, Syracuse has a history of playing big Fri night games at home that deep into the season so I suspect your right.

2/28 UVa

No idea what to make of UVA yet.

We don't have an idea what to make of us. One comment on the Sabre was that we're probably going to be playing 2015 with the 2016 team.

We don't have an idea what to make of us. One comment on the Sabre was that we're probably going to be playing 2015 with the 2016 team.

Been tough to get a read on UVA the past few years to be honest. I know you guys had some pretty decent losses due to graduation. Cant put my finger on it but the past 2-3 years since that last title something seems off about UVA.

Been tough to get a read on UVA the past few years to be honest. I know you guys had some pretty decent losses due to graduation. Cant put my finger on it but the past 2-3 years since that last title something seems off about UVA.
Definitely agree. If you read through the lacrosse board on the Sabre you can see we're all at a loss to explain why we're in the state we're in.

Definitely agree. If you read through the lacrosse board on the Sabre you can see we're all at a loss to explain why we're in the state we're in.

I think its probably a variety of reasons but from what I can see from an outsiders perspective its a few things.

Starsia seems to have lost a bit on the recruiting trail, gusy who would normally end up at UVA are now heading to Duke, UNC, Maryland etc. Not that UVA didnt have recruiting battles with those schools earlier but it just doesn't seem UVA is winning the share it used to, also not getting any of the Stanwick brothers probably hurt a lot.

UVA seems to have taken a step back offensively. Still a good O (evidence by the nearly 2o pts u put up against us this past spring) but not the elite level offenses that UVA had through the years especially most of the 2000's.

Also I think a lot like Syracuse your goalie and X play has been just average or in some cases below average. LIke Syracuse UVA would normally boost an above average or elite faceoff guy and or Keeper, not sure UVA has had either of those in a while.

I think UVA and Syracuse have had a lot of the same issues the past few years but Syracuse being in the BE a few years ago when we really had a down year helped us at least make the tourney and I think overall recruiting and ability to use OCC as a JUCO pipeline have put us in a slighly better position. I wonder if it might be time for UVA to start talking to Starsia about winding it down as hard as that conversation probably is going to be its getting about that time.

Starsia's present contract runs through 2016 (just signed an extension). From what folks say, he plans to be on the sideline until it runs out.

UVA seems to have taken a step back offensively. Still a good O (evidence by the nearly 2o pts u put up against us this past spring) but not the elite level offenses that UVA had through the years especially most of the 2000's.

I think, in particular, Starsia has been missing out on the big time attackmen. It's sort of like in today's game, one almost has to recruit 2 top ones to get one really good one. Starsia has Pannell and Lukacovic, who have to come through for him. Then he is hoping that good recruits like Van Arsdale, D'Amario, or French will step it up a notch for the 3rd man. In the end, it will probably lead to an attack that is very good but not outstanding, but most of the top teams will have at least a very good attack unit, and some will have an outstanding attack unit.

UMd rode such an attack to the NCAA final, when Cummings was a senior, but a team really has to have everything else playing well for them.

UVa's defense has some new faces on it, especially at ssdm, and that needs to gel. UVa needs one of their goalies, Barrett or Marino, to start playing like the top ranked talent he was. Zed needs start doing it at the midfield to give UVa a dangerous midfield group. Parks does a solid job at FO for UVa.

FYI: the St. John's game will be played at Kennesaw State, just like in 2014.

FYI: the St. John's game will be played at Kennesaw State, just like in 2014.

You sure?

Duke and Denver are playing there Feb 14. There's nothing on Liam Banks' website about hosting two games this season.

You sure?
That's what I was told yesterday by someone from SUAD.
Perhaps he was confused? He would definitely be in a position to know.

You sure?

Duke and Denver are playing there Feb 14. There's nothing on Liam Banks' website about hosting two games this season.
I heard that things were finalized a week ago Friday. But as you say, nothing on LB3's website.
A game on March 7 or 8 would tie in with SU Spring Break and lead up to the game with Hopkins.

Numerous mentions on LP that Penn will play ACC #5 in the showcase game on April 25 at the Philly Union MLS stadium in Chester.

Numerous mentions on LP that Penn will play ACC #5 in the showcase game on April 25 at the Philly Union MLS stadium in Chester.
Makes sense, given the location. And good move by Penn, especially if they need a good win if they're close to qualifying for the NCAA's.

Makes sense, given the location. And good move by Penn, especially if they need a good win if they're close to qualifying for the NCAA's.

Or if the ACC #5 team needs a win. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom