2015 | Syracusefan.com

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I was thinking with the number of offers flying out to HS juniors it seems on the surface that the staff is really targeting 2015 as their year. I don’t ever recall any Cuse staff making this many offers to junior – maybe that’s just the information age – but the # of 2015 offers has got my attention.

Makes sense as they settle in, assess the team needs and re-establish their contacts and sell a new team, facilities, academics, locale etc.

Now they have to close the deal but I’m liking what I see for the future (still a gripe with hitting the regional prospects harder) but that said it should be interesting to see what they put together for ‘junior days’ and then getting these kids on campus early. We have a decent success rate once the kid gets on campus. If you’re recruiting a kid for a long time and establish that relationship with him your odds of getting him on campus for an unofficial probably increase significantly.

Personally i'd like to see offers going out sooner and sooner. Most of these kids that were just offered have already been offered and recruited since their freshman years. Even if it seems we are offering sooner, we are still a year behind most schools. Even up north a lot of the top NJ kids have already been on multiple visits, and have been offered by all of the big regional schools, plus others. I know our chief competitor down there has already had a lot of success getting a ton of 2015 kids on campus. We're really behind the 8 ball due to location, but we have to find a way to overcome that. If we want seriously want to be a player again in NJ for the top talent there we need to start identifying talent earlier and earlier. Same goes for the South x 2. There is going to be a pretty good regional RB recruit from New Rochelle, who already has visits planned. Other then the camp kids, I believe the only 2015 prospect we have had on campus is Chris Clark. Hopefully we can get a bunch of kids up to games this year, it's tough since it's a decent drive for most kids, but we have to try. We also really need to capitalize on this Duke game. Hopefully we see 25+ kids.

It will be interesting to see if Hunt jumpstarts what was shaping up as a lackluster offense, and helps us win games / get to a bowl.

Because if those things happen [versus us struggling all year to get "W's"], we might see a lot of commits in the class of 2014 over the next few weeks.

With the new IPF completed by next summer, the stars could be aligning for a good class of 2015. Just need to keep winning football games. That is the biggest selling point.

I was thinking with the number of offers flying out to HS juniors it seems on the surface that the staff is really targeting 2015 as their year. I don’t ever recall any Cuse staff making this many offers to junior – maybe that’s just the information age – but the # of 2015 offers has got my attention.

Makes sense as they settle in, assess the team needs and re-establish their contacts and sell a new team, facilities, academics, locale etc.

Now they have to close the deal but I’m liking what I see for the future (still a gripe with hitting the regional prospects harder) but that said it should be interesting to see what they put together for ‘junior days’ and then getting these kids on campus early. We have a decent success rate once the kid gets on campus. If you’re recruiting a kid for a long time and establish that relationship with him your odds of getting him on campus for an unofficial probably increase significantly.
Phat,the key words and very true are "sealing the deal"We have historically chummed up these kids but fail to bring them into the "family" Liking us is a almost a defacto result from many of these kids but when a big time result program comes knocking they open the door and hug them to the alter.We have been bridesmaids more than we want to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom