2016 OOC Schedule Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2016 OOC Schedule Thoughts

And Sharpe!
Va Tech has mined this area for years, including the notorious Vick Bros. I count nearly 20 players from this region on the current Hokie roster

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/2/25/8108151/scheduling-for-2016
Orangeman did a nice job at the link above. Quoting his article below...let's discuss.

From the list below we need to look at one away game and one home game to fill out our OOC schedule.

Lots of possibilities for an away game: Buffalo, UConn, UCF, Tulane, Georgia St, Old Dominion

I'd try a 2 for 1 first with them hosting us away in '16 (UB, WMU, Old Dominion, GaSt, Toledo)

Thoughts

I think we have 3 teams scheduled OOC for 2016, Colgate, USF and ND. So we only have one OOC opening.

It will probably be an away game. I would prefer to see a winnable game scheduled against a team within driving distance of Syracuse. UB and Army would be my top 2 choices. They are available on 9/24. Go for it Herm!

I think we have 3 teams scheduled OOC for 2016, Colgate, USF and ND. So we only have one OOC opening.

It will probably be an away game. I would prefer to see a winnable game scheduled against a team within driving distance of Syracuse. UB and Army would be my top 2 choices. They are available on 9/24. Go for it Herm!

This^^^^^^^ Lots of alum in both places.

Yep

sutomcat said:
I think we have 3 teams scheduled OOC for 2016, Colgate, USF and ND. So we only have one OOC opening. It will probably be an away game. I would prefer to see a winnable game scheduled against a team within driving distance of Syracuse. UB and Army would be my top 2 choices. They are available on 9/24. Go for it Herm!

How about a home game? This may be the most important season of SS career. Stack it in our favor.

Yes you are right...one slot open in 2016 but two realistic dates (week 2 or week 4)

• 09/03 - Colgate

How about a home game? This may be the most important season of SS career. Stack it in our favor.
I'm ok with it...especially if it involves a 2 for 1 or a 1-1-1 with Army

UCF would be a fight. I don't want to give UConn the attention and invite comparisons for local recruiting. I think we need to be more careful regionally. Army or UB OK, but UConn has bigger aspirations then those two right now. Let them die on the vine.
Agree for the same reasons that we should never schedule Rutgers.

SU68 said:
Agree for the same reasons that we should never schedule Rutgers.

Rutgers is in the B1G, they've secured their future. We should schedule them as our annual rival. As someone who cut his teeth as an SU fan in the 90s it makes me want to throw up. But seeing the reality of how that school riles up this board (a significant sample size of the fanbase), we should get that scheduled.

rrlbees said:

I'm with you. MAC team at home. Get 7 in the Dome.

Rutgers is in the B1G, they've secured their future. We should schedule them as our annual rival. As someone who cut his teeth as an SU fan in the 90s it makes me want to throw up. But seeing the reality of how that school riles up this board (a significant sample size of the fanbase), we should get that scheduled.
Frankly, Rutgers is a much better team than we are now. I wouldn't want to schedule them until we're pretty sure we can beat them. The NJ potential recruit would be able to directly compare the two programs.

Frankly, Rutgers is a much better team than we are now. I wouldn't want to schedule them until we're pretty sure we can beat them. The NJ potential recruit would be able to directly compare the two programs.
that's debatable that Rutgers is better with there ooc schedule we would have made a bowl last year too

RU has somehow been able to keep Norfolk State on their schedule. BTW, they're also playing Army this year. Most hilarious thing on their schedule is that have the B10 conference championship game on there. #RUDelusional?

RU has somehow been able to keep Norfolk State on their schedule. BTW, they're also playing Army this year. Most hilarious thing on their schedule is that have the B10 conference championship game on there. #RUDelusional?
Are all other eastern divisioN teams imposing a ban?

I think we're fairly even. Yeah, they were better last year. But I'd bet the games would be competitive.

I concur...but not at the expense of 6 home games a year or two later.

What's the difference though? You have a 6 home game 2016, or you kick the can down the road and try to schedule around it. For any MAC, you need to make it a 2 for 1 like CMU.

I'd try to make 2016 a 7 home game season.

Of course, there's one other important issue. We actually need to be able to win at home.

To clarify...My thoughts are worst case: 6 Carrier Dome Games + 1 MetLife or Yankee Stadium Game and 6 Away games
Otherwise I'd like to get 7 Carrier Dome Games...8 home games are even better but that would be a rare occurrence.

So what I'm saying is we should avoid a 6 Carrier Dome and 6 True Away games schedule or a 5 Dome+ 1 Met Life/Yankee Stadium + 6 True Away Games. Scheduling a few MAC/SunBelt/CUSA schools to a 2 for 1 is ok to balance the lineup is expected. We need bowl games more than TV games right now.

You don't ask to do 2 for 1's with the Academies...Otherwise I'd love to play Army. Maybe a 1-1-1 (WP, Cuse, Yankee Stadium)
I have no problem with this idea, however, how difficult would it be to schedule a game at Yankee stadium with baseball still ongoing?

I have no problem with this idea, however, how difficult would it be to schedule a game at Yankee stadium with baseball still ongoing?
Even more difficult than a team on probation will have getting anyone to play them.

We done.

Even more difficult than a team on probation will have getting anyone to play them.

We done.
you are being overly dramatic with that. We could get UConn to play us with 1 call

The game would have to be about a week after the World Series Ends. So realistically the last 3-4 weeks of the season.

The final OOC game should be Buffalo, Army, UConn or Rutgers for local reasons (Fans, recruiting, etc.), but I wish that they would schedule Houston, Rice, Tulane, SMU or UT San Antonio.

that's debatable that Rutgers is better with there ooc schedule we would have made a bowl last year too

Chris, our SOS last year was 41 and Rutgers' was 52. Looking at their schedule, I have absolutely no idea where we would have put together 6 wins given our inability to move the ball at all.

They hammered UNC in their bowl game (UNC beat multiple teams that we lost to), and Rutgers won at Maryland who handled us in the Dome.

They were much better than us last year.