2016 Mets | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

And once again our offense is completely inept.
Is Darnaud the worst defensive catcher in baseball? Also what the heck is wrong with Harvey... He seems to have lost about 2 to 3 mph on his fastball which I'm guessing is why he can't strike anyone out. I think the crazy innings from last fall have caught up to Harvey and DeGrom. I hope that they get their explosive heat back.

The more I see of cespedes the more I'm scared... He looks sooooo bad.

Is Darnaud the worst defensive catcher in baseball? Also what the heck is wrong with Harvey... He seems to have lost about 2 to 3 mph on his fastball which I'm guessing is why he can't strike anyone out. I think the crazy innings from last fall have caught up to Harvey and DeGrom. I hope that they get their explosive heat back.

The more I see of cespedes the more I'm scared... He looks sooooo bad.

I am losing faith in Darnaud by the day, he was never thought of as a great defensive catcher, but he was suppose to be able to hit. I don't know what is going on with Harvey, but he is getting shelled out there.

I am losing faith in Darnaud by the day, he was never thought of as a great defensive catcher, but he was suppose to be able to hit. I don't know what is going on with Harvey, but he is getting shelled out there.
I'm not sure Darnaud's bat will make up for basically any runner who wants getting a free pass to 2nd to get in scoring position. Its crazy that when the trade happened Darnaud was considered the primary asset and Thor the secondary one. Lol.
Right now Cabrera, Walker and Conforto look like keepers and everyone elf is playing like a scrub.

I'm not sure Darnaud's bat will make up for basically any runner who wants getting a free pass to 2nd to get in scoring position. Its crazy that when the trade happened Darnaud was considered the primary asset and Thor the secondary one. Lol.
Right now Cabrera, Walker and Conforto look like keepers and everyone elf is playing like a scrub.

Cabrera has played well, and I think Conforto is going to be a star, love him in the 3 spot, as for Walker, it looks like the 2b of the future is going to be Dilson Herrera, so this might be a one year deal for Walker. Right now the offense is alarmingly bad, we have had two good offensive games all year.

D'Arnaud hasn't really thrown that poorly this year. He rates out pretty well at pitch framing. He's not a great glove behind the plate though.
Harvey's fastball before today was right where it was last year, but he was down today. It could be the innings catching up to them, it could just be a day where the velocity is down, I'm not sure. I think it's fair to worry about where the strikeouts have gone though.

Forget about our on-field play, what was that awful cell-phone noise coming through on the broadcast?

Had me searching behind sofa cushions before Walker's home run, finally realized it was coming from Cleveland.

Forget about our on-field play, what was that awful cell-phone noise coming through on the broadcast?

Had me searching behind sofa cushions before Walker's home run, finally realized it was coming from Cleveland.

That and that damn drum, I know its their tradition, but its annoying.

dominant performance by matz
degrom scheduled to be back next wkend
offense woke up this wkend
and the nats finally lost a game!

lets hope we get on a little role here

dominant performance by matz
degrom scheduled to be back next wkend
offense woke up this wkend
and the nats finally lost a game!

lets hope we get on a little role here

The schedule is so inviting right now, next 3 series are the Phillies, Braves, and Reds. Of course they had Miami and Philly last homestand...

Still not a fan of the heart of our batting order. When Cespedes has 2nd and 3rd loaded with less than 2 outs he has zero excuse for not putting the ball in play. He seems very all or nothing these days... Stop trying to hit a damn home run every at bat and just get the ball in play.

The key will be those divisional games against the Marlins, Phillies and Braves. Beat up on them, which they haven't done so far and it's 36 wins (2-1 each series at minimum). Clearly the other goal is to never get swept in any series. Those will be the mini-battles through the season that will make or break the Mets for the wildcard-divisional race.

Next up Phillies. I was at a few of the Mets games against the Phils two weeks ago and Velesquez is a legit #2 or #1b. Kudos for the Phils getting him for Giles.

Still not a fan of the heart of our batting order. When Cespedes has 2nd and 3rd loaded with less than 2 outs he has zero excuse for not putting the ball in play. He seems very all or nothing these days... Stop trying to hit a damn home run every at bat and just get the ball in play.

He's gotta lay off those low and away sliders. If there's 2 strikes on him he'll swing at that pitch almost every time. I'm also not a fan of wright hitting 2nd.

Granderson
Cabrera
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Walker
Wright
D'arnaud

Or

Granderson
Walker
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Wright
Cabrera
D'arnaud

He's gotta lay off those low and away sliders. If there's 2 strikes on him he'll swing at that pitch almost every time. I'm also not a fan of wright hitting 2nd.

Granderson
Cabrera
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Walker
Wright
D'arnaud

Or

Granderson
Walker
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Wright
Cabrera
D'arnaud

I did like having Wright in the 2 hole, because he can go the other way, and he does draw walks, but I am starting to really like the thought of Cabrera hitting 2nd.

Granderson
Cabrera
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Walker
Wright
D'arnaud

Or

Granderson
Walker
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Wright
Cabrera
D'arnaud

Wright has hit pretty well this year, I think it's too early to move him down in the order. He's probably going to have one of the better OBP's in the lineup. I like going L-R whenever possible. Against righties I'd go

Granderson
Wright
Conforto
Cespedes
Duda
Walker
D'Arnaud
Cabrera

There's an argument to be made for flipping D'Arnaud and Walker; Walker is much better against righties; if you have Duda and Walker back to back you're asking for a lefty in the late innings.

I did like having Wright in the 2 hole, because he can go the other way, and he does draw walks, but I am starting to really like the thought of Cabrera hitting 2nd.
I thought the best play of the game was Cabrera bunting against the shift. I wish Duda would do this... he would get on every single time.

what an infuriating loss. i hate baseball season, the mets give me more sleepless nights than any of my teams

what an infuriating loss. i hate baseball season, the mets give me more sleepless nights than any of my teams

I'm glad we won the series, but ya thats a terrible way to lose a game, to a horrible team.

offense looks ok now
I think it's fool's gold... when they're hitting homers great but this team has zero ability to play station to station baseball. Last night was the perfect example.. they had so many opportunities to win that game by getting the first batter on base without any outs but they had no ability to advance the runner and instead struck out time after time. This hot streak is not going to be sustainable and we're going to be .500ish if the guys don't learn how to start grinding out hits.

well they had like 14 hits last night and only 2 HR. but the strike outs are a concern.

The idea that hitting home runs is a bad thing, or something to worry about, is one that I always enjoy.

They aren't going to hit 4 homers a game. But they have a lineup full of good hitters and they're gonna score a lot of runs this year.

well they had like 14 hits last night and only 2 HR. but the strike outs are a concern.
You have illustrated my point exactly... 14 hits led to only 4 runs where as Philly had 8 hits and 5 runs. We get men on base but seemingly the only way we drive them in is with the long ball. Home runs are great but if you're not hitting them you gotta figure out how to score runs and this team has not done that yet.

What happens when these guys stop seeing fastballs entirely? This will happen as the season goes on.

You have illustrated my point exactly... 14 hits led to only 4 runs where as Philly had 8 hits and 5 runs. We get men on base but seemingly the only way we drive them in is with the long ball. Home runs are great but if you're not hitting them you gotta figure out how to score runs and this team has not done that yet.

What happens when these guys stop seeing fastballs entirely? This will happen as the season goes on.

Cespedes has hit all his homers off curveballs. Conforto's homer on Tuesday was off a curveball. (And the Philly pitching staff throws more curveballs than any staff in baseball)

They had something of a rough game offensively last night. It's far from the end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom