2015 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Schedule

With the loss of Danseglio, UVa looks pretty likely to be playing Penn. One never knows for sure though.
I believe that makes 5 starters gone from last year's UVa defense, in a league with some pretty potent offenses.

Probably just the way you predicted.

LOL, I think we did try to predict the schedule but Syracuwe always pulls a weird team out there so its almost impossible to get 100% correct. See Binghamton last year, probably wont be on this year.

Updated with times...
Sat. 2/7……..Siena 4:00
Sun. 2/15…….Cornell 4:00
Sun. 2/22…….Army 7:00
Sat. 2/28…….UVA 4:00
Sat. 3/7……..vs St. John’s @ Kennesaw TBA
Sat. 3/14…..Hopkins 2:00
Sun. 3/22…..Duke 2:00
Sat. 3/28…..@ ND 12:00
Thu. 4/2…….Albany 7:00
Sat. 4/11…..@ UNC 4:00
Tue. 4/14…..Hobart 7:00
Fri/Sun 4/24&26….ACC Tourn. @ PPL Park, Chester, PA
Sat. 5/2…….@ Colgate 3:30
Pretty strange schedule if you ask me, start with four at home and only three road games. Not one game at home on a Saturday after mid-March? That Hopkins slot used to be the third game of the year, now it is the halfway point. And I really don't know why they couldn't find a game for Saturday April 4th, so dumb not to have a game every weekend when you are jamming games into the beginning of February now.

And I really don't know why they couldn't find a game for Saturday April 4th, so dumb not to have a game every weekend when you are jamming games into the beginning of February now.

Must be a reason why the Albany game is on a Thursday night and not that Friday or Saturday.

Must be a reason why the Albany game is on a Thursday night and not that Friday or Saturday.

Agreed. It does not appear that SU basketball is a conflict as the final four is that weekend in Indianapolis. Maybe it has something to do with television. As great as it is that games are on tv it kind of takes away from the attending experience when they have such strange start times.

The long break between Albany and UNC could be kind of tough.

Glad to see that Cornell is early in the season and on a weekend. That game during the week can be challenging. It is also nice to get the game out of the way.

They must want to have the Hobart game during the week to prevent some of the crazies from Geneva from attending. It was on the weekend at Hobart last year and was a ton of fun to attend. Selfishly, I am disappointed that there are so many week home games as it is impossible for me to travel to the dome for a weeknight from Rochester.

Fine, then play Albany on Wednesday and get someone else on the schedule that weekend. Instead of playing Siena the first week in Feb, play someone of that ilk in mid April.

They must want to have the Hobart game during the week to prevent some of the crazies from Geneva from attending. It was on the weekend at Hobart last year and was a ton of fun to attend. Selfishly, I am disappointed that there are so many week home games as it is impossible for me to travel to the dome for a weeknight from Rochester.
Actually, I think last year was the first time this game was not on a Tuesday since the mid-2000's. This is just a return to the norm.

EDIT: 2007 was the last time this game was not on a Tuesday (Sunday afternoon). Then all the way back to 2000 game was usually on a Tuesday (with one Wednesday in 2002).

Updated with times...
Pretty strange schedule if you ask me, start with four at home and only three road games. Not one game at home on a Saturday after mid-March? That Hopkins slot used to be the third game of the year, now it is the halfway point. And I really don't know why they couldn't find a game for Saturday April 4th, so dumb not to have a game every weekend when you are jamming games into the beginning of February now.

Looks like were playing one less game then last year as there is no lower tier team midway through like Binghamton was last year. Might be due to playing in the scrimmages in the preseason as you can only play a certain # of games.

That Hopkins through Hobart stretch is freeking brutal, nothing like last year but pretty close.

Actually, I think last year was the first time this game was not on a Tuesday since the mid-2000's. This is just a return to the norm.

EDIT: 2007 was the last time this game was not on a Tuesday (Sunday afternoon). Then all the way back to 2000 game was usually on a Tuesday (with one Wednesday in 2002).

Thanks!

It was a lot of fun...especially with how the game started for Hobart. The drive up to the campus I saw a bunch of college kids tailgating. It just had a big game feel.

Updated with times...

@ UNC on 4/11 and @ Kennesaw on 3/7 might draw this kid out of FL.

@ UNC on 4/11 and @ Kennesaw on 3/7 might draw this kid out of FL.

Probably a good bet that the game at Kennesaw won't be on TV. Last year's wasn't.

Probably a good bet that the game at Kennesaw won't be on TV. Last year's wasn't.

Beyond odd that, that game was not televised. Terrible job by the ACC and SU.

Updated with times...

Another miserable schedule for out of towners.

Sigh.

You sure?

Duke and Denver are playing there Feb 14. There's nothing on Liam Banks' website about hosting two games this season.
How could you ever have doubted me? :)

@orangelax: announced yesterday, @SUMensLax and @ColgateLacrosse matchup will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.

@orangelax: announced yesterday, @SUMensLax and @ColgateLacrosse matchup will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.

Good news, though I am pretty sure Time Warner would have picked up the game. Hopefully Syracuse is trying to work out coverage of the St. Johns game but I doubt it.

Good news, though I am pretty sure Time Warner would have picked up the game. Hopefully Syracuse is trying to work out coverage of the St. Johns game but I doubt it.

You'll just have to deal with my p-b-p in the chat room again. ;)

B5Ob0djCEAE9QGn.jpg

Eight Home Games Highlight 2015 Schedule (Cuse.com)

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Syracuse University men's lacrosse team will face eight teams ranked in this year's Inside Lacrosse Face-Off Yearbook Top 20 poll, including six of the top 10, as part of its 2015 schedule, released today by head coach John Desko. This year's slate features dates with seven NCAA Tournament teams from last season, including both national championship game participants...

Eight Home Games Highlight 2015 Schedule (Cuse.com)

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Syracuse University men's lacrosse team will face eight teams ranked in this year's Inside Lacrosse Face-Off Yearbook Top 20 poll, including six of the top 10, as part of its 2015 schedule, released today by head coach John Desko. This year's slate features dates with seven NCAA Tournament teams from last season, including both national championship game participants...

That Hopkins through Hobart stretch of the schedule is going to be rough sledding. Going to be critical that SU is 5-0 going into that stretch. UVA and Cornell probably the toughest games though UVA lost a ton to graduation and attrition.

That Hopkins through Hobart stretch of the schedule is going to be rough sledding. Going to be critical that SU is 5-0 going into that stretch. UVA and Cornell probably the toughest games though UVA lost a ton to graduation and attrition.

What a great schedule.

Only two week night games, at Colgate May 2nd in the afternoon, can you say Seven Oaks, no conflict with the Spring game.

Just about perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom