Oct. 10 at South Florida
Oct. 17 at Virginia
Oct. 24 PITT
Oct. 31 at Florida State
Nov. 7 at Louisville
Nov. 14 CLEMSON
Nov. 21 at NC State
Nov. 28 BOSTON COLLEGE

I am happy with this. Would have liked the September 12th game to have been on the road so the schedule would be better balanced, would have liked the bye a couple of weeks later, but this is about as good as we could have hoped for.

As others have said, getting Pitt and BC broken out so we don't play them in consecutive weeks was needed and will be helpful.

Good job Dr Gross, Herm and the ACC!

All the schools only have one bye. Season is starting Sept 5th versus the end of August like it has the past few years.
Well that makes sense, although I did like the season starting earlier. It's one less weekend you don't have to worry about not having nothing to watch on the weekend though.

Well that makes sense, although I did like the season starting earlier. It's one less weekend you don't have to worry about not having nothing to watch on the weekend though.

Labor Day is Sept 7.

The season always starts the Thursday before Labor Day (Sept 3 this year).

Last year Labor Day was Sept 1.

Central Mich will have a new coach too! Fyi couldn't hurt us.

Sets up well for a good start and great tailgating early, but couldn't be worse for me personally. Was planning on roadies to USF and UVa and now they are b2b. And niece getting married October 24th in Oswego. Going to be tough but I may just be the best dressed man in the Dome for the Pitt game.

JeremyCuse said:
All the schools only have one bye. Season is starting Sept 5th versus the end of August like it has the past few years.

So we get a bye week 1.

JeremyCuse said:
To be honest it may actually help attendance, all those festivals, wine tours, apple BS and other activities that are going on in October will no longer be competing with Syracuse home games. Personally I wish we were home for Halloween but the weather has usually taken a turn for the worse by then anyway. September is usually a great month for Syracuse weather so 4 straight home games could mean t shirt and shorts all the way through. I cant get dissapointed about that.

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain. I have 2 early October weddings, both on Friday nights, so I won't miss a game. One of them is a bye. But I know I'll be selling my tix to one of the September games. Four weekends in a row is too much for this out of towner.

Best possible scenario IMO. We got a weak ACC game in week 2 and got a bye for week 5 before the schedule really ramps up... Can't ask for much more than that on top of 7 home games.

Best chance possible to be bowl eligible before Halloween. If not, the last two of the season offer the opportunity to get to 6.

Honestly love the schedule.

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain. I have 2 early October weddings, both on Friday nights, so I won't miss a game. One of them is a bye. But I know I'll be selling my tix to one of the September games. Four weekends in a row is too much for this out of towner.

You get invited to more weddings then a Catholic priest. At least you wont have to make a random trip up here in the early summer for some guys wedding. ;)

Im guessing if the admin moves the Rhode Island game to Friday you will probably end up skipping that one. Would be nice if they kept it on Saturday though and gave us a 7 or 8pm kickoff, would be awesome.

love the time for the UVA game -- weather will be great in charlottesville for that. NC State in Nov. can be nice weather too -- looking forward to getting to those two games hopefully.

I'll take those LSU tickets off your hands ;), either way I'll be flying in for that one.

Games for eight weeks in a row after the bye kind of sucks. Wish we could have gotten a bye after six weeks to prepare for the home stretch.
we could assume the FSU is a loss and not send the starters to florida..

Last year's looked moderately difficult but then when you look at how many other teams were coming off bye weeks to play the Orange it looked impossible. Unless they stayed healthy, which clearly they did not.

With the above schedule no ACC teams are coming off byes playing the Orange. Huge positive. Wake Forest has a ten day rest but it's early in the year. This schedule on paper is much better than last year.

OrangeXtreme said:
Sept. 5 RHODE ISLAND Sept. 12 WAKE FOREST Sept. 19 CENTRAL MICHIGAN Sept. 26 LSU Oct. 3 OPEN Oct. 10 at South Florida Oct. 17 at Virginia Oct. 24 PITT Oct. 31 at Florida State Nov. 7 at Louisville Nov. 14 CLEMSON Nov. 21 at NC State Nov. 28 BOSTON COLLEGE

Excellent schedule. Of course a few tweaks would make it better but it is worlds better than last year.

Kinda sucks, though. October, great time of year in Syracuse, and there's one home game.

Well, the powers that be didn't want to impose against all them good folks that have to rake the leaves, get an early start at Xmas shopping, etc. :);)

Sept. 5 RHODE ISLAND
Sept. 12 WAKE FOREST
Sept. 19 CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Sept. 26 LSU
Oct. 3 OPEN
Oct. 10 at South Florida
Oct. 17 at Virginia
Oct. 24 PITT
Oct. 31 at Florida State
Nov. 7 at Louisville
Nov. 14 CLEMSON
Nov. 21 at NC State
Nov. 28 BOSTON COLLEGE

Excellent schedule.

Last year's looked moderately difficult but then when you look at how many other teams were coming off bye weeks to play the Orange it looked impossible. Unless they stayed healthy, which clearly they did not.

With the above schedule no ACC teams are coming off byes playing the Orange. Huge positive. Wake Forest has a ten day rest but it's early in the year. This schedule on paper is much better than last year.

Good catch on the opponents' bye schedules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom