2016 Onondaga Community College LAX ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Onondaga Community College LAX ...

#2 seed and hosting the tournament. Nassau can't be thrilled with that arrangement.

I'm sure OCC was thrilled last year when they were #1 and had to play Baltimore County CC in Baltimore for the title.

I'm sure OCC was thrilled last year when they were #1 and had to play Baltimore County CC in Baltimore for the title.
Nassau hosted the 3 years prior to that when OCC was the 1 seed as well. I believe teams bid on them rather than giving to highest seed.

Just curious, OCC has been a power for some time now and I believe we have gotten one or two players from them in the past, but why aren't more of these guys playing D1? Is their success largely due to the lack of skill in the NJCAA or are these guys similar to many JC football players - have the skill, but not the grades?

Just curious, OCC has been a power for some time now and I believe we have gotten one or two players from them in the past, but why aren't more of these guys playing D1? Is their success largely due to the lack of skill in the NJCAA or are these guys similar to many JC football players - have the skill, but not the grades?
Its all about the grades. Unfortunately it seems like their better players tend to be the players with the worst grades. Syracuse has actually gotten quite a few from OCC though. I can think of 6 off the top of my head.

Its all about the grades. Unfortunately it seems like their better players tend to be the players with the worst grades. Syracuse has actually gotten quite a few from OCC though. I can think of 6 off the top of my head.
Barber hill staats Thompson sid smith? Did we get another barber or commettie (sp)

Who do you have?

You guys couldn't come up with Cody Jamieson? It's not like his picture isn't posted 4 posts above this one. ;)

Tim Barber, Matt Pratt, Sid Smith, Cody Jamieson, Niko Manning, Jeremy Thompson, Warren Hill,Kevin Bucktooth,Randy Staats. Those are the ones that come to mind. I know they send kids to a lot other d1 schools as well. We just hear the ones going to Syracuse. I know of a few who went to Ohio St, North Carolina , actually a handful at Albany right now. There is a lot of kids going d2 out of there as well. Lemoyne and Limestone roster is filled with OCC guys.

They have a list of alumni on the website.

Last 3 years

Jake White - Salisbury
Aidan Christianson - Bellarmine University
Alex McCaffrey - Lake Erie
Jack Sweeney - Lemoyne College
Grainger Sasso - Cornell

Parrish Young - Stevenson
Seth Leonard - Florida Southern College
Kevin Haggerty - Tusculum College
Logan Ball - University of Hartford
Ryan Mulka - Limestone College
Nicholas Garbarino - Salisbury University
Anthony Zangari - SUNY Cortland
Zachary Lohman - Mars Hill University
Brady Hoose - Florida Southern College
Sean Rhodes - Bethany College
Seth DeLisle - Nazareth College
Mac Morgan - University of Saint Mary
Dan Scanlon - University of Albany
Colin Twombley - Lenoir-Rhyne University
Joe Pascarella - Le Moyne College
Sean Ohlhaver - Stevenson
Tom Pritchard - Cortland

Zach Sealy - LeMoyne
Jeff Conley - Merrimack
Warren Hill - Syracuse
Clay Fickenscher - Robert Morris
Cortland Black-Araujo - Lake Erie
Logan Thomas - LeMoyne
Kenny Tomeno - SUNY Cortland
Tim Barber - Syracuse University
Kevin Klaiber - College at Brockport
Dane Bentley - SUNY Geneseo
Jake Weddell - Alderson Broaddus
Tyler Kopen - Florida Southern
Ky Tarbell - University at Albany
Seth Oakes - University at Albany

Tim Barber, Matt Pratt, Sid Smith, Cody Jamieson, Niko Manning, Jeremy Thompson, Warren Hill,Kevin Bucktooth,Randy Staats. Those are the ones that come to mind. I know they send kids to a lot other d1 schools as well. We just hear the ones going to Syracuse. I know of a few who went to Ohio St, North Carolina , actually a handful at Albany right now. There is a lot of kids going d2 out of there as well. Lemoyne and Limestone roster is filled with OCC guys.
Had Staats, Pratt, Manning, Jameson, Thompson, Hill, and Barber in mind forgot about Sid Smith. Kid was a stud.

Genesee CC 8, Nassau CC 7.

Onondaga CC 11, CCBC-Essex 5.

Last edited:
They've also had a handful of Natives/Canadiens who could've certainly gone on to a D1 school but chose to enter the NLL (Indoor pro league) Draft instead.

Lots of Dumb plays by OCC (Clearing esp) OCC Goalie was Great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom