Oct. 10 at South Florida
Oct. 17 at Virginia
Oct. 24 PITT
Oct. 31 at Florida State
Nov. 7 at Louisville
Nov. 14 CLEMSON
Nov. 21 at NC State
Nov. 28 BOSTON COLLEGE
I believe the reason for changing the 1st game on Labor Day Weekend was because on a long weekend they were better off playing Friday night because many went away and Friday was a better attendance than Saturday.

This schedule is so much better comparing it to last years. In my opinion, no excuses to not become bowl eligible. If SS doesn't get us bowl eligible this year... Not good.

No just abo

No just about with only 13 reg season weeks only 1 bye
well there is no rule against 2 byes.. you dont have to schedule 12 games. also is there a rule against counting a game against the same team? could you schedule the worst D1 school 4 times and get 4 OC wins?

MadisonCuse said:
I'll take those LSU tickets off your hands ;), either way I'll be flying in for that one.

I'm not missing the LSU game.

Anybody have a problem with the Spring game being the day before Easter?

Okay I see us starting 4-1. Then splitting UVA/Pitt to get to 5-2, and then we lose 3 in a row. 5-5 going into @NC State and BC. Ideally we sweep those last 2, but at worst splitting.

The bar go get to 6-6 is easy without major injuries and our offense being somewhat better.

northacuse said:
Anybody have a problem with the Spring game being the day before Easter?

Yes, but I expected it. Not good for out of towners.

The optimist in me sees us bowl eligible by the FSU game. Seriously, there is only one guaranteed loss the first 7 games. Yes Pitt & UVA (and maybe even USF) can be losses but they can also be wins. The middle stretch is brutal & a 5-2 start has to happen!

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain. I have 2 early October weddings, both on Friday nights, so I won't miss a game. One of them is a bye. But I know I'll be selling my tix to one of the September games. Four weekends in a row is too much for this out of towner.
I am totally with you with how unlikely it is to be able to do 4 weekends in a row. I like the schedule, its just going to be tough to get a majority in this year. The late start (9/5) definitely helps this year.

I love the way this schedule lays out. The Bye week is about as good as anyone could ask – 4 games under the belt before the meat of the season. 7 home games.

Close with Home, Away Nov 21 (nit state), Home. S/B no weather issues for the nit state game.

Both end games are winnable.

Definite road trip to UVA.

9-3

Sets up well for a good start and great tailgating early, but couldn't be worse for me personally. Was planning on roadies to USF and UVa and now they are b2b. And niece getting married October 24th in Oswego. Going to be tough but I may just be the best dressed man in the Dome for the Pitt game.
My son is getting married on Rhode Island Saturday...his future wife is not a Football fan. Grrr but other than that he hit a homerun with her.

JSOrange97 said:
I am totally with you with how unlikely it is to be able to do 4 weekends in a row. I like the schedule, its just going to be tough to get a majority in this year. The late start (9/5) definitely helps this year.

I think four weekends in a row will hurt out of town attendance in addition to three of the four games being our weakest opponents.

This will be HCSS's last year, the Pitt, FSU, UL, Clemson, NC St., BC stretch is absolutely brutal.

Honestly next year should be the first year since 1991 we start 3-0. If not we are in for another long year.

I said that this year. But I'm on board with you.

Sept. 5 RHODE ISLAND
Sept. 12 WAKE FOREST
Sept. 19 CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Sept. 26 LSU
Oct. 3 OPEN
Oct. 10 at South Florida
Oct. 17 at Virginia
Oct. 24 PITT
Oct. 31 at Florida State
Nov. 7 at Louisville
Nov. 14 CLEMSON
Nov. 21 at NC State
Nov. 28 BOSTON COLLEGE

Since FSU is on Halloween, the team should go dressed as Oregon...

Should be some fun trips to cny for some football, start the season ! After cuse basketball and football seasons this year, we need a fresh start!

Like this schedule a ton. It'll be tough towards the end, but getting 4 victories in the first 5 full weeks in the season should put them in a good spot later on down the road. Think they beat BC and UVA in the second half of the season.

Trueblue25 said:
This will be HCSS's last year, the Pitt, FSU, UL, Clemson, NC St., BC stretch is absolutely brutal.
Yes it's tough but not end of world ESP if we start out well

Has anyone received the cusenews email announcement yet?

They appear to have screwed up the home and away game color coding...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom