2016 Face-Off Yearbook: Strength of Schedule Rankings | Syracusefan.com

2016 Face-Off Yearbook: Strength of Schedule Rankings

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Notre Dame is Inside Lacrosse's No. 1 team in the 2016 Face-Off Yearbook. They'll also have the nation's hardest schedule.

Based on Face-Off Yearbook's preseason rankings, The Irish's top 10 opponents average the highest ranking. Taking a nod from the NCAA Tournament criteria, Strength of Schedule was determined be ranking the sum total of each team’s top 10 opponents (i.e. No. 1 was worth 69 points, No. 2 was worth 68 points, etc.).

Virginia, Face-Off Yearbook No. 7, has the second toughest schedule in the country, followed by Duke, North Carolina and Syracuse. Some notable ones: Georgetown has a No. 8 SOS, and Penn has No. 11. Denver is Face-Off Yearbook No. 2, but it has the 16th-toughest schedule.

Notre Dame is Inside Lacrosse's No. 1 team in the 2016 Face-Off Yearbook. They'll also have the nation's hardest schedule.

Based on Face-Off Yearbook's preseason rankings, The Irish's top 10 opponents average the highest ranking. Taking a nod from the NCAA Tournament criteria, Strength of Schedule was determined be ranking the sum total of each team’s top 10 opponents (i.e. No. 1 was worth 69 points, No. 2 was worth 68 points, etc.).

Virginia, Face-Off Yearbook No. 7, has the second toughest schedule in the country, followed by Duke, North Carolina and Syracuse. Some notable ones: Georgetown has a No. 8 SOS, and Penn has No. 11. Denver is Face-Off Yearbook No. 2, but it has the 16th-toughest schedule.

Top 5 I don't see a ton of difference in strength of schedule, you could easily make a case that each of those teams has the #1 SOS

Top 5 I don't see a ton of difference in strength of schedule, you could easily make a case that each of those teams has the #1 SOS
You might even argue that the others have an even more difficult schedule because they have to play the number one team in the country and Notre Dame does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom