2016 NBA Draft Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I was hoping Ron Baker would get picked, but he's sort of like Andy Rautins: hustles hard, good team player, works on D, not quite enough athleticism, good shooter, but not devastating. :noidea:

OrangeDW said:
I think most NBA players would pick Memphis over Sacramento as far as places to live.

I agree, but have you been to Sacramento?

As an added bonus, Donte saved a woman's life there. So that's something. Who will have the better Kings career? Demarcus here comes Mali!!

Wow does that suck. But hey, he's in the league. Vlade will figure it out. Wow does that suck.

But, he will play and playing absolutely matters.

44cuse

I agree, but have you been to Sacramento?

As an added bonus, Donte saved a woman's life there. So that's something. Who will have the better Kings career? Demarcus here comes Mali!!

Wow does that suck. But hey, he's in the league. Vlade will figure it out. Wow does that suck.

But, he will play and playing absolutely matters.

44cuse
The Kings are just a bizarre organization.

First round details:

- 8 upperclassmen (5 seniors & 3 juniors)
- 10 freshman
- 4 sophomores
- 8 foreigners
I'm honestly surprised there were that many seniors...I also want to make a correction to one of my previous posts. 14 players born overseas.

I'm honestly surprised there were that many seniors...I also want to make a correction to one of my previous posts. 14 players born overseas.

I think it's a good sign that seeing perseverance through adversity, determination, hard work and improvement over time is every bit important as having the measurables and potential to improve.I think the number of foreign players taken is a message also. The NBA should go public on their reasoning why stashing a foreign player for a few years till they are older and more developed or risking them never even coming to the states is more advantageous than choosing a US player. What are they seeing, not seeing or experiencing with current players here that makes foreign players more and more coveted?

We can guess but the NBA should be telling the players, coaches etc in the US, what they are looking for that they are finding more in foreign born talent.

Last edited:
I was hoping Ron Baker would get picked, but he's sort of like Andy Rautins: hustles hard, good team player, works on D, not quite enough athleticism, good shooter, but not devastating. :noidea:

Baker signed with the Knicks.

Every time I see this I think of...
image.jpeg

And...
image.jpeg

Just sayin...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics