2016 Mets | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Here is the thing, if Nimmo keeps this up, and Granderson continues to struggle, do you consider playing Nimmo and Lagares and benching Grandy?

I don't see Grandy as really struggling. I think he's probably giving you about what you should expect. Maybe he hits 245 instead of 230, but I dunno. He's a low average guy who is going to draw some walks and hit some homers.

flores needs to play more to hit at all , but his D will never justify playing that much

I don't see Grandy as really struggling. I think he's probably giving you about what you should expect. Maybe he hits 245 instead of 230, but I dunno. He's a low average guy who is going to draw some walks and hit some homers.

He isn't having an awful year, but his avg is down, and hes not drawing walks, and his arm in right has been awful. I am just thinking of a way to keep Nimmo in the lineup if he keeps playing like he is.

Now Matt Harvey has "thoracic outlet syndrome", which may require surgery that involves removing a rib. Either that, or he could get a nerve block to "get him through the season". The recovery time for surgery is 4 months. At 4-10 I suspect that doing it now is probably the better idea. I wonder if removing a rib would hurt his pitching.
Mets' Harvey weighing season-ending surgery

Signing Reyes has lit a fire under him, you can't get him out.

Maybe he should never have left. Who knows his domestic problems might have been impacted by frustrations over his career.

Oh what a night... Cespedes hurts his quad Thor leaves with arm fatigue mets are down 3-1.

Saturday is Judge Smails Hat Day at Citifield...

fedora.jpg

1st 15,000 fans get a hat and a free bowl of soup.

Saturday is Judge Smails Hat Day at Citifield...

fedora.jpg

1st 15,000 fans get a hat and a free bowl of soup.

I've never understood the Generic Promotional Young Man With The Hat, the Generic Blond Promotional Girl, or the Generic Not Blond Promotional Girl. Where'd they dig these people up? Couldn't they find a couple young New Yorkers to do this? Do they need to do this at all? Do they realize they're imitating the Natinals with this silly in-game blather?

Seems that SU's not alone in doing obnoxious promotional stuff during games these days. (And now I'll come in off the porch and stop yelling at the kids on the lawn.)

This weekend was a complete and utter embarrassment. We can't beat this team, we will be watching the playoffs from home this year.

Still in contention for a wild-card spot. If Thor is actually fine and Cespedes comes back soon, we can hang. Although this first stretch post-all star break will give us a clue into the rest of the way, IMO. If we can break even, our August and September schedule is very favorable.

for this team to have 5 out of the 6 best pitchers with issues, gone thru 3 catchers, had both corner infielders be gone most of the year, had every other infielder get hurt, had 1 OF sent down, and the other top 3 get hurt and still be in the wild card slot is pretty remarkable.

for this team to have 5 out of the 6 best pitchers with issues, gone thru 3 catchers, had both corner infielders be gone most of the year, had every other infielder get hurt, had 1 OF sent down, and the other top 3 get hurt and still be in the wild card slot is pretty remarkable.
And actually have a better record than at this point last year... while playing a tougher schedule (Phillies, Marlins, Nats and arguably the Braves at least recently) are all better

if you take murphy the way he is playing this year off the Nats the Mets are in first place by 4-5 games.

if you take murphy the way he is playing this year off the Nats the Mets are in first place by 4-5 games.

I don't think anyone saw this coming, 350 with 17 homers, hes been unreal.

The concept of a closer is that the guy is so overpowering that he can't be hit and he prevents anything from starting up. In the old days, your ace reliever was both a fireman and a closer, coming in when you were in trouble in the 7th or 8th inning, getting you out of trouble and finishing the game. After years of John Franco, Armando Benitez and now Jeurys Familia, I'm convinced that our closers actually prefer to pitch with men on base and put a couple of guys on to make it interesting and so they can bare down. I'd love to have a closer who just the dam door and we can all go home.

Probably the best win of the season, what a job by Familia, bases loaded no outs, and he gets out of it.

Anyone understand what the Mets are doing with Wilmer? He's arguably their hottest hitter but isn't starting every game? For example today Johnson is starting over Wilmer? Now you have quotes from Wilmer saying that his time will come whether it's with this team or another... this from the guy who cried because he thought he was traded. What the heck is Terry doing to the kid?

Anyone understand what the Mets are doing with Wilmer? He's arguably their hottest hitter but isn't starting every game? For example today Johnson is starting over Wilmer? Now you have quotes from Wilmer saying that his time will come whether it's with this team or another... this from the guy who cried because he thought he was traded. What the heck is Terry doing to the kid?

I think they really just want him to play against lefties? Small samples and all, but he has a 677 OPS against righties and a 1021 against lefties. Of course not like Johnson has hit well this year.

Also Terry is going to play Reyes every day pretty much no matter what.

That was an exciting game. Familia is bringing back Jose Lima (RIP) memories with making every save interesting.

I still can't bring myself to cheering for Reyes. I won't boo him but I just can't cheer him. On another note..what the hell was he thinking fielding that bunt at third. Let the ball go foul.

The trade market has been nonsense so far but if I'm the Mets I search for a short term rental in OF or 3b (Beltran/Nunez and Y. Escobar) and off one of their SS prospects. This would also free up Reyes to play more of utility role than an everyday player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom