2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Kingsbury - Folks in Lubbock would be more than willing to accept Briles with open arms.

Butch Jones? - I think the Tennessee crowd is ready for him to go.

I think Baylor will be in the market for another coach, if anyone will touch that toxic place. Weird . . . . happens in Waco, not a good place to be.

Does Helfrich survive at Oregon?
I think Helfrich is out, they aren't going to put up with mediocrity, not with Phil Knight calling the shots.
I agree Helfrich is gone at Orygun; their message board is "duck eat duck" right now and they need to replace melted servers on at least a daily basis.

Watch for Larry Fedora from UNC-CHeat to get one of the jobs in TX. In addition to the positives about what he's done with SoMiss and the Tar Holes, leaving Chapel Hell will get him away from the NCAA's impending hammer drop.

Last edited:
Oregon is supposed to be all over Scott Frost from reports coming out

Butch Davis is going to take the FIU coaching job per reports

Butch Davis is going to take the FIU coaching job per reports
He's been itching to get back in the business. Rumor is that if Richt had not fallen into their lap last year, Miami would have brought Davis back.

Saw this gem on ESPN

"There's talk heating up in Oregon that Phil Knight is ready to throw insane $10M+ a year money at a football coach. He's 78, wants a title."

Saw this gem on ESPN

"There's talk heating up in Oregon that Phil Knight is ready to throw insane $10M+ a year money at a football coach. He's 78, wants a title."
$10 M for the HC, another $10M for assistants and "incidentals"?

Saw this gem on ESPN

Yep, Knight is gonna break the bank. Problem is who do you throw it at? If your upset with Oregon's offense now then you can't go pay Les Miles. Guessing Art Briles is tough sell up there with his baggage. The bloom is off the Tom Herman rose at Houston these days. I mean who is on the market? He can't bring Chip Kelly back as some think the NCAA won't allow that as Chip ran when the violations came down.

It really comes down to Frost, PJ Fleck, Larry Fedora who might want to bolt UNC before the hammer comes down. Bryan Harsin maybe? Short of going after an NFL coach and just overpaying them I don't know who you will get at Oregon.

Yep, Knight is gonna break the bank. Problem is who do you throw it at? If your upset with Oregon's offense now then you can't go pay Les Miles. Guessing Art Briles is tough sell up there with his baggage. The bloom is off the Tom Herman rose at Houston these days. I mean who is on the market? He can't bring Chip Kelly back as some think the NCAA won't allow that as Chip ran when the violations came down.

It really comes down to Frost, PJ Fleck, Larry Fedora who might want to bolt UNC before the hammer comes down. Bryan Harsin maybe? Short of going after an NFL coach and just overpaying them I don't know who you will get at Oregon.

For 10 million? That gets you at least a passing discussion with anyone not named Saban.

And I mean anyone.

What about Brian Kelly? At 3-6 in his 7th year you have to think Notre Dame is going to be thinking about going in a new direction as well.

For 10 million? That gets you at least a passing discussion with anyone not named Saban.

And I mean anyone.

Who is the "anyone" though? Name names!

You aren't getting Harbaugh to leave Michigan or Urban to leave Ohio St. Dabo ain't leaving Clemson. Saban ain't going to Oregon. Wanna make a run at Bob Stoops...I guess you could try. Jimbo Fisher I don't see leaving the south as he has a recruiting base and too many in-roads down there to move across the country.

But who else? Name 1 NFL coach who would leave an NFL job they are safe in to go back to college for a gig? And the NFL coaches who aren't safe who would chase the money to take a college job like Oregon are probably guys Oregon won't want.

I just don't see a guy out there you can throw $10 million at and realistically "get."

You aren't getting Harbaugh to leave Michigan or Urban to leave Ohio St. Dabo ain't leaving Clemson. Saban ain't going to Oregon. Wanna make a run at Bob Stoops...I guess you could try. Jimbo Fisher I don't see leaving the south as he has a recruiting base and too many in-roads down there to move across the country.

But who else? Name 1 NFL coach who would leave an NFL job they are safe in to go back to college for a gig? And the NFL coaches who aren't safe who would chase the money to take a college job like Oregon are probably guys Oregon won't want.

I just don't see a guy out there you can throw $10 million at and realistically "get."

Petrino!!!

Strong with his current OC could be an option.
Oregon will want someone from the Kelly or Briles coaching trees.

Oregon stupidly hired Helfrich when they had an alum at Boise State named Chris Peterson. Peterson took the Washington job a year later.
Oregon was another team that hired the painter when the architect left. You don't hire internally it fizzles out unless you are a factory and even there is fizzles out.

Oregon will look at Tom Herman or Scott Frost at UCF as he won't be getting that Nebraska job after Riley turned it around.

Jimbo hates Tallahassee. Especially with the divorce and everything. He'd consider it, and at 10 million I think more than considers it.

So who's taking over LSU and USC

MARRONE!!!

Please, please let Chip Kelly go back to Oregon. He's a horrible NFL coach and it's been miserable being a 49ers fan with him as your coach.

Ga. State fired their coach, Trent Miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom