2016 Mets | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

I am starting to get concerned about Harvey, he just isn't right, the Braves are a horrible offensive team, and they hit him around tonight. Maybe skipping him a start in the rotation might be helpful.

I'm real concerned about Harvey.

Unless there's something physically wrong with him (like an injury, not just mental or physical fatigue from the horror of having to pitch an extra month last season), this period of struggles could be a good thing for Harvey - it can't hurt to keep him motivated and maybe a bit humble.

Warthen's a pretty good teacher and I think Harvey's got all the tools needed to succeed. If he watches his peers overshadowing him, this could spark some extra effort and get him to hone his stuff with the help of those around him.

Unless there's something physically wrong with him (like an injury, not just mental or physical fatigue from the horror of having to pitch an extra month last season), this period of struggles could be a good thing for Harvey - it can't hurt to keep him motivated and maybe a bit humble.

Warthen's a pretty good teacher and I think Harvey's got all the tools needed to succeed. If he watches his peers overshadowing him, this could spark some extra effort and get him to hone his stuff with the help of those around him.

His velocity is down across the board, and he's losing velocity within a start more quickly than last year. I think it has to be physical. It could just be he's a little out of shape I suppose.

His velocity is down across the board, and he's losing velocity within a start more quickly than last year. I think it has to be physical. It could just be he's a little out of shape I suppose.

He does look heavier than last year.

Which is funny cause I thought he looked heavier last year than pre-surgery, and he was great. So I dunno

I would have to analyze pics to be sure, but just from the naked eye it looks like he gained 10-15 pounds from last year.

I would have to analyze pics to be sure, but just from the naked eye it looks like he gained 10-15 pounds from last year.

Not saying you're wrong, I was making the Fat Harvey jokes last year is all I'm saying.

This offense is home run or bust, it looks like we are about to be no hit.

Pitching staff is garbage

I wouldn't say that Matz is pitching really well, degrom and Thor haven't pitched well in their last outings, but up until then were pitching well. Harvey has to get his act together.

I wouldn't say that Matz is pitching really well, degrom and Thor haven't pitched well in their last outings, but up until then were pitching well. Harvey has to get his act together.

They're third in MLB in team ERA. Not too bad

I post at the Metsrefugees.com board. It's super frat-boy ish, but there's a lot of people on that site that have a lot of knowledge about the Mets.

Granted, go there without your sensibilities easily offended though. Some of the language tossed about is quite awful.

They're third in MLB in team ERA. Not too bad

That's because the bullpen has been lights out. Our starters haven't been elite so far this season.

Harvey had his best outing of the season today though...10Ks, one bad pitch for a 2-run HR. Encouraging outing for him today.

LOL are any of the people posting here actually Mets FANS? Not one single post commenting about Bartolo Colon's HR last night, the talk of not just NYC but the baseball world yesterday. I recall one of the Mets radio announcers saying it was the number one trending topic on Twitter for a while.

But then, that's some GOOD news about the Mets, and the Debbie Downers who post on this thread aren't interested in good news. You all are the Igors of baseball.

LOL are any of the people posting here actually Mets FANS? Not one single post commenting about Bartolo Colon's HR last night, the talk of not just NYC but the baseball world yesterday. I recall one of the Mets radio announcers saying it was the number one trending topic on Twitter for a while.

But then, that's some GOOD news about the Mets, and the Debbie Downers who post on this thread aren't interested in good news. You all are the Igors of baseball.

I'm a HUGE Mets fan, have been since 97', and Colon's Home Run last night was one of the best Met moments of my life not involving the 2015 World Series or Johan Santana on June 1st, 2012.

Gary Cohen's call on TV was amazing. His voice cracked and he almost exploded.

I'll add that apparently Igor has been ill, but recently posted some nice comments about JB and the team last season. I wish he would do so at other times too, like when the team DOESN'T make the final four, but still...

I'm a HUGE Mets fan, have been since 97', and Colon's Home Run last night was one of the best Met moments of my life not involving the 2015 World Series or Johan Santana on June 1st, 2012.

Gary Cohen's call on TV was amazing. His voice cracked and he almost exploded.

That was crazy, I thought Cohen was going to fall out of the booth, he was excited.

That's because the bullpen has been lights out. Our starters haven't been elite so far this season.

Mets starters have the third best ERA in baseball right now.

Mets starters have the third best ERA in baseball right now.

Gotcha. When stated if I recall it didn't clarify team ERA or starters.

Gotcha. When stated if I recall it didn't clarify team ERA or starters.

Yeah just said the entire pitching staff is garbage, which is pretty obviously not true. Bullpen has been awesome, but the starters have been pretty good as well. Which is not to say I'm not concerned about Degrom and Harvey, though Harvey took a big step in the right direction yesterday.

I post at the Metsrefugees.com board. It's super frat-boy ish, but there's a lot of people on that site that have a lot of knowledge about the Mets.

Granted, go there without your sensibilities easily offended though. Some of the language tossed about is quite awful.

Haha, yikes - it's been a few years since I've seen that language tossed around so casually. It's like the baseball bus in high school.

Lot of fluff on there, but how about the thread speculating that the Mets could pick up Jose Reyes for peanuts? He might be a positive addition to the bench.

I don't post there but Amazin Avenue is probably the best Mets related site.

I'm passing on Reyes at this point. Might be an issue if he's not starting either.

I wish i had an easy way to watch the game, but games on WPIX are blacked out on the MLB package and no other way to see them thats easy

I wish i had an easy way to watch the game, but games on WPIX are blacked out on the MLB package and no other way to see them thats easy

Where do you live? If it's out of market you';d be better off getting MLB.tv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom