2016 Mets | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Let's not give up on June 1st, with three guys out.

They better fix things in a hurry, this offense is putrid. Kelly, Plawecki, Flores are automatic outs right now. Conforto is in the worst slump of his career, Grandy outside of those two games against the Dodgers has done nothing, this team is in major trouble.

you cant survive with 4 of the main pieces hurt and the 2 hitters you have in slumps. but staying with 2-3 games also means if comforto ever hits again they can go right back to the top.

Stat of the day: Per Gary Cohen, (by way of Elias): To date the Mets have hit more home runs than any Met team in history at this point- and scored fewer runs than any Mets team in 27 years. So much for "Moneyball". You've got to have more than one way to score. You can't just wait for a home run.

Stat of the day: Per Gary Cohen, (by way of Elias): To date the Mets have hit more home runs than any Met team in history at this point- and scored fewer runs than any Mets team in 27 years. So much for "Moneyball". You've got to have more than one way to score. You can't just wait for a home run.

That's a pretty crazy stat. Some of that is offensive levels, but still, crazy. But really the biggest takeaway from moneyball was obp is king and they're 24th in the majors in OBP.

They're hitting 230/307/403 as a team this year. With men on base that drops to 223/298/378. With men in scoring position, 215/302/353. I can't believe there's a reason to think they should his substantially worse in those spots, so I have to think that'll even out as time goes on. But it's frustrating right now.

That's a pretty crazy stat. Some of that is offensive levels, but still, crazy. But really the biggest takeaway from moneyball was obp is king and they're 24th in the majors in OBP.

They're hitting 230/307/403 as a team this year. With men on base that drops to 223/298/378. With men in scoring position, 215/302/353. I can't believe there's a reason to think they should his substantially worse in those spots, so I have to think that'll even out as time goes on. But it's frustrating right now.

They have no depth with all the guys out but a line-up of Rivera-Loney-Walker-Cabrera-Flores-Conforto-Cespedes-Granderson and pitchers who can hit should be more productive than that. And with this pitching, we don't need murders row to win games. Just score 3-4 runs a game instead of 0-1.

They have no depth with all the guys out but a line-up of Rivera-Loney-Walker-Cabrera-Flores-Conforto-Cespedes-Granderson and pitchers who can hit should be more productive than that. And with this pitching, we don't need murders row to win games. Just score 3-4 runs a game instead of 0-1.

Yeah Conforto has basically been terrible for well over a month now. He's really hurting them.

Rivera and Flores against right handed pitching I think is pretty hopeless though

Let's not give up on June 1st, with three guys out.
How about June 8th... is that too soon?

I still say our pitching is too good and the NL too bad for us to not stay in contention for the year... but Sandy needs to rebuild this line up from top to bottom. Only two guys I trust are Conforto and Cespedes.

How about June 8th... is that too soon?

I still say our pitching is too good and the NL too bad for us to not stay in contention for the year... but Sandy needs to rebuild this line up from top to bottom. Only two guys I trust are Conforto and Cespedes.

And those guys aren't hitting right now. We are 3 and a half out, and the Nats aren't going away.

At this point, they should be pushing to aim for the wild card. The Nats won't slow down, IMO.

6-5, 11 hits. Conforto and Cespedes get big hits. Maybe we're bottoming out.

when the 2 big C's hit the team is fine. the couple of moves they made to get the the 1st basemen and the guy back from atlanta will help stabalize it bit too.. .250 hitters are still better than .200. having your 2 best hitters drop 30 pts on top of that is the issue.. And who knew they were going to lose the catcher who they expected to be a .275 hitter with some decent pop.

when the 2 big C's hit the team is fine. the couple of moves they made to get the the 1st basemen and the guy back from atlanta will help stabalize it bit too.. .250 hitters are still better than .200. having your 2 best hitters drop 30 pts on top of that is the issue.. And who knew they were going to lose the catcher who they expected to be a .275 hitter with some decent pop.

Well D'Arnaud gets hurt every year so I think they should have seen that coming. Plawecki just seems to fail in every opportunity he's given to take the job.

We are about to be swept by the worst team in baseball, truly pathetic, major changes need to be made.

I wonder what percentage of the Mets runs this season have been off of home runs? You can't just wait for a home run to score.

It was pathetic yesterday to see Inciarte stretch a single into a double, advance to third when Granderson lobbed the ball into the infield and then score on a passed ball that was 10 feet behind the catcher and see De Aza in the 9th rooted to first base when the Braves were giving him second and he would have been the winning run had Grandy gotten a clean single.

Get this team hustling!!!!

I wonder what percentage of the Mets runs this season have been off of home runs? You can't just wait for a home run to score.

It was pathetic yesterday to see Inciarte stretch a single into a double, advance to third when Granderson lobbed the ball into the infield and then score on a passed ball that was 10 feet behind the catcher and see De Aza in the 9th rooted to first base when the Braves were giving him second and he would have been the winning run had Grandy gotten a clean single.

Get this team hustling!!!!

Its about 55 pct, which leads all of baseball, and we are 28th in runs scored. I would have benched Grandy for falling asleep in the of and not getting the ball in, inexcuseable.

Unfortunately outside of Cespedes and the pitchers every player sucks. Can't fix the entire roster mid-season. I'd start by signing the Cuban 3rd baseman.

We are about to be swept by the worst team in baseball, truly pathetic, major changes need to be made.

Die hard Braves fan and even I have to admit that getting swept by them this year is really bad news. But I'm sticking with my team through the good and the bad.

Die hard Braves fan and even I have to admit that getting swept by them this year is really bad news. But I'm sticking with my team through the good and the bad.

Well you do have some young players who are about to come up, like Swanson, and Albies, it will take some time, but you guys are rebuilding.

Well you do have some young players who are about to come up, like Swanson, and Albies, it will take some time, but you guys are rebuilding.

Exactly. I can see the plan they have with the young prospects so I can be patient, especially after they gave me so many really good years.

Exactly. I can see the plan they have with the young prospects so I can be patient, especially after they gave me so many really good years.

It looks like the Braves are headed in the right direction, obviously though from the Mets point of view, you have to win at least two of those three games if your going to be a contender.

So this is rock bottom for the Mets. right? RIGHT?!?!

Hopefully. They can't play much worse than this. The issue is: do they keep playing like this?

So this is rock bottom for the Mets. right? RIGHT?!?!
I don't know what changes to make it better... Even if everyone hit for the averages on the back of the card we'd be in terrible shape.

This is why I was so shocked we drafted so much pitching in the draft... we are in dire need of positional prospects. I think the Mets need to see what the market for Harvey and Big Sexy. Wheeler will hopefully be ready after the ASB and Verret can be #5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom